» Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries
40th Reply
ILoveJan
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 15-04-04 - 10:10 AM
I understand what you're saying and I am glad you're objective but this conversation isn't going anywhere. You're the only person here trying to keep it mellow and about e-type. But Flasher has gone to insults and bragging and I have to admit, so have I. I think it's best for both of us if we stop this discussion and move on to another one. You asked me many questions but you have to realize that answer to those would be my honest opinion and you'd disagree, which again, takes us nowhere. It's a question of opinions and even thought Flash can't accept that, you cannot argue about taste matters.
41st Reply
Bassman
Posted 15-04-04 - 11:42 PM
Heeeyyy...!

Now I've got to put my foot DOWN! This "I love Jan" character just spreads TOO much B*llsh*t around this place!

Martin = E-type. Period.

All the rest of us who works with him are freelancers, including the producers, Nana, and Mud.
Compare this to Dr Alban, who used the same type of songwriting (female vocals in the chorus), and Nana Hedin as well. Nobody ever called him a Band.

End of discussion.

BUT the thing that REALLY p*sses me off is when this self-named "expert" spreads his home-brewed knowledge, telling everybody that Martin doesn't write his own material!
Do your homework before you open your mouth, especially in this environment where people know the most in this topic!

Yours truly

/Johan Dereborn
42nd Reply
mondano
Posted 16-04-04 - 00:12 AM
I totally agree with ILoveJan on this one E-Type is a band. The reason is because with Martin alone E-Type is nothing. Martin is the lead singer, as well as the producer, but he still needs his "band" to play all the instruments while preforming. How do you expect him to play guitar, dance, sing, and play the synthesiszer all at once. If it makes it easier to understand call E-Type a group. There are many different roles in a group that lie ouside of just being the lead singer.

Think of Aqua. Were Lene and Rene considered the only two in the group because they were the only ones singing, no. Soren and Clause were also part of the group even though they barely sang.

Sash! is a very different case. He is a solo artist. When he came to Canada he was all alone on stage playing adelenate. Almost every song he dose features another artist and he clearly points that out. He writes, produces, plays even sings (sometimes) his own music. He dosen't have anyone else playing instruments for him, he does it all himself. The beauty of Sash! is that he always features different people as the lead singer, which makes him so unique and awsome.
43rd Reply
Andy
Posted 16-04-04 - 02:28 AM // Updated 16-04-04 - 02:36 AM
Bobo is not a Band,
He is Not a solo performer either (at least back when he rapped with a Female vocalist, now he sings by himself more).

Bobo is a PROJECT of Axel Breitung (the man who composes Bobo's songs, and who was a member of an 80's Synth Italo band Silent Circle).

Now I think E-Type is also a Project of Martin Eriksson. That's what I think. BUt unlike Bobo, the singer in E-Type seems to write music as well as sing. But you can not deny the Importance of Female Diva-like Vocals in his music. So you can not call him a Solo performer.
44th Reply
Lost
Posted 16-04-04 - 05:11 AM
WHO IS THE COP?

E-Type is a band. Period!
The band members are: Bo, Martin, Erik and Eriksson! All 4 of them... and here is a joke to prove it:

---> A cop (= stupid, idiot) is knocking on Jean-Claude Van Damme ‘s front doors yelling:
‘Police! Open up! Identify yourself!!!’
Jean-Claude: ‘Jean Claude Van Damme.’
Cop: ‘OK. Put your hands up in the air so that I can see them and get out ALL 4 OF YOU!’

See? Period!
So, who is the cop on this board?

P.S. NetRoam, don’t lock the thread... U see, few more messages and we’ll finaly realize the absolute truth --- that Dee IS E-Type (band) and that Martin Eriksson is just lip synching belly dancer.
45th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 16-04-04 - 09:01 AM
This thread has gone way out of proportion - especially with this final reply from "Lost" because that absolutely makes no sense at all!

I really think you should listen to what Johan Dereborn (Bassman) tells you, because he KNOWS what he's talking about. He's been a part of E-type's LIVE band for years now!

As to mondano's and Andy's remarks about E-type not being a solo performer! You're right - but there's a MAJOR difference between the artist that releases the albums and singles and the artist performing the songs on stage. DJ BoBo for example has his music on tape so he can have a bunch of dancers, backup singers and himself in the front instead of having a big band behind him playing - that's his way of performing. But I have A LOT more respect to the way E-type performs, because he doesn't let a tape play his songs so he can sing to that. Instead he really manages to put out his great dance-songs into a great LIVE feeling with real drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and such making the songs sound great LIVE and not like the albums. THAT'S the difference and that's why E-type (Martin Eriksson) needs his LIVE band who - as Bassman correctly states - all are freelancers who are only there when E-type is on tour.

/// Morten
webmaster

PS. As to the reply by Lost - I am the cop on this board and more remarks like that and I will seriously consider locking this thread
46th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 16-04-04 - 12:19 AM // Updated 16-04-04 - 01:10 PM
I told you NetRoam..

BASSMAN: I've emailed your comments to E-type himself and I truly hope he gets back at you. Because I happen to be his huge fan, just stating MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and not saying "THESE ARE THE FACTS", but "I think..". And that is NOT a crime to tell ppl what I think. I still do think E-type is not a artist on his own because of NaNa. And that is my opinion and I have the right to have it. However your low comments and calling me names just proved how LOW people can go. You didn't even read all my messages. I haven't said e-type doesn't write his own lyrics, I said he doesn't write ALL OF THEM.

It's plain sad and at the moment I am in shock how an professional musician could ever use that language and JUMP ON E-type's fan like that. JUST PLAIN SAD.
47th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 16-04-04 - 02:19 PM
Just for the record - he does write all the songs - many of them though in collaboration with Fredrik "Mud" Ekdahl, but all his music / songs is written by himself. That's just how it is!

Which e-mail did you use to mail E-type himself since you said you just did that? I doubt you have his personal e-mail address but well - who knows. Just wanted to know!

But this time I finally saw something that enlightened me - which is the fact that I could finally see in your message that you're talking about your own opinion and not facts - all the other messages were a quarrel whether or not E-type is a band or not - not stating anything about opinions vs. facts - to me it was facts vs. facts for the whole discussion.

Of course it's alright to have own opinions about some matters - but in this case I think it's a pretty vulnerable subject because discussions like that make people sooooo confused about E-type being a solo artist or a band whereas facts remain that he's a solo artist. I've always wanted fans to know E-type as a solo artist and I've told a lot of people - also many in Denmark - that E-type is a solo artist, so I'd hate it if new or current fans suddenly get all confused by reading this thread.

Anyway, I hope you understand what I mean by this.

Take care

/// Morten
webmaster
48th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 16-04-04 - 02:29 PM // Updated 16-04-04 - 03:12 PM
This is a quote from the 1st page of this topic:
"And btw, by calling me a troll you just prove how ignorant you are. I'm just statin my opinion." (Written by me)

It amazes me how NetRoam is the only person who doesn't insult anyone :) I haven't said "THIS IS A FACT" in any message and I thought it was clear to everyone that I'm not saying that "I know better". I was just giving arguments on what I think the deal is. WHAT I THINK. And btw many reporters who make interviews with him or make reviews of his records call E-type a band. Perhaps you should clear that up officially somewhere??

And u asked about the email address, no I don't have his direct email. I use contacts through his official site. He hasn't replied to me, yet, but they told me my message has been delivered. I'm pretty sure Mr. E-type is more objective than most of you here and he understands that this is a taste and opinion matter, not a question of facts. Somebody thinks he is an artist by himself (I personally think he is songwriter and producer) and some think he is in a band. Only difference between those two opinions is that those who thinks that E-type is a band get hated on but those who go with the official opinion don't.

I am huge E-type fan and I have almost every album he has made. His Last Man Standing album has helped me a great deal to survive when I was going through a rough time. Why am I telling you this? Because I don't think I deserve to get hated on so much. I am simply telling my personal opinion which doesn't make me any different or smaller E-type fan than any of you.

While I'm trying to move on from this thread and tell you guys that it's no use arguing about opinions and taste matters you keep on hating and bashing. I'm sure E-type doesn't want his fans to argue so can't we just MOVE ALONG?!
49th Reply
Lost
Posted 17-04-04 - 06:08 AM
NetRoam, I’m disappointed... I simply can’t belive that u didn’t understand that it was I-R-O-N-Y all the way.

Of course I know that E-Type is Martin Eriksson’s artistic name. He could call himself whatever he wanted instead of E-Type, but he would still be Martin Eriksson.

I wanted to show how people can “prove” every nonsense they want (like E-Type is a band) just by twisting things... So, I was twisting facts into nonsens. (Jean Claude Van Damme is 1 person, not 4 persons like a cop from the joke thought he was. The same way, Bo Martin Erik Eriksson is a solo artist – E-Type.) My point was that if we continue to twist facts so badly, one day someone is going to claim that “Martin E-Type Eriksson is belly dancer.”

I didn’t want to call anyone names, I didn’ want to argue – so, I used irony to tell what I had on my mind.

OK?

I still can’t belive that I’m explaining myself, I thought it was obvious... Please, read it again, but in different way now u know it was irony, and if u have more questions about it – I’ll be glad to explain.
But, if u still think that I should’t be on this board any longer – u tell me and I will respect that.

Btw, someone has mentioned Eminem – Well, his new video for “My band”, beside it is a good joke, its also highly ironic. Irony is very powerful way to expres your opinion...
50th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 17-04-04 - 09:22 AM
Yeah the person knows its only E-Type :P

"I am huge fan and I have almost every album he has made."

WOW PARTY :D
51st Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 17-04-04 - 10:22 AM
Well.. I don't have money that much so I can't buy every single album from him... *rolling eyes*
52nd Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 17-04-04 - 02:24 PM
ILoveJan: Well, I know better than to go an make insults to the fans using the board - it would be low of the webmaster of the site to go and make insults to people - that will only lead to fans leaving the site instead of attracting them to the site - so I try to keep an objective mind to it all and try not to get carried away by the discussions. But I'm glad to hear that things are sorted out about it all.
I have tried though to make official statements about E-type being a solo artist but some people just still think he's a band and unfortunately there's not much to do about that. I will keep making these statements whenever I hear people that don't know any better - but I hope that people sooner or later will consider E-type a solo artist - only time will tell!

Lost: I'm sorry I wrote the way that I did as to your reply. At the time I read the reply I wasn't feeling in the best mood, and I couldn't see the irony in it at all even though you made the joke about Jean Claude Van Damme - just the remarks about E-type is a band period made me a little upset, and I'm sorry about my behaviour there. I just wasn't in the right kind of mood to see the irony and the nonsense you twisted the things into.

I hope that you can accept my apology - I don't wish to scare any users away from the site, so that's just what I wanted to say!

Take care

/// Morten
webmaster
53rd Reply
Phoenix
Posted 18-04-04 - 08:06 AM
Whoosh, read it all, took quite some time, since I was laughing every 2 minutes. Sorry, it's just that such discussions always amuse me. As Flasher pointed out, it's the same as arguing about the moon. The rules and the facts don’t exist for such ppl as IloveJan, because he seems to be one of those individuals who post messages just for the sake of arguing and immensely enjoy this process.

Flasher wrote: "Oh, I see. So only 3 of the tracks on LPSL are by E-type? Who are the other 8 tracks by? Please answer. "
------- Flasher, I think the other tracks are written and performed by a man from another world! LOL

IloveJan wrote: "And btw, by calling me a troll you just prove how ignorant you are. "
------- And by the way, Trolls can be really nice creatures and have some level of intelligence, at least they don't deny plain facts. So I think Flasher was just flattering you.

Lost wrote: "U see, few more messages and we’ll finally realize the absolute truth --- that Dee is E-Type (band) and that Martin Eriksson is just lip synching belly dancer."
--- LOL, two thumbs up, Lost. I'm crying.

ILoveJan wrote: "BASSMAN: I've emailed your comments to E-type himself and I truly hope he gets back at you."
------- Oh, thunder and lightning, Johan should be scared now, LOL

ILoveJan wrote: "However your low comments and calling me names just proved how LOW people can go. "
------- My dear, what goes around - comes around. You were the one who started putting "ignorant" labels on everyone.

Netroam wrote: "so I'd hate it if new or current fans suddenly get all confused by reading this thread."
------- I agree, even though he says in the end that it's his own opinion, all previous messages stated otherwise. Readers get a sense that it's facts vs. facts discussion.

ILoveJan wrote: "Because I don't think I deserve to get hated on so much. "
------- Nobody hates you, hate is too strong a word to be used lightly.

BTW, just curious, is your real name Jan, by any chance?

o--(======> Olga <-------<<<
54th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 18-04-04 - 03:37 PM // Updated 18-04-04 - 03:41 PM
Isn't it funny that while I try to tell everyone that this is a question of OPINIONS and move on, some of you can't let go. I think it's YOU who posts messages just to argue. *rolling eyes* What an....
55th Reply
mondano
Posted 19-04-04 - 01:48 AM
Ha ha ha! Man what a stupid conversation this all was. (And yes I know I added my own view) The fact is it dosen't matter if we consider E-Type a solo artist or a group.

Bassman: I just have one last comment to make and I am done. If I consider E-Type a solo artist and not a group than in my view I would be ignoring your contribution as well as everyone else who contributed to playing the music and singing on the albums. By thinking of you as a group then, to me, I am realizing that many people made this music possible not just Martin.

Anyways take that last comment as you wish it's only my view.

THE FACT IS E-TYPE'S MUSIC ROCKS AND WE HOPE THERE WILL BE MANY MORE TO COME!!
56th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 19-04-04 - 02:28 AM
Amen :)
57th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 19-04-04 - 12:17 AM
why would it be written E-type FEAT. NA NA, if NaNa was a permanent member of the band?????

as I understand, they use "feat." only if there is another artist included in the song.

What's the point of argue, anyway? if the recordcompany and the artist himself see E-type as a soloartist, then he must be one. he is a solo-artist, who performs with a band, but the name E-type describes only E-type, who is also known as Martin Eriksson.

it's not such a big deal, anyway, is it?

///Myra
reporter & assistant
58th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 19-04-04 - 01:50 PM
LOL, we're already trying to move on darling :)
59th Reply
Stingbat
Co-webmaster
Administrator

Posted 26-04-04 - 06:51 PM
mondano:
"The reason is because with Martin alone is nothing ...."
Perhaps, but what about all other solo artists? Britney Spears, Eminem, Stacie Orrico, Kate Ryan, Celine Dion, even Elvis, just to name a few - are they all a band? Or do they just let others do the "works" like playing the instruments, control the sound and light on stage, the writing - you name it...

ILoveJan:
When looking into post 24th, you write "...huge fan of E-type and I love his voice..."... You know the facts, but you didn't state it to start with, whither you are talking about the facts or personal opinions. That's a big difference. That is such things, and leads to some heavy discussions (with flaming, like we want to avoid).

Phoenix:
It took me some time as well, since I haven't read this thread before now :-s But I got a laugh myself. I fully agree with your points.

Anyway... just to conclude - E-type is one person, Bo Martin Erik Eriksson. Take it or leave it - it's the facts.
If people have other opinions, it's fine - but please remember to keep it as an opinion (if, please state it!), and not to make everybody else confused or even find it outrage that one person say such.

/// Stingbat
Cop 2 / co-wm
Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page