» Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries
20th Reply
Arven
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 03-02-03 - 03:39 PM
Bassman, is there any chance to see E-Type in Russia in the foreseeable future?
21st Reply
Arven
Posted 03-02-03 - 03:45 PM
Bassman, is there any chance to see E-Type in Russia in the foreseeable future?

P.S. Russian fans LOVE E-Type
22nd Reply
mondano
Posted 04-02-03 - 00:18 AM
OK OK I give up and I also apologize Bassman. I still believe what I said is true, but it is just my opinion.

I didn't mean to be argumentative I was just makeing a satement and it got out of hand. About the "north american rap music" note it was just a point and of course he woulden't sing rap (I hope). I was just giving an example of how he is totally changing paths. Euro to country that's pretty extreme (and yes I know it is going to be a mix of both).

By "that's where he belongs" I meant that he found a style that the fans (all over the world) seem to love and made an album full of no-filler songs. Euro IV Ever was an amazing album and if you look on the album charts, it was his most loved album by the fans. The album did very well and E-Type got more recognition world wide than ever before.

Also besides "Angels Crying" and "Angels Country" haveing the same lyrics, they are two totally different songs. Different tempo, instruments, you tell me the similarities. It's the same with "Set the world on fire" and "Set the world Unplugged". Call it a remix if that makes you happy. We obviously disagree over this.

P.S It's ok about sending me "The Explorer" I already have a burned copy.

23rd Reply
Erika
Posted 04-02-03 - 10:54 AM
Dear Arven I, actually, have lost the hope too see E-type in Russia ever. How about you?
24th Reply
Bassman
Posted 04-02-03 - 12:25 AM
OK, Mondanoman, ONE more try...

check out what Flasher T says:
"3) IMO there's a difference between Martin Eriksson and E-type. Martin Eriksson is free to do whatever he wants and pursue whatever musical genre,"

This is, once again, why the country project WILL NOT be released as E-type material, thus having nothing to do with E-types carreer, OK?
If you compare songs like "Set the world on fire", "Free like a flying demon" and "Princess of egypt" - which one is "true E-type style" They are pretty different from eachother, aren't they?

Conclusion - could it be that the only thing that makes a song a "True E-type song" is Martin himself? And if so, isn't the metal tour, the country version and whatever he may come up with in the future also E-type stuff?

On the other hand you of course have got a point about E4E being the most successful album. (true if you look at charts, but in sales LMS was hotter) and this is also the reason the forthcoming album will be quite similar to the previous ones. "In the E-type tradition."

Then - the "Angels Crying/country issue". Same lyrics, same chords same melody. What else do you need? - it's simply the same song! Try it from this angle: if another artist should have released one of the versions - don't you think there would have been a lawsuit for copying/stealing?

Case closed

/Judge J
25th Reply
Bassman
Posted 04-02-03 - 12:29 AM
P.S. Mondano, gimme an adress and of course I'll send you the explorer!
26th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 06-02-03 - 03:36 PM
Hah hah,

reading this conversation just gave me the first honest laugh in a week or so.. (haven't been too much on a mood for laughing. I've seen J.R. Ewing in my dreams for the last 2 weeks, same dream every night... if anyone has hints on how to get rid of him, please mail me..)

Now, Johan, this is what you get when you comment a conversation.. ;) I hope it won't make you quit coming here, it's always nice to have someone "from inside" telling their opinions :)

Honestly, I think that actually trying to fit E-type to any musical genre at all is waste of time. by this I don't mean that he couldn't be fitting to any, but he actually fits on so many, that it is impossible to point out one certain one.

of course Euro-genre would be the closest one, but it isn't all that.

why wouldn't we start a new genre, call it "E-type" and in that we would have only - and I mean only - E-type..? I'm not sure if there's anyone on this forum that wouldn't have agreed that E-type has this very individual style, and that is where E-type belongs, in my opinion. And I trust in him enough, that what ever he would do, which ever genre he wants to try, he will have his special touch in it, and it would make it as much an E-type song as any song on E4E is, for example. Even if he would want to be the Eminem of Europe ;)

What I am trying to say here, is that what ever Martin releases as E-type, is an E-type song. Whether or not it sounds like the previous ones. And what ever Martin releases as something (or someONE, actually) else is not an E-type song. As simple as that.

Keep on having conversations like this :) I could use some more entertainment here in a country where the only E-type song available is Campione... (and once again I was surprised, as we went to see an office-soccer game, and the other girls that were cheering to the other office, started to sing Campione.. as they were loosing 9-2 life is full of wonders...)

Ever thought about releasing anything in here?? (Turkey is hot for dance, I hear it all the time. too bad I don't like it)

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
27th Reply
mondano
Posted 06-02-03 - 11:54 PM
To put this whole topic to rest:

One of the main reasons I fell in love with E-Type's music in the first place was Martin's voice. His singing is so distinct from any other artist I have heard. I guess we can say his voice is what makes E-Type seperate from other dance/pop/euro groups. So in a way you guys are right when you say E-Type has his own genre. But this also means if Martin is going to be the lead singer for the new country/euro material then that makes it (to my ears) E-Type's music, no matter what new name of the group will be. You have written many times that the new sound will still be euro but with country mixed, and (tell me if i'm wrong) Martin will be the singer. Therefore whatever the name of the new group is, basically it is still E-Type music.

P.S: I would just like to add that although Martin is the front man and I made it sound like he alone is the group, all the band members have done an awsome job on the 4 albums released so far.

P.S.S: End of dicussion for me. peace...

28th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 07-02-03 - 01:01 PM
:)

I just wanted to make one more comment.

it is certain, that as the singer, or the "front man" is the same person, you can say it is the same guy, on some level.

But just... there is a difference between Martin Eriksson and E-type. To me E-type is E-type, and what ever else Martin does, is something else.

Like for "Sveakampen", I never thought that "E-type wrote a book" (although for some people it was easier to explain it like that), but it was Martin Eriksson. And I am feeling a bit confused, as my "Sveakampen" was signed by E-type. somehow doesn't fit.

The same goes for music. Same guy, different name. :) if he changes his nick for some other project, then to me it is not an E-type -thing, it is something else. That is, to me. in my opinion. the way I think.

and unless someone has some really interesting comments, this is end of discussion for me, too :)

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
29th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 09-02-03 - 05:48 PM
Hey everyone,
Why is everyone so upset? Ok, true I got into Euro-Dance because I was trying to find an alternative to American rap and rock and such. But if E-Type ( Martin ) wants to do a different style of music, no matter what anyone thinks nothing is going to stop him. And whether people have their doubts or not they should just wait to see what it actually sounds like....I will be a fan of E-Type no matter what kind of music he produces because I like him as a person and I respect the fact that he might want to change his style....And just as a suggestion, maybe some of you might want to think that over too....
In Gods Name and God Bless,
Heather :)
30th Reply
Michael
Temporarily disabled
Posted 09-02-03 - 06:16 PM // Updated 14-02-03 - 08:42 PM
You know, I've never liked BSB or N'Sync's songs, slow songs about love etc. But!!! My heart is crying, while I'm listening "Do You Always" or "Star" and so on. Why? Cause I'm really liking music, that Made In Sweden - made by Martin Eriksson. The same story with The Explorer-songs and rock! I'm not interesting in rock anyway, but I love Free Like Flying Demon! All I want to say, is that I like EVERYTHING that Martin writes and sings. Why? I don't know. Maybe, I'm "true fan". Well, Euro-metall? Why not??? I'm sure, that'll be cool!
31st Reply
Flasher T
Posted 18-02-03 - 03:22 PM
In light of the Sthlm gig I decided to bump this discussion...

Wonder if my begging Judge J had anything to do with it? ;) Anyway, I'm there. Just need to figure out the crap with Ticnet - they won't sell tickets to non-residents of Sweden. Bastards.

Oh well, at worst I'll just have to come early and buy the ticket at the door.
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page