-Natasha
1st Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 31-01-02 - 04:06 PM
Hi!

I'm perfectly aware of that ... I've known it for a fact for several weeks now that the next single will be "Africa", but I decided not to publish it because there wouldn't be that much in the news! I have the philosophy that there should be some content in the news, and if I don't know when the single will be released for example, I don't publish it!

Of course I could have released the info anyway, but I decided not to ... also because I didn't get a confirmation from Stockholm Records when it was ok to release it and such.

/// NetRoam
webmaster
2nd Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 31-01-02 - 05:45 PM
Yeah!

Natasha ...
guess why I was not putting it on this message board?!
I also tolld NETROAM it for several weeks ago ...
(guess in December 2001) ... but he said then that he would wait untill he has got more info from STOCKHOLM RECORDS ... and because STOCKHOLM RECORDS has no date set yet ... there is not a lot to tell!
So guess we need to wait untill STOCKHOLM RECORDS is going to publishmore!

See ya!
Arjen
3rd Reply
Natasha
Posted 31-01-02 - 06:20 PM
Well sorry if I did something I shoud not have done.
Anyway, I think it was pretty abivous anyway that Africa will be the next single.

--Natasha
4th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 31-01-02 - 07:02 PM
Hi!

Natasha: It's ok ... don't worry about it ... as I said, I've known for a long time - even before A.T.L. contacted me - that Africa would be the new single ... I and my fellow crew-members even had (maybe a small) part of the decision, since Stockholm Records asked us as we visited them back in November, what WE thought should be the next single, and we said Africa as well!

Anyway, fact of the matter is that it's been known for a long time through CDON among others that it's the next single, so don't worry! :)

/// NetRoam
webmaster
5th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 31-01-02 - 07:35 PM
yes, indeed.. we've known that for a long time..

But then again, it was obvious.. you can see it also from the poll of this site that people thought it would be the best choise to be the next one.

I hope it will succeed like "life" did! (life is still in the beginning of its success in Finland, since the radio has just now started to play it.. so.. let's hope it'll reach something here too!)

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
6th Reply
Natasha
Posted 31-01-02 - 08:11 PM
Hi

Well I really hope that "life" will success in Finland too...And wish that "life"will be released in Israel but I guss the chances that it will happen are really tiny...
I wonder if someone know why E4E were released only in the scandinavian country's...

--Natalie
7th Reply
Djablo2001
Posted 31-01-02 - 11:04 PM
I Knew it!!!
first time i heard songs from the album, i knew that the song"AFRICA" was going to be the next single..why..?? because its damn good!!:DDD
i hope they gonna make an video..and that Nana HEDIN is gonna be in it! :|
8th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 01-02-02 - 12:25 AM
Sorry for YOU all ...
But in my eyes just one single of E-TYPE can reach the top here in the Netherlands ...
and that song is:
WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES
That's the only song which can be released as the perfect re-re-re-introduction of E-TYPE ...
I've talked about that with DANNY (from etype.nl) ...
because if LIFE will release here WITHOUT promotion ... it will go the same as before ...
AFRICA or ARABIAN STAR has none hitpotention!
They are both not good enough to reach the charts!
Even thought I like all of the songs (except BANCA BANCA) from EURO IV EVER ... there are at most 3 songs which would be (little) hits here ...

And to come back at NetRoam with that he did knew it before I tolld him ... I also did know it longer ...
but I thought ... wait untill it is sure (Stockholm Records + CDON are mostly my sources) ...

And the reason why I reacted quite a bit "hard" in my previous message:
The times I did this ... I was always warned by NETROAM ... I guess everyone can read those messages (or are they all deleted ???)
So ... big SORRY to Natasha!

Talk to you all later!
Arjen!
9th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 01-02-02 - 02:14 PM // Updated 01-02-02 - 06:48 PM
Hey!

I don't know about the Dutch people's taste, but I personally think that both 'Africa' and 'Arabian Star' have hitpotential, though I don't think 'When I Close My Eyes' will be the big hit - it IS a great song - don't think I don't like it, I DO ... but IF and only IF he was to release that song, I really think he should reconsider how he ends the song, because in my eyes it sounds pretty weird to end the song like it's done!

I do think though that a big international hit could be the underrated track "Loneliness - Ring the alarm" ... it's something new and fresh and might hit it off everywhere ... just think of the music people release nowadays!

Banca Banca is - in my honest opinion - a really good idea for a summer-hit - either that or Arabian Star ... in fact that's also what Stockholm Records thought as we talked to them back in November :)

So in order for E-type to hit everywhere (and not just in the Netherlands, A.T.L.), I think E-type & Stockholm Records have chosen the right songs to be released :)

Take care, ppl!

/// NetRoam
webmaster
10th Reply
Natasha
Posted 01-02-02 - 03:53 PM
Hello to all the wonderful ppl here!!!!

What a nice topic to talk about...
I totally agree with Netroam about the "Loneliness - Ring the alarm"...maybe It's not the best song in the album, but it's defiantly really original , and plus my favorite :) .In the other hand (gotta disagree with ATL here, so don't kill me... :) "When I close my eyes" is way too typical, not that typical is not good, everything e-type typical is great but still I don't think it will reach high positions on the charts.. at least this is what I think..
Got to tell you the truth, I was a bit disappointed when I found out that "Africa" will be next single...
I mean it does have high hit potential but it's not really that... hope you know what I mean...
I really hoped that "Arabian Star" will be next.. oh well, you can't get everything... anyway, hope "Africa" will be a big success as "Life" or even
bigger!!

Have a great day and fantastic weekend!!!
Natasha

11th Reply
Aggie21
Posted 01-02-02 - 04:15 PM // Updated 01-02-02 - 04:37 PM
well, hello again...

I'm really happy that Africa will be the next single. I'd expected it before and I'm sure it is the best choice.

Today I finally heared that news from radio also.

Best regards!!!!!
Aggie
12th Reply
Aggie21
Posted 01-02-02 - 04:37 PM // Updated 01-02-02 - 04:38 PM
... and thank you Flasher T for mailing me (i know it was a long time ago, I was away from this site these times. i saw it only today, so i'm sorry)
I have E4E for now and I also have Life-single.

Anyway thanx, it was nice from you!

See Ya all!!!!!!!!
Aggie
13th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 01-02-02 - 06:00 PM
Nice conversatio we have here, indeed.

As said before, I also think that e-type shouldn't release a too typical track, since it wouldn't be so "extraordinary" that people usually wait from E-type.

I think Africa is the right one to release. Although I also think that Arabian Star would have made a nice single, but I guess they are still careful with the Arabian-subject. After all, they had to change the lyrics to the song AND to print it to the covers, that it was written in March 2001 already.. all because of "the eleventh". Maybe the scars from that aren't healed enough to release something like that. So sorry that politics affect on music, but that's how it is nowadays.

anyway, I agree that "loneliness - ring the alarm" would make a great single. It has the same producer (Kadir Taysir) than "Arabian Star" and has the same "eastern" sound. It's almost perfect. It's controversial enough to succeed. Even in Neatherlands, I'd imagine ;)

But, let's see.. I have a feeling that Banca Banca will be released before summer, like we talked at Stockholm Records. It's not really THAT bad, ATL. If it was good enough to perform for Crownprincess Victoria on her birthday, then it must be good enough to a release ;) I think so. Too bad I won't be here to see that.

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
14th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 02-02-02 - 05:50 PM
I still don't agree with you people!
I mean that you can say what DUTCH people like while you are not DUTCH! I cannot help to be an E-TYPE fan ... most people don't know E-TYPE anymore! Such a great impact is not made with CAMPIONE 2000 ...

I can only say ... that if he would release ARABIAN STAR here in the Netherlands ... that he could throw his money better into the ocean! DANNY and I have been talking about it ... and we did agree that it wouldn't be a succesfull single here!
He did also agree with me that WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES would be the perfect single to release here!

I don't want you to think that I wanna have the last word ... or to be right ... but you don't know the stupid taste of music here in the Netherlands!

As I said a few days after the release of E4E ... LONELINESS (RING THE ALARM) is for me the best track at the album!

And as you were saying about BANCA BANCA ...
it can be a summer hit ... and I am sure it will hit a high position in the charts in SWEDEN ... but as far as I know ... BANCA BANCA will NOT be released HERE in the Summer of this year ... so no summer hit with BANCA BANCA here in the Netherlands!

And now I will come back at something which you all STILL don't agree with me ...
I heard again from OTHER friends then the previous times ... that in several songs are samples from known songs! (with KNOWN songs I mention songs which were KNOWN here in the Netherlands!)
I don't wanna hear now from you that I am not right ... and I also don't wanna hear that a lot of other music/artists has got samples from other songs ... because I know you would say that ... and you've said that before ... I just wanted to mention that again!

Talk to you all later!
ARJEN!
15th Reply
mondano
Posted 04-02-02 - 05:08 AM
Here in Canada I don't think E-Type would have a chance (even though I love all his music.) There arn't many dance music stations north of Toronto. He did make it on the charts here with "Here I Go Again", but didn't last very long, really because nobody knew of him. The big thing here right now seems to be hard hitting trance, like DJ Sammy's "Heaven," and DJ's @ Work "Someday." both awsome songs. The thing that I find alot of Canadians don't like about E-Type is his voice, the thing which really applead to me most because it is different.

If he did release a new song I definately think either "Time" or "When I Close My Eyes" would have the dance floors pounding.
16th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 04-02-02 - 03:53 PM
Thanx MONDANO
I didn't want to say the thing about the VOICE ...
but that is also a poing which a lot of DUTCH people don't like!
A teacher from me (who is also a singer) says that his voice his made with computer! And I can immagine people are saying that!

And again THANX TO MONDANO ...
about TIME an WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES ...
they are REALLY the songs which would do it here also very good in the charts!

You people were saying that AFRICA is more typical E-TYPE ... but when E-TYPE makes different songs ... then how can you call something TYPICAL for him?!
I cannot say what typical E-TYPE is ...

Talk to you later!
Arjen!
17th Reply
Danny
Posted 04-02-02 - 04:01 PM
i don't mind what the new single will be as a E-type fan i like all the tunes,
but as ATL metioned, in Holland only the trancy songs of e-type will hit the charts hard, the others will hit it but not as far as the top 10. in Baarn
they love Africa & Arabian Star.

Last time i played Arabian STar on a Party and the people (mostly Arabians were completly going crazy, so i quess this will hit good by those people.

so lets all be greatfull that E-type releases songs and hopefully he will do great all over Europe (even in the Netherlands, ATL).

so Euro IV Ever Everyone.

Danny
webmaster etype.nl
18th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 04-02-02 - 06:49 PM
And DANNY ... as we talked about it ...:

Without promotion ... NO HIT!!!

Everything is in the hands of RADIO 538 and TMF!
As long as they will not like the song ... it will not be played ... and that means that it will be no hit!
It's just that simple here!
The only thing why CAMPIONE 2000 reached the 3rd position in the MEGA TOP 100 was that the song was the song from the EK2000 which was here ... so ...

(I can go on for days with this ... :P)

Buttuh ... waiting for more reactions on this subject!

Keep on smiling!
Arjen!
19th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 04-02-02 - 08:13 PM
Well...

I don't know if it's so "unique" about Holland... I don't think there would be a hit ANYWHERE without promotion. No, not even in Finland.

Have they released anything in Holland yet? You know, the releases are NOT attached to the radiostations, it's up to the record companies. Even though the station affect on the play, they still don't deside about releases. So stop complaning about that, and HOPE that SR will do something for the album to be released in Holland too. The radio stations will promote the album if the record company tells them to. At least that's what usually happens, I don't know about Holland, you seem to do everything SO different from the rest of the world.

anyway.. I don't mean to sound pissed off or anything, I just get frustrated with reading the same arguments over and over again.

but to "cheer you up" I can tell that even though Universal Finland seemed not to have any interest on E-type, they are working now. I see and hear E-type all the time in radio and tv. And, he will come to play in Finland soon again (even though the reviews I've read have NOT been too positive.. hahaha). It seems to be like I've heard; he'll work first on Scandinavia and then the rest of the Europe. I believe Holland is included in the rest of Europe.

Try to have more positive thoughts about the issue.. to me it sounds like you'd judge E-type not to succeed in Holland no matter what. I don't think Dutch people would be so extraordinarily different that their taste of music would be so unlike the Scandinavian people's. At least I hope so. For E-type's sake.

borrowing ATL's words: keep on smiling, see ya!

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page