Interactive  [Message Board]
Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Dee
ILoveJan
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 07-04-04 - 02:46 PM // Updated 07-04-04 - 02:48 PM
Hello,

I know that this has been discussed before but I wanted to bring it up again (this time without the drama plz).

What happened between E-type and Dee? Why did she leave the band? And one thing.. I saw her Want U to Go video on MTV and fell in love with it. Yet, I wonder were is she now and is there any known way to contact her? I hear that people over Stockholm Records are not willing to discuss about anything related to E-type or Dee. So someone tell me the whole story and I will be grateful! Thanks alot!!
1st Reply
Flasher T
Posted 07-04-04 - 05:05 PM // Updated 07-04-04 - 05:05 PM
Try a Dee fansite. There are plenty around. :)

I assume that Martin decided to change some fundamental things for the new album, like using many different female vocals - the lipsynching trick wouldn't work any more on the tour. Still there is a very warm mention of Dee on the LPSL sleeve, so I don't believe they are mad at each other.

EDIT: Oh yeah, don't forget that Dee wasn't actually on the Metal tour. So it's not that recent a development.
2nd Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 07-04-04 - 05:41 PM
From the beginning please? Lip synching? What? I didnt find any Dee fansites except the one which says it's official, yet none of the links work...
3rd Reply
Phoenix
Posted 07-04-04 - 08:32 PM
Dee’s Official website:
http://www.deesite.cjb.net/
It works! It says that she's in college now.

Lip Synching - it's when one girl opens her mouth as though she's singing, but the voice the audience hears is someone else's entirely.
Sincerely, Olga.
4th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 07-04-04 - 11:50 PM
Mostly, what I ment was tell me the whole story please? Dee lip synched? What else? Was there a fight? What really happened... I really miss her.
5th Reply
Arven
Posted 08-04-04 - 09:18 PM
This voice belongs to Nana Hedin.
What fight do you mean???
6th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 08-04-04 - 10:26 PM
I don't mean any fight. I asked if there was one since Dee is no longer performing with E-type. Besides I don't believe she lip synched because she can sing too. I think she sang a little.
7th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 10-04-04 - 03:13 PM
She can sing, but Nana Hedin is one of the best vocalists in the world, period. On the first three albums and most of E4E, the female vocals are Nana's. In the videos where you see Dee singing, it's just her lips moving. On the tours she probably sang herself and there were some back-vocalists, you can't really do a show with a live band, live male vocals and playback female vocals. On E4E I think other vocalists were used a bit, particularly the mysterious gorgeous blonde in the Africa video :) Dee was part of the E4E tour along with three other girls who did vocals. After that Stockholm Records started marketing Dee as an independent artist, and I assume from that point they decided to not have her so closely tied in to E-type. She wasn't on the Euro Metal Tour in early 2003, and doesn't seem to appear on LPSL, though there is a dedication to her on the sleeve.
8th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 10-04-04 - 03:42 PM
Thanks a bunch from your reply! :) Finally someone who speaks/understands english, lol! So what happened to Dee's career? I wonder why she didn't become successfull. Was she big in Sweden? And is there any place where to buy the single's?
9th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 12-04-04 - 00:43 AM
Hey there

once again ...
Dee will probably back with E-Type
reading the booklet of Loud Pipes ...
guess there aint nothing wrong ...

By the way ... if you want to know things about
Dee... dont yell things ...just contact me!

greetings
A.T.L.
webmaster DEE | The Official Site
10th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 12-04-04 - 11:51 AM
Some things Flasher neglected to mention are the following:

> Dee did join the E-type tours up until Euro Metal Tour and she did pretend to sing, but I doubt there was ever any way the audience could hear her voice, because she never had the black box on her that controls the microphone. If you see the other people on stage they have a black box attached to their pants that controls the microphone and Dee never had one, so she can't be heard at all.

> I doubt there were any other vocalists on E4E other than Nana Hedin and Jeanette Olsson (who co-sang "Life" and "When I Close My Eyes") - there were a Nina Woodford on "Star" but I doubt that's the mysterious blonde from the Africa video.

> During 2001-2002 we did see Helene Genym a lot with E-type - among others on the E4E tour but also at performances on TV - maybe that's the girl you refer to, Flasher?

> When Dee was an independent artist we released 2 singles "All The Way Up" and "Want You To Go" - none of them were that successful - even in Sweden, so maybe that's why Stockholm Records didn't feel like letting her make a whole album and such - of course I don't know why Stockholm Records "dropped" her as an artist.

> I would say there's both advantages and disadvantages of having Dee closely tied to E-type. The advantage is that when E-type goes on tour I know for a fact that many people go to the concert to look at her dance - I bet mostly male people who aren't hardcore E-type fans. The disadvantage - which is a really irritating fact for hardcore fans like us - is that if E-type and Dee are so close in the media, at performances, on sleeves and all that people tend to think of E-type as a band (Martin and Dee = band) and that's not at all true. I have had to tell A LOT of people that E-type is 1 person, period! So even though it has been great to have Dee on stage at performances and such I really think it has been good not to have her on the Euro Metal Tour nor at Melodifestivalen, so people finally can see that E-type isn't a band! I hope some people will agree with me on that.

> If Dee will be back at the summer tour? I don't know but I think she will. It is nice to have her on stage but it was also nice to see how the band performed at the Euro Metal Tour without her. It was an entirely different experience which was also great. But we'll have to wait and see for the tour to begin!

That's it for now :)

/// Morten
webmaster
11th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 12-04-04 - 12:34 AM
Hey A.T.L. thanks for your reply but I haven't yelled at anything. I was simply asking a question. And NetRoam: I strongly disagree, I KNOW she sang.
12th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 12-04-04 - 01:46 PM
ILoveJan: She might have sung, but she was not to be heard! On all those concerts I've been on (which can't be counted on 2 hands) I never heard her actual voice at an E-type concert ... it was always the backup vocalists I could hear meaning:

At 1999 tour: Annie-Kratz Gutå and Martina Edoff

At 2002 tour: Helene Genym, Therese Löf and Ida Engström

At 2003 tour: Therese Löf and Linda Andersson (obvious because Dee wasn't there)

But let us hear other opinions about the matter please!

/// Morten
webmaster
13th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 12-04-04 - 06:19 PM
"If you see the other people on stage they have a black box attached to their pants that controls the microphone and Dee never had one"

True, but then, Dee never really had enough clothes to attach anything to ;)
14th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 12-04-04 - 10:01 PM
Flasher: Very true indeed but that just proves that she wasn't able to get her voice heard because there was no "plug" to the mike! ;)
15th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 12-04-04 - 10:26 PM
Oh haha. So nice of you to mock your favourite band... What a true fanbase....
16th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 12-04-04 - 10:34 PM
Who's mocking? Can't really see anything wrong with what's been said - first of all, E-type is not a band since Dee is not a part of "the band" E-type as many people would think. E-type is a single person (Martin Eriksson) and that's it. Dee is just a dancer which is why her voice is never heard when performing because she's mainly there just to dance. Hope this cleared up a bit :)

/// Morten
webmaster
17th Reply
mondano
Posted 13-04-04 - 00:51 AM
When I saw E-Type preform in Canada Dee was most definatley singing. Martin brought with him his band and Dee on stage, Na Na was not there. Mabey I am wrong but unless Dee was lip singing (which I don't think so) she is an amazing singer. Martin I know for sure sang live. By the way there were no other females on stage with them.
18th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 13-04-04 - 08:13 AM
Not that I question the fact that Dee really can sing - it just doesn't sound right in my ears that she would be the one singing the tunes when E-type went to Canada - of course I wasn't present so I don't know anything about what you experienced there, but to me it sounded like the same kind of performance that Martin gave at Radiogalan 2004 where I was present (March 25th). There he performed with "Life" and "Paradise" and the music was all playback. And even though the voices were playback as well, Martin still sang over the recorded voice so it sounded more live than a playback performance would be. So I don't know if that was how things were but it's my guess it was like that.

Can I ask you if the melodies sounded as if it was live with live drums, bass, guitar and all that or did it sound just like the records?
19th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 13-04-04 - 08:24 PM // Updated 13-04-04 - 08:27 PM
NetRoam: As you're a webmaster of this site I think u shouldn't be so edgy with your opinions. First of all, Dee was a part of his band. And as the rumours go, she probably will be back. And why do u think Angel's Crying was so huge hit?? Of cource because of the music but also because of Dee. She's gorgeous and that affects the sales whether you like it or not.

I really don't understand how u guys give all the respect to e-type when HE is the one who chose that Dee will be lip synching and shaking her ***. Doesn't make u wonder if he was after money in the beginning but then noticed he loves music anyways?
Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page