» Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Question....
AquariaGirl12
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 28-09-02 - 06:53 PM
Hey does anyone know if there is or was a band called Nun Permanent??. The reason being I was searching around for E-Type and it came up with this band and said that Nana had sang backup vocals and I had never heard of them before....Anybody else ever hear of them??.
In Gods Name and God Bless,
Heather :)
1st Reply
Flasher T
Posted 29-09-02 - 12:57 AM
Never heard of them, but Nana has more or less sung backup for everyone signed to SR... maybe there's something on their site?
2nd Reply
mondano
Posted 29-09-02 - 07:09 PM
I know she has sung backup vocals for Aqua or there 2 album, and I think Britney Spears as well.
3rd Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 29-09-02 - 10:54 PM
Hey everyone,
I knew that she had sung backup vocals for Aqua and on all 3 of Britney Spears cds....
Thanks.
4th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 30-09-02 - 03:33 PM
about britney ...
we can better say that it is not only that she had sing as backup singer ... I am still guessing she is THE Britney voice

And come on guys ...
You all know that she has been singing by:
Five, Dr Alban, E-Type, Ace Of Base, Jessica Folcker and many many others
Also not listed to Stockholm Records!
Dont forget other great names like the Backstreet Boys and N Sync!!!

see ya all!
Arjen
5th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 30-09-02 - 04:08 PM
now now, ATL...

listen to Britney Spears... and think just a bit.

isn't that quite an insult on Nana to even suspect that she might actually be the voice of BS???????? BS doesn't have a good voice, and she got to the surface only cause of Max Martin's incredible talent to make even a totally bad-voiced kid sound good. And when you listen to Britney speak, you will notice it is the same voice that sings.

but for "la cream"... THAT I am ready to believe, Tess never sang herself on the albums. (I heard her live once and that was enough. she was terrible)

anyway, the point is that I really wouldn't doupt it even in 100 years that Nana would sing the actual vocals of Britney Spears.

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
6th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 30-09-02 - 09:48 PM
Hey everyone,
You know you both are totally right....
I heard B.S. live on TV once before....She is truly awful....She cant do a concert without her machines to make her voice like that....
I dont doubt for a second that Nana actually sings the real voice of Britney Spears....
But I do have to admit that B.S'. voice ( If it really is her voice ) sounds a bit different than Nana's voice....
I have to say this also....All my friends agree....
Britney Spear's songs would stink if Nana didn't sing background to them....
Also....If Max Martin and Kristian Lundin didnt write the songs for her then she wouldn't be famous at all....AND THATS THE TRUTH!!!!.
Ill have to check out the band La Cream....I think that I have heard of them before....
By the way I dont think that Nana has sang backup for Backstreet Boys or N*Sync.
I also think ( And this is just my opinion....So dont get mad at me....)
I love E-Type with all my heart....But I truly dont think his fast dance songs would be as good....
Now his slow ballad like songs sound great with just him singing....
Now does anyone agree with me on this??.
7th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 30-09-02 - 09:50 PM
I made a mistake in my last post....
NANA DOESNT SOUND LIKE BRITNEY SPEARS....
Sorry about that....
8th Reply
Erika
Posted 01-10-02 - 07:17 AM
I hate Britney! She's absolutely untalented and actually she'd better not sing at all.
Plaese don't compare B.S. with Nana!
9th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 01-10-02 - 07:25 AM
Actually make that everyone who was produced by Cheiron... hehe.

As for E-type's fast songs not being too good without Nana... I agree, but unlike BS and about 80% of Cheiron's bands, E-type actually writes his own music ;) ok, so he does it with some help from Max Martin and the others, but it's still *his* music, as opposed to all the boy bands and other trash that Cheiron made big bucks on :)
10th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 01-10-02 - 08:32 AM
what are you for people?
Are you not reading the inlays of CDs???
NANA really has been singing on the background
of the artist which I wrote ..
I am not an idiot or something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read! PLEASE READ the inlays of cds ...
and then come back to make me pissed of with your stupid reactions!

And for Britney Spears, in OOPS I DID IT AGAIN you can hear Nana singing very good!!!
And Britney aint singing herself

and another thing ...
never heard about changing voices by computers ???

Please think again all of you!!!
And then come with better reactions!

see ya
Arjen
11th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 01-10-02 - 03:50 PM
What do you mean by better reactions, ATL? Reactions, that support your opinions? What kind of a reaction do you see your own as, starting to "shout" here on some booklets???

what are YOU for a person, with such a stupid reaction?? I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether or not they are the same with yours. and I am sure that 99% of the stuff people write here is NOT written just in purpose to piss you off. Even though that seems to happen in 99% of the cases someone has a different opinion.

is it time to grow up, maybe?

and to the subject... Of course voices can be changed on computer. but if it was Nana, with a great voice singing the BS vocals (by which I do NOT mean backups, but the solo) then why the hell would they turn it to a bad voice by computer? I'm quite sure the former Cheiron people are not idiots either.

If you listen to BS talk, you can notice that her talking voice matches with the singing voice. But it is not a good voice, not on the albums, not live.

and I totally agree, Britney Spears is totally untalented little girl who certainly wouldn't be anything without Max Martin. (and I have told about this to Max Martin, too, briefly. he didn't deny it.)

and this is what I wanted to say, not written to piss anyone off, but to give you my opinion.

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
12th Reply
Lena
Banned: 2 time(s)
Banned

Posted 01-10-02 - 06:49 PM
ATL! Why do you spell Britney with a smoll b??? Anyway, Iit's a good idea :))) I hate Britney!!!!!!!!!!!
13th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 02-10-02 - 02:08 AM
Hey everyone,
On OOPS I DID IT AGAIN I think that the songs that you can hear Nana best are
2- Stronger
3- Don't Go Knockin' On My Door
6- What You See Is What You Get
10- Can't Make You Love Me
But she also sings on Oops I Did It Again and Lucky.
I actually feel kind of bad for Nana for having to work with B.S.
Also....
If you read the credits in the cd covers then you would have noticed that the only band that thanked Nana individually was AQUA. They said " Thank you to Nana Hedin for your fantastic voice and humor".
I think that that gives all the American bands that she sang for a bad image....
Nana is too nice to be taken advantage of like that....
Does anyone else agree with me??.
Also....
I totally 100% agree with everyone on this forum about B.S. being a no-talent little kid....Her little sister Jamie is the same way....
14th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 02-10-02 - 03:28 PM

The thing I was getting pissed off about was that
I am completely right in the list of artists where Nana is singing on the
background!
That is all standing in the inlays of the cds!

Britney, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Five, Jessica Folcker, Ace Of Base, Dr
Alban and many many others were pleased with the nice voices of "our" Nana
Hedin.

And dont say it isn't so ... cause I know that I am right!
I dont wanna say that I am an "all-knower"
but this information is REALLY in the inlays of the cds ...

Almost forgotten:
I am allready for manyyears wondering if BRITNEY is it herself who is
singing ... so ... thats why I am still wondering why who would be the real
voice
(or if it would be soo much changed by computer that her wrong voice turned
into a quite funny voice)

Anyway ... about computer-voices talked ...
A teacher of me last year told me that the voice of E-Type is ALSO changedby
computer ..
what do you think ????

thanks for listening
Bye bye people who think I dont know things
about background singers!!!
greetz
Arjen
15th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 02-10-02 - 07:03 PM
OK, I think this thread has gone WAY out of hand!

First of all ... ATL, come on! Don't tell me you can't tell the difference between Britney's own voice and the voice of Nana ... you must have really bad ears if that's the case. Britney's voice is awful and it's a disgrace to Nana's voice to even doubt about that. Of course Britney's voice has been manipulated with by using the computer and such - it's so obvious!

And if you want complete proof that Nana isn't singing the real vocals of B.S' songs, then compare Nana's song called "Fame" and any of B.S' songs and you will know right away!

It might be true that Nana's name is mentioned in the booklets of all the artists you say, ATL ... I won't say otherwise because I don't have the booklets of most of them anyway, but I do know that AQUA has credited Nana on their CD's :)

Anyway - telling people on the board that the person is completely right (with that I mean 'applauding yourself for being - oh so - knowledgeable') make people think of you as a smart ass and a "know-it-all" and even though you say you don't want to sound like that - that IS in fact what you sound like, so my suggestion is to be well aware of what you write before posting it!

Also - look at the 10th reply - the reply that you wrote - ATL - you say that "you're not an idiot or something" - but that's exactly what you are for making a stupid reply like that ... every person writes their own opinion and their own beliefs, and if their beliefs aren't correct, then it doesn't give you the right to run them down like you do - even if you know the right answer or not - that's plain childish.

And before you make any serious accusations against me, I wanna say that I have talked to NOONE about this reply - so you can't accuse me of talking to others about what I just wrote because that's my own opinion.

Enough of this for now!

To answer your other question, I can say that it's obvious that E-type has used computers to manipulate with his voice too ... there's a clear difference between the CDs and when he performs LIVE - I - for one - should know that, and I'm sure people will agree with me as well.

Take care everyone!

/// NetRoam
webmaster
16th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 02-10-02 - 09:53 PM
Hey everyone,
This will make you laugh....
A boy in my Visual Communications class brought in B.S's. Oops I Did It Again. I was like " My fave singer sings background vocals on that CD!!!!". My friend Sara said Nana is even stupider than B.S. and I yelled at her.... It was so funny though, even though everyone said that they didnt like B.S. they all sang along anyway and let me tell you....When you hear a guy sing Oops I Did It Again....Well you get the picture....ITS HILARIOUS!!!!.
But about the Webmaster said....
I think we all have expressed our opinions about B.S. and Nana and if you want to carry it out any further then please feel free to e-mail me....
Oh yea....Is anyone else going to the concert in Toronto, Ontario, Canada??.
17th Reply
Lena
Banned: 2 time(s)
Banned

Posted 03-10-02 - 12:09 AM
To Morten:
The ears of ATL are most beautiful ears I ever saw! WHAT ELSE????
18th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 03-10-02 - 02:01 PM
I agree here with NetRoam :)

it is obvious that E-type has used computer to change his voice. on albums he sounds quite much more like a robot than a man... Not in every song, though, but most of them. And he has said it himself, too, in some interviews, but since my article-archives are in Finland, I can't find it to you now.

I think most of the artists nowadays use the computer. That makes them sound "bad" live, cause they can't take that much advantage of the computers then. That goes for E-type, too, actually. I usually use earplugs during the concerts, cause I once hurt my ears quite badly and I want to prevent the damage to get worse. The earplugs leave out most of the "noice" but you can still hear the song very well. it leaves the sound like "unmixed", and then you can hear how the artist actually sings.

I have to admit that E-type's singing had improved a lot for this tour, if I compare with LMS-tour. At least in Ekenas 1999 he was singing very off-tone. I didn't mind, of course, cause it was E-type, after all. But he certainly sounded much worse than on the albums, or than on the E4E-tour.

Anyway, there are a lot of computers used in the musicbusiness. that allows untalented littlechicks like BS to make a CD. kinda sad, though, cause without manipulating the voice with computers the music branch might actually have more people with a VOICE and less people with only good looks and bad steps.

and of course, you can see these are my opinions, spiced with a few general facts. if you want to call them stupid or wrong, you are welcome. I think I'll place myself above that :)

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
19th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 06-10-02 - 11:02 AM
Point one:

Yes, it's obvious that like every other singer out there, E-type does use computer enhancements for the albums. IMO that doesn't make him sound bad live. I enjoyed the Sthlm so much exactly because the songs sounded very different, it all adds to the experience of actually seeing the artist perform live. It also allows to separate people who can actually sing from people who just move and lipsync. I haven't been to a BS live show, but (and the Russians should be well familiar with this) a lot of the time these fake pop acts have a record playing through the speakers and not actually them singing during live shows. And that sucks.

Point Two: No, Nana does not sing the BS songs - just backup. Enhancements or no enhancements, the voices are way different. IMO.
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page