Message Board
  » Board rules
  » Enter board

Guestbook
  » View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  The reason for the ban!
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 26-02-02 - 07:35 PM // Updated 26-02-02 - 07:37 PM
Well ... first of all I'd like to say that the whole banning-procedure has been discussed by the people of the crew - so it's not just my decision but also the others!

And to the banned one:

Well, well ... you are unhappy with the fact we banned you because you "just put a link to the cover online" - well, guess what! There's more to it than just that! Want the list?

1) First message of the "release-date is known" thread - it says release date is set - that is also known as putting news online and what did I tell you about news? They are to be written in an e-mail so we can put them online instead of reading about it on the board (it can be discussed however AFTER being put online). But you just don't seem to want to mail us about that because you want the credit to yourself.

2) You have violated the rules of the board many times - some of these for writing messages in the wrong forum - sometimes that can happen, but the fact that you did it intentionally, makes it a violation of the rules! Examples of these are message-subjects like "Naaaah" and "Language boards..." which doesn't belong in the E-type related board!

3) Also ... wise-ass behaviour is something we don't tolerate either - with this I mean that the message-subject "Very busy huh?" in the DANISH part of the board is something that makes us even more certain about this ban! Being so provocative towards the crew is something we despise!

4) There has already been a ban-warning some time ago which was supposed to make you think more of what you write before posting, but it seems like you never took it quite seriously. What about now?

To everyone else I'd like to say that I'm sorry things had to go this way. I am though by far the only person who makes the decisions here - I know, I am the webmaster, so of course the superior responsibility is mine, but still ... it's the work of the entire crew including me!

Personally I think we have allowed a lot to happen here, and we're not at all strict or reserved people, as we may seem sometimes. Friends of ours can tell you otherwise.

I do hope though that we aren't about to face a blizzard of negative remarks, comments and such because we had to do what we did. It really takes a lot before we could do something like this, so I hope that some do understand why it had to be this way! This is supposed to be a friendly E-type message board and all we do is argue! Though I'm not saying that it's good that A.T.L. has been banned, but something had to be done in order to him understand that we're serious about our rules on this board!

So please don't make a big fuzz out of this - you are allowed though to write your comments here, but I'm just not in the mood for an arguement :)

/// NetRoam
webmaster
1st Reply
Forestgod
Posted 26-02-02 - 11:53 PM // Updated 26-02-02 - 11:54 PM
Greetings forestpeople and site admins,

lately the trees has told me about an elf getting banned on this board. though my total amount of posts here is quite small, i've still followed the board from time to time, thus...having an opinion.

the little elf, which i'll refer to as "Earwax" from now on, obviously is a pain in most peoples wicked buttcracks. Mr. Wax finds it unfair to get banned here cause of a certain "news" post he thinks caused the ban. in my opinion thats not the important issue.

the important issue would be his constant annoying behaviour and childish arrogance and temper. thus....netroams reason 2 & 3 should be more than enough to uphold the ban decision.

luckily the problems at this board is nothing compared to tons of other band boards online, who have more troublemakers. i wouldnt even call this situation for "serious", but only conclude that Earwax finally crossed the line - pushing away the final drop of patience from the admins.

this is still a friendly fores...um...etype board and i see no reason at all why it should be blown out of proportion and why this event should be discussed so much with line-after-line of morally correct sentences. its quite simple actually....Mr. Wax crossed the line and now he's nomore. period.

so keep on boarding, stay green, be branchy, smell the grass, climb some trees and watch out for the 3-headed monkey swinging from tree to tree.
2nd Reply
deacon
Posted 27-02-02 - 02:42 AM
Well,why dont you ban the forrestgod too .Hes just talkin alot of crap.
I just don't understand what was wrong with the picture of the cover,just thought that was the meaning with a forum
3rd Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 27-02-02 - 10:59 PM
Well, deacon ... seems like you didn't quite understand it!

It's ok with the picture of the cover ... but there were a lot more to the ban than just that, so please read it all before claiming that anyone should be banned for talking in a bad way.

This really shouldn't become a message board where people want others banned for nothing at all. In this case though, it was a joint decision by the crew and - as you may understand - this didn't come all by itself - there has been problems before! The crew can confirm that!

Anyway, that's it for now!

/// NetRoam
webmaster
4th Reply
Stingbat
Co-webmaster
Administrator

Posted 27-02-02 - 11:43 PM
Just wanted to say, that everything NetRoam tells, is in my opinion too... And there's more reasons than JUST the picture - so please don't take any quick thoughts about this, okie?! :)

Hope you'll understand why we have done this.

/// Stingbat
Co-webmaster & Site-programmer
Back to entries

Go to top of page