Interactive  [Message Board]
Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries
Author Subject:  BANCA BANCA single ...
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 06-07-02 - 05:51 PM
I cannot give the entry in the charts ... but I was really surprised that (even though you people were so quite optimistic about it!) this BANCA BANCA song enters the sale chart soooooooooo much lower then the AFRICA single!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that it is getting higher ... but we'll see!!!

see ya
Arjen
1st Reply
Michael
Temporarily disabled
Posted 30-07-02 - 09:53 AM
A.T.L.
Can`t you see, that Africa much better then Ba-Ba!
Exuse for my bad English
2nd Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 30-07-02 - 07:55 PM
Havent you read ALL my very negative messages about BANCA BANCA?!

Please read and judge again!

see ya!
Arjen
3rd Reply
Erika
Posted 01-08-02 - 05:47 AM
I thought you had changed your mind. Was I wrong?
4th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 01-08-02 - 01:01 PM
I have always said that BANCA BANCA was the song on the album which I dislike the most ...
Never changed my mind about it ...

But from the start I said that the song wouldnt become a huge hit on the Swedish sale charts!!!
So read all my messages about BANCA BANCA again, then you will see that I didnt changed my oppinion about it!
I only said that even I could be wrong with my thoughts! But as you know ... they were not wrong!

see ya
Arjen
5th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 01-08-02 - 01:37 PM
you mean EVEN you could be wrong...???

that's new.

Anyway, I don't think anyone has the energy to sit in front of the computer all the time it would take to read all your messages about the single...

I am sure everyone has understood that you don't like the song and that you seem to be in some weird way happy to see it didn't succeed. Well why wouldn't you be, it just proved your supreme skill to see the future.

and to one of your old messages, where you said that Hold Your Horses would have been a hit if it had a video... I have to say that I really disagree. Cause after Borschtjii, Hold your horses is the worst E-type-song ever, I think.

So, he wanted to try something new, it didn't work. I am sure he learned from that (that is, his record company learned from that, it is not him personally making the decision, you know)

as Richard Fish of Ally McBeal says...

BY GONE!

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant - tired of reading threads with the same old contents
6th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 01-08-02 - 03:21 PM
Touché
7th Reply
Lena
Banned: 2 time(s)
Banned

Posted 01-08-02 - 03:26 PM
First of all, Borschtjii is not E-type's song! And secondly, it's not a song! It's Russian folk theme "Vyjdu na ulicu, gljanu na selo" with E-type's variations! And third, I'm agree, it's very bad variations, cause E-type know nothing about Russian folk music, and also he doesn't know develop principle of Russian folk themes. If he wanna learn it, he must to reed chapter "Russian folk polyphony" of the book "Polyphony" written by Muller (unfortunately in Russian). I don’t know another way to learn it! And, of course, folk music is not "something new"... Million people around the globe learn it every day! Is there anyone, who can tell us about Latino folk music and about Banca Banca?

8th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 01-08-02 - 03:52 PM
CHILL GUYS!

1. Hold Your Horses was great.
2. Banca Banca is great.
3. Lena, you shouldn't take it so close to heart ;) it's a cool remix of a folk tune.
9th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 01-08-02 - 04:03 PM
Well,
1. Hold Your Horses is ever great.
2. Banca Banca is great.
3. Borschtjii is a cool remix of a folk tune.

10th Reply
Phoenix
Posted 01-08-02 - 06:19 PM
Of course it's the matter of opinion.
I liked "Hold your Horses" (mainly because it reminded me of fantasy). And I love the remix in "Greatest Hits".
I'm not crazy about Banca Banca, but it's okay, not bad, that is.
Furthermore, I love Borschtjii, and I don't think that in order to make a cool mix of some folk theme you need to know the developing principles of Country's folk themes. That is something you need to know in order to write similar music. Anyways, I like the mix.
PS: Lena, thank for reminding me where he got the melody, couldn't quite put my finger on it. Now I know :)
11th Reply
Aliisa
Posted 01-08-02 - 07:07 PM
in my opinion
I like "Banca Banca"
I like "Hold Your Horses"
I like "Borschtjii"

I like every E-Type song I have heard
12th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 02-08-02 - 01:07 AM
Hello,
I think Myra said everything that needed to be said. I like the song Hold Your Horses. Although I dont quite know what he was getting at. If anyone knows the actual lyrics to the song then e-mail me them please or post them here. I think everyone should just drop the subject about Banca Banca because its a good song just not what E-Type fans usually expect. And Borsthcjii ( or however you spell it ) is an OK song but it takes a listen or two to get used to it. I like the melody. Am I right??.
In Gods Name,
Heather :)
13th Reply
mondano
Posted 02-08-02 - 01:53 AM
I'll say it again because I think that I am right in this, tell me if I'm wrong:

ALL of E-Types are very very good, even Banca, Banca, Hold Your Horses and Borschtjii. The thing about these songs is that they are what I like to call, "Filler Songs." They are great as part of the album and fun to listen to btu should not be released as singels. E-Type needs to release "Time", "When I Close My Eyes", "No More Tears" and "Loneliness (Ring The Alarm.)" These are the songs that should impact the charts. If he releases "Arabian Star", "Star" or "Borschtijii", don't expect much.

I swear if I could be E-Type's Promotion director I could do a much better job than Stockholm Records.
14th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 02-08-02 - 02:08 AM
I don't think I agree with you that "No More Tears" would be a good single release ... "Time" would be a good choice and "Arabian Star" is also a great choice in my opinion.

There is a certain feel on these 2 songs that I really enjoy.

I know that both you mondano and A.T.L like "When I Close My Eyes" and I agree that it's a great track, but there's parts of it that I find not suitable so it can be a single release - if they should release it anyway, the ending of the song needs to change, because it ends in a funny way.

Also - I think "When I Close My Eyes" in some ways remind me of track 6 on Last Man Standing (I'm flying) - same length of the song approximately, same build-up of the song and they are quite similar in a way ... and as you know - I'm flying was never released as a single because it's what mondano likes to call it a "filler-song" - one of the gems that needs to be on an album that noone has heard of unless they buy the album - a song that seperates the hit-singles from the slower songs on the album.

So that leads it down to 2-3 choices in my opinion which are "Time", "Loneliness" and "Arabian Star". Time has the same feeling that "I'll find a way" did on Last Man Standing - great tracks and could be a possible single-release and hit ... "Loneliness - Ring the alarm" reminds me of a combination of "So dem a com" and "Forever wild" - interesting combination and also a style that's not expected from E-type - which probably could get him some success but perhaps not in Sweden who knows what to expect from him. "Arabian star" is the combination of "Princess of Egypt" and "Free like a flying demon" which is the most interesting combination of them all in my opinion!

So to sum it all up - my suggestion for the next single would be "Arabian star" followed by "Time" and "Loneliness - Ring the alarm".

Now I know that some people might disagree with me, but that's how I feel about it all and noone can change that!

Best regards from

/// NetRoam
webmaster
15th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 02-08-02 - 07:37 AM // Updated 02-08-02 - 07:56 AM
I agree, but not at all. “Loneliness – Ring the alarm” is my favorite song, cause it reminds me of a combination of gramophone and reggey (maybe “Reggey gone Ragga”, but only better, than it was written by dr.Alban in/on 19-hairy year).
16th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 02-08-02 - 10:38 AM
lot of different opinions we have here...

I also think that Loneliness would be a good choise for a single.

Also... every day as I go shoopping or out to eat or anything, I always hear some euro-music (dance, disco, how ever you want to call it) and it makes me feel sorry that there's no E-type on the market, cause that type of music is played so much.. these people really love it!

Loneliness might be a good choise to be the first single here, for Kadir Taysir (co-producer of Loneliness and Arabian Star) is Turkish, and the songs also have the beat that these people see as their own.

But I am quite sure that there will never be a release here. too bad. about 70million people that are crazy for dancing... (really, give a beat, and these people dance all night!!! really... not like anywhere I've seen before!!!)

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
17th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 02-08-02 - 10:49 AM
Hello again ... :D

NetRoam ... Time is not a good song to be released outside Scandinavia !!!
It will be a better hit then BANCA BANCA ... thats for sure ... but it aint a song to release ... Time is in my eyes more a "fill-up-the-album-track" !!!
Time is too "sad-sounding"! It is a "too scary" sound ... only the refrain can be used for a hit ... the E-Type part is not good enough for a succes hit!

Loneliness (ring the alarm), When I Close My Eyes and Arabian star will be for sure hits!

For Loneliness ... its typical the HERBIE sound ...
and as far as I know, most people like a funny kind of songs, this song sounds very funny!
It something completely different for here (Netherlands). So it needs a lot of promotion before it would be a hit here ... cause Dutch people dont like songs when they are not played a lot on the radio etc (I know it sounds stupid, but its true!)!

Arabian Star:
For the Netherlands the song need to be changed. I am sure that when E-Type will change the song to a dance/trance version as Africa, then he will got a top 10 hit with it! The start of the song and the "LALALLALALALALA" needs to be changed ...
and the background music where E-Type is singing.
So ... with several changes the song will be a perfect hit!

When I Close My Eyes:
The song starts excellent. Slowly, but with energy!
Then the bass with the music starts. Still nothing to change. E-Type his part -> strong bass, perfect E-Type voice. Still nothing to change. Also Refrain ... nothing to change. Song reminds me a bit of Here I Go Again and Angels Crying ... those 2 were less or more a bit like WICME! And were all very big DANCE-FLOOR hits! Okej, you can doubt about the end of When I Close My Eyes. Maybe a stronger end ... a BOOM in the end ... nah anyway ... dont change the song ... its the PERFECT single!!!

Star, Borschstjii, and No more Tears also have hit potention ...
Star could be a CHRISTMAS hit ...
I allready see E-Type sitting in the snow, singing this song :D
Borschstjii can be a "B-side" song on an other single.
No More Tears has got the hit potention thanks to the strong Refrain!

So ... still for me it is that for sure Banca Banca and Time were/are not the songs to be released!
The song which need to be changed before release as single:
Arabian Star, (and maybe No More Tears a bit!)
Perfect singles:
When I Close My Eyes & Loneliness- Ring the alarm!

Keep on smiling!
And lets hope that E-Type is that smart that he will release WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES!!!!!!!

see ya
Arjen
18th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 02-08-02 - 11:15 AM
Arjen! Sometimes I dream about the time
WHEN U CLOSE UR EYES!
19th Reply
A.T.L.