Interactive  [Message Board]
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Question (Please Help)
Andy
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 26-01-03 - 04:18 AM
I have 2 questions:

1. Who is this Mud person that cowrote so many of E-Type's songs.

2. Are there any plans for the next album??? EuroIVEver was AWESOME!!!

1st Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 26-01-03 - 01:27 PM
1. Mud's real name is Fredrik Ekdahl, and it's true that he co-writes almost every E-type song ... I actually heard a rumour once that E-type (Martin) writes his songs in Swedish and Mud helps him translate the songs to English, but I'm not sure if that's true though ... Mud was actually on stage with E-type at the end of the Tour IV Ever in Linköping - otherwise we don't really see much of him in the media.

2. So far there are no plans as to the next album, but if I'm not mistaken, I guess he is already writing new material - but then again - nothing is for certain about that yet, so let's just see what time brings :)

/// Morten
webmaster
2nd Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 27-01-03 - 11:48 AM
As far as I know about mud ...
Mud is his lawyer ...
he also translate his songs from Swedish to English.

I have seen E-Type in a show here in the netherlands on TV ... and there he was speaking very bad english ... so it looks to me that he needs a lawyer for his translations ...

he even didnt knew the difference between YESTERDAY and TOMORROW ... so ...

SO it is possible that MUD will be the translator of E-Type his songs ...

About new songs or something ...

As fast as an artist feels he wants to write something ... then he wil write something ... it is not a thing that you NEED TO sit down and write something ... that aint working ...

See ya
Arjen
3rd Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 31-01-03 - 01:36 PM
In the other subject Johan Dereborn wrote a reply, and there he mentioned, that E-type has been arranging the studio and is starting to work on new songs in April or so (most probably after the tour, that is). So at least I am keeping up a high hope of a new album, maybe already during 2003.

And to E-type's English... he might have mixed words in the show, I am SURE he knows the difference between yesterday and tomorrow. Every time I have seen his interviews on TV/heard on radio or myself had the chance to speak with him, his English has been good, with a "slight Swedish accent" though, but grammatically and in vocabulary his English is very good. So I don't think he necessarily needs someone to translate for him.

But I have also heard about this, that he would write in Swedish and have mud to help him in translating it. But since I have never heard it from a trustworthy source, I wouldn't state it out as a fact. And that lawyer thing is totally new to me. where did you dig that out from?

So that much for this from me.

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
4th Reply
Andy
Posted 31-01-03 - 03:46 PM
Well, MUD could just be a production team (a group of people). Many E-type songs were produced by Max Martin, Krisin Lundin and other Swedish hit-makers. Maybe they together are MUD.

Britney Spears's "Stronger" and Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" were written by Max Martin, and they sounded so much like an E-Type track. LOVED it.

EuroIVEver Dudes!!!
5th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 03-02-03 - 02:12 PM
I doubt heavily that E-type speaks bad English. For one simple reason. In all my experience I have not met a single Swede younger than 70 who didn't speak pretty good English.
6th Reply
Lena
Banned: 2 time(s)
Banned

Posted 11-02-03 - 02:47 PM
By the way... the word "MUD"... is it in English or in Swedish? Cause it means not the same thing in English like in Swedish :)
7th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 18-02-03 - 12:12 AM
Well, nobody knows it... Then I'm starting to think, that the word "MUD" is Russian word :)

8th Reply
Erika
Posted 18-02-03 - 12:51 AM
Does anybody think that E-type speaks English that badly? It seems to me that all the people in Sweden speak English (and I think German) pretty well.So, does E-type.
9th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 18-02-03 - 01:03 PM
E-type speaks English very well ... I have spoken with him on several occasions and his English is great!!

But even though a person is good at "spoken English" this person can have a problem when it comes to the written part, and that might be the case with E-type & Mud here ... E-type might be good at speaking English, but he probably needs Mud to help him out a bit in this case.

I'm not sure, but that's the theory I have come up with - but I won't say anything for sure about it until I know :)

/// Morten
webmaster
10th Reply
Andy
Posted 18-02-03 - 08:14 PM
Oh Man. I can NOT Believe that you guys are even discussing the whole "E-Type's English" thing.
WHO CARES. E-Type is a Euro artist, so even if he does have an accent, there is nothing wrong with that. His music ROCKS.

If E-Type's English bothers you so much, maybe you should NOT be listening to Euro music at all, and just start listining to American music or wahtever.

I've heard a lot of American Hip-Hop music (Eminem, Nelly, Ja Rule), and I will say this: E-Type can speak BETTER English than any of these American artists. Oh, Yeah, and E-Type's music is a MILLION TRILLION times better.

Ace of Base singers also have Swedish accent. so Who Cares???!!!! Their music and songs are still GREAAAAAAT!

May Euro Live IVEver
11th Reply
mondano
Posted 19-02-03 - 00:20 AM
First of all when Martin came to Toronoto, Canada to do a live performance he was very talkative to the crowd. In my opinion his English was very good.

Also does anyone know if E-Type have ever thought of makeing any music in Swedish. I love music in other languages (especially German), and in Canada alot of Italian music is popular.
12th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 21-02-03 - 00:59 AM
Hey everyone,
Just read the messages....And I just wanted to say that when I was in Canada and saw E-Type perform he talked to me andthe crowd ad you allwere of course right about his Swedish accent....Which I personally think is very cute....but then again that is just me....
He probably does have someoe ( Mud ) help him on the song lyrics because he may have troule with certain words, which you all have prety well clarified I am just agreeng...
Also, Andy you ae right about the American artists....It is usually like " What did they just say?" and then go and look up the lyrics....That is why I hardly ever listen to the radio over here except in the car going from place to place....
In Gods Name and God Bless,
Heather :)
13th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 26-02-03 - 03:36 PM
To Morten:
you and Martin both are vikings... are you sure, you use English in your conversations?
14th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 26-02-03 - 03:39 PM
Maybe you forgot your native language, I wonder????????
15th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 26-02-03 - 04:01 PM
Sure we are both vikings, but it is still difficult for Danes to understand Swedes and vice versa ... that's why we use English to avoid any confusion in our conversations ... so that's why :)

/// Morten
webmaster
16th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 27-02-03 - 04:03 PM
You can also count my native to vickings ...
due to that Denmark belonged to my native a little bit more then 500 years ago :)

Ow yeah ...
and to come back at MUD ...
E-Type said once in a interview that MUD translate his songs into English ...
So why you are still keep talking about it ...
He said it by hisself!!!

See ya
Arjen
17th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 03-03-03 - 02:32 PM
I meant "scandinavians" under "vikings" :S
18th Reply
Erika
Posted 20-03-03 - 11:59 AM
I'm a bit late as usual but still I cannot understand why E-type needs somebody else's help to translate his songs into English? I think, as he speaks good English, he can write all the lyrics in English, without any translations. Guys, even I can write lyrics in English even though I've forgotten everything and now can hardly say a couple of words. English is so easy to speak and write!
19th Reply
JudyBean
Posted 23-03-03 - 02:24 AM
The rumor I heard was that mud was not his lawyer, he was a friend he met on ICQ, funny enough. What I heard was that the man was from the states and M-U-D are the initials of his name in Swedish. Martin speaks perfect English, he just has an accent.
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page