» Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries
20th Reply
ILoveJan
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 13-04-04 - 11:03 PM // Updated 13-04-04 - 11:06 PM
Again, they used E-type, not Martin Eriksson. Remember "Far away" from Last Man Standing? Martin wasn't on that song. I guess that makes him not a part of the band?! NOT. There goes your theory.

No matter what people say or the record label says E-type is a band as long as Martin isn't singing the songs from the beginning to the end. As long as someone is singing the chorus, E-type remains the status BAND.
21st Reply
Flasher T
Posted 13-04-04 - 11:05 PM
So Nana Hedin writes the music and lyrics now?

E-type is the musician. Martin Eriksson is the guy who wrote Sveakampen and the guy who is a member of Independent MC.

The first three albums, Nana was listed on the sleeve as backing vocals - and she is still listed as backing vocals on Paradise along with Jeanette Olson. Starting from E4E, the tracks that she sang on have a little "feat. Na Na" tacked on. The official full title of Paradise for example is, "E-type featuring Na Na - Paradise".

Thus says Stockholm Records. Stockholm Records have forgotten more about music, bands and artists than you will ever know. Give it a rest already.
22nd Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 13-04-04 - 11:07 PM
Have I said NaNa writes the lyrics? No. I've said she is not a backing vocalist since she sings the main chorus ALONE. I've explained this ten times and you still don't get it. Whatever is the official title of her in E-type I dont care.
23rd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 13-04-04 - 11:10 PM
You may care or not care for anything you like - that's your right. But as far as Stockholm Records, Universal Music, Martin Eriksson, Nana Hedin, Dee, The Frying Demons, the regular posters of etype.dk and every fan with a clue are concerned, E-type and Martin Eriksson are one and the same. There is no such thing as the band E-type.
24th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 13-04-04 - 11:13 PM // Updated 13-04-04 - 11:14 PM
I think you are not entitled [not in place] to speak on behalf so many companies and singular persons as you just did. Again, this only proves how ignorant you are. I'm a huge fan of E-type and I love his voice and his songs but I don't think he is an artist by himself. I probably wouldn't be listening to his music if NaNa or Dee wasnt singing the chorus'.
25th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 13-04-04 - 11:14 PM
She doesn't have a main title in E-type, because there's no such thing as 2 people in E-type. Why do you think we see tons of places - for example in newspapers the following:

Martin "E-type" Eriksson ... no notification of Nana whatsoever. Again I will use my trusty little helper - www.nanahedin.com - and bring you the next piece of evidence!

"NaNa is featuring with E-Type on his upcoming album "Loud Pipes Save Lives" "

There you have both NaNa AND E-type listed saying that it's HIS upcoming album - therefore there can never be anything called "Their" album. Besides - on the tracklist it says "featuring Na Na" on 3 of the songs - Na Na isn't a part of any other songs on the album - Martin really makes great use of Nana on the album if she's a part of the band, huh?

I agree with you though that she is a featured vocalist even though it says "backing vocals" in the sleeves - but that STILL doesn't make her a part of the band because as I said - there are 8 songs on the new album she ISN'T a part of at all - if she was a part of the band, she would undoubtedly have been featured on all those as well, right??
26th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 13-04-04 - 11:16 PM
NetRoam: I'm glad you understand what I'm saying :) What about "Far Away" ? Martin isn't even singing on that song. Does it make him not a part of E-type? NO.
27th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 13-04-04 - 11:21 PM
Another thing I want to clear out ... Dee isn't featured on any E-type song at all - the only song where she has been credited is an unplugged version of This Is The Way from the Do You Always single and that's it! Dee's name is never in the song credits on the albums!

As to Nana - it's true she's been part of many E-type songs during the years but the fact of the matter remains the same - she's not part of any band whether you like it or not. It's true though that most singles that E-type has released has had Nana's mark on them making the songs that extra notch better than with another vocalist, but that's it - still doesn't make her a part of a band.

As to Flasher speaking on behalf of Universal Music, Stockholm Records, Martin Eriksson and so on ... I could do the same thing because they will all back me up - no doubt about that. In fact let me contact them these next couple of days and get an official statement about it, if that will make you see the light? It's an open offer - just give me the word.

Going to bed now - will check the board again tomorrow
28th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 13-04-04 - 11:23 PM // Updated 13-04-04 - 11:25 PM
Sure, you can ask E-type, NaNa and even their record companies what's their opinion but that's just the official one. There are many things official but the coin has two sides. Sometimes the UNofficial side is more real.

Btw, do you have contact address for Dee because I have been trying to get her email addy but I don't know if she even has one.
29th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 13-04-04 - 11:25 PM
Martin may not be singing in "So Far Away" as the song is called, but he's still the one who wrote the song, the lyrics, the melody - in collaboration with Rami and Mud ... and I'm pretty sure he does the male voices in the start of the song and inbetween Nana's singing.

But E-type has with Me No Want Miseria (MIS), So Far Away (LMS) and Borschtjiii (E4E) used the opportunity to experiment with a longer track without any particular lyrics which would show the versatility in his song-writing - that doesn't need to have anything to do with the whole band-talk, we've been through
30th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 13-04-04 - 11:26 PM // Updated 13-04-04 - 11:31 PM
I think it does... A great deal. IMO E-type isn't E-type without NaNa's voice.
31st Reply
Flasher T
Posted 14-04-04 - 01:46 AM
"I think you are not entitled [not in place] to speak on behalf so many companies and singular persons as you just did. Again, this only proves how ignorant you are."

Between me and Morten, we have I think conclusively proved that E-type is a person. Yet you keep persisting that they are a band. Who is ignorant here? And I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone - I am restating something which is painfully obvious.

"There are many things official but the coin has two sides. Sometimes the UNofficial side is more real."

In matters of opinion maybe, but not in matters of fact. E-type is a person, not a band, this is a fact. Officially the Moon is made of rock. Unofficially you may think it is made of green cheese, but that doesn't make your opinion valid in any way.

"I think it does... A great deal. IMO E-type isn't E-type without NaNa's voice."

Oh, I see. So only 3 of the tracks on LPSL are by E-type? Who are the other 8 tracks by? Please answer.
32nd Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 14-04-04 - 10:55 AM
Flasher Please! Read my previous mails and maybe you'll get it this time. You're only making yourself looking like a complete moron. Please lern some english so you can communicate.
33rd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 14-04-04 - 03:35 PM
Just for your information - I know English. I'm an English major at the University of Tartu, I have won several translation competitions by the likes of the British Council, I have written articles for American media, I have worked as a technical writer for an American company. I. Know. English. Better. Than. You.

And since you are the one sticking by your worthless "opinion" in the face of overwhelming proof of the opposite, then you are in fact the moron.
34th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 14-04-04 - 05:33 PM // Updated 14-04-04 - 05:42 PM
Either you're lying or then just stupid. So far you've putten so many words in my mouth claiming I've said NaNa produces and writes the lyrics and twisted my words anyways. You're also asking questions which I've already answered to and giving opinions which I've also already answered to. Once again, read my previous messages... You are just plain ignorant person. Sorry. Doesn't matter how well you're educated, it's about your skills of communicating. And so far you're shown only the LACKing of those skills. My english might not be perfect, but then again, everyone understands what I'm saying. Can't say the same thing about you.

And who are you to say that my opinions are worthless? NOBODY.
35th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 14-04-04 - 10:47 PM
Oh, I think everyone but you understands me just fine. And everybody understands you as well, of course, it's just that everybody is amazed at how you can blatantly state something which is so obviously false. I have put no words in your mouth - all I have done is tried to show you why you are wrong. But of course when someone refuses to admit they are mistaken about something so clear, then they will never listen to reason.

Your opinion is that E-type is a band. The opinion of everybody connected with Martin or Nana or the label is that E-type is a single artist. I think it is very clear in this case that your opinion is worthless.
36th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 15-04-04 - 00:17 AM // Updated 15-04-04 - 00:36 AM
You know what.. I actually replied to your message but I decided to edit it. As the board rules go: "Arguements leading to use of foul language will be awarded with a warning - if it continues a 1-week ban from the board will be the result of that." And I don't want to get banned just because of very ignorant & extremely rude person like you. That's all I'm going to say. I hope I won't have to communicate with you ever again. I also hope someday you'll realize what a fool you are. Go on and reply, I will not get back at you. I'm better than that. I'm walking away from this thread and leave you bytching here - alone.
37th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 15-04-04 - 08:24 AM
*rolls eyes* Good riddance.
38th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 15-04-04 - 09:02 AM
Stop replying to me. I know u wanna fight and get me banned but lemme tell you something; ain't gonna happen MR. TROLL. GOODBYE TO THIS THREAD.
39th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 15-04-04 - 09:55 AM
Just a little recollection of the thread as to questions that hasn't been answered yet even though the 34th reply states that most questions have already been answered. It would just be nice to have a reply or comments to the following:

4th reply - I didn't get a reply as to the question about DJ BoBo!

9th reply - I didn't get a reply to the question about other people on E-type's album or single sleeves!

10th reply - E-type does make all his music by himself. He gets help from Fredrik "Mud" Ekdahl with lyrics, but he writes all the music himself. Sure he has producers to help produce the tracks in the end, but that still make it his music.
Another reason why E-type is a solo-artist. He was interviewed by Danish TV back in 1998 (alone since he is a solo artist) and there he also spoke about E-type as himself and none other. Please read it here: http://www.etype.dk/view.asp?page=interview&id=1

19th reply - There was no reply to the question about the list of songs I listed where I asked if it was the work of "the band" E-type. There I again stated the fact about DJ BoBo with no reply - and also a link to Nana Hedin's official website with a text about E-type. Only reply was "again they use E-type, not Martin Eriksson" which is obvious as people know him as E-type and not as Martin Eriksson.

30th reply - It might very well be that you think E-type isn't E-type without NaNa's voice - that's an "opinion". Facts remain that E-type is a solo artist because he's the only song-writer in this. He writes the songs, the lyrics and performs the songs with the help of various vocalists. Same thing goes for DJ BoBo again.

32nd reply - Please read my reply in the "Dee" thread for more info on that one (the "not understanding English" matter)!

34th reply - I have hereby tried to do the opposite - make you see there are replies I haven't received an answer to yet, and I hope I will receive an answer to them.

Other than that I can safely say that this discussion has gone so far out in the curves that it's time to put an end to it - think about it - be open to the inputs given and hopefully find something to agree on. I have no intention of banning anyone - it's been a very rough discussion but I hope things will work out anyway. You can say that this discussion in a way is something that makes the message board interesting to read. But I just want to add the little fact that does it go so far as to flaming and such - I will probably lock the thread for new replies. Again - there will be no bans - not unless I've been really provoked to do it.

Take care people!

/// Morten
webmaster
Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page