Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Little bit sad ...
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 30-03-02 - 07:47 AM
Hello there ...

I guess the start of the AFRICA single is not super good in my eyes!!! LIFE entered the sale-chart at #1 ... but AFRICA enters it on #19 ...

Will AFRICA be a number 1 hit?! (not airplay or video ... but sale!!!)

I guess it will ... what do you think?!

see ya!
Arjen
1st Reply
Erika
Posted 30-03-02 - 10:02 AM
Hi!!!
Hope it will 'cause it's a great song!
2nd Reply
Chrissan
Posted 30-03-02 - 12:31 AM
Hi.

Some says it isn't that good as Life was. But since it's on first place in Swedish Voxpop (read latest news) and seventh place Swedish Dance Chart, I think it could be - and will - be better results for Africa.

Just wait a few weeks and Africa will be played in almost every radiochannel and on the top of every chart!
Well, just hope =)

Regards,
///Chrissan
Swedish assistant and translator
3rd Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 30-03-02 - 02:43 PM
guess still that it is sad ...
LIFE enters #1 ...
AFRICA enters #19 ...
the jump from 19 till 1 ... I guess it will not reach it within 1 week ...
Entering DANCE CHARTS or something like VOXPOP is not good enough to see how popular a record is ... okej ... VOXPOP is then quite good for it (I have to admid that!) ... but a SALE CHART says more! cause there you see the results of how many people are buying the song!

I am still not positive about the #1 position!!!
I am sure it will reach the top 10 in Sweden ...
and I hope number 1 as I said ... and that's also very good possible ... but ... there are more good songs!!!

don't forget those:
SARAH CONNOR -- FROM SARAH WITH LOVE
(jumps 20 places)
KENT -- DOM ANDRA (enters at #1!)
BRITNEY SPEARS -- NOT A GIRL ... ... (enters at #9)

those are for sure quite a bit the "we keep E-TYPE away from #1"-songs

but I will keep on having positive thoughts ...
(that it would be a bigger hit down here... hehehehe!)

we'll see ... we'll see!!!

But what would E-TYPE be without a song which is not in the TOP 10 of the charts?! So ...

anyway ... we'll see!!!

see ya!
Arjen
4th Reply
Chrissan
Posted 31-03-02 - 12:00 AM
Did you know that Kent is from my hometown? Good to know ;)

Well.... Britney can't sing and doesn't write her own songs so she isn't a real artists.... Unfortunally she's popular as hell so she will be a tough apponent for E-type but E-type has got her before ;)

I just think we only can hope more people will by the single. Also, let's hope they know that it's a new version for the single! That's the special whit this single.
Well, keep on buying the reecords and he will be top 5 sooner than we think.....

Regards,
///Chrissan
Swedish assistant and translator
5th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 31-03-02 - 01:53 PM
Maybe I sound much to negative ...

but we all know that almost all songs of E-TYPE has reached the highest positions in the sale-charts ... so it can not be different with AFRICA ...

I guess only ES IST NIE VORBEI didn't reached the TOP 10 of the charts ... and the singles before 1994 ...
or am I wrong now?!

See ya!
Arjen
6th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 31-03-02 - 03:12 PM
Well...

I don't think you really can expect for every E-type single to hit #1 immediately.. ;) as we know they eventually will do it anyway.. hah hah!

the song is awesome, so there's no reason to believe it wouldn't rise from 19. Besides.. isn't that Sarah Connor song quite old by now?? I don't think there's that big a threat of it. And the Britney Spears song is soooooo bad! sorry if you like it, but it sounds like the writer would have forced it out.. not as good as the songs that are made with feeling. I don't think it will be on the list for too long. the biggest BS fans buy it, I don't think it will sell more than that.

but for Africa... it has potential. And I hope I don't say this only because of being an E-type fan... ;)

anyway.. I have to go and seek for some easter eggs and stuff... easier said than done - in a muslim country... :P

Happy easter to all of you, anyway.

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
7th Reply
Phoenix
Posted 31-03-02 - 07:26 PM
Concerning Britney Spears I completely agree with Chrissan and Myra.
Happy Easter Myra and everybody.
8th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 31-03-02 - 11:27 PM
Sarah Connor:
In the 2nd week in the Sale chart ... shes going up 20 places ... SO IS THE SONG OLD?!

Britney Spears:
I am also still wondering why she is releasing songs ... most people are getting irritated of her!
But this song is quite good ... it has got a very very high hit potention ...

E-Type:
I saw that the album EURO IV EVER is allready gone in the album list!!! That is also very sad!!
It didn't reached the top of the album chart!!!
Maybe AFRICA will get it back in it ...
we'll see

see ya
Arjen
9th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 01-04-02 - 10:36 AM // Updated 01-04-02 - 10:43 AM
hmmmm...

How come I remember the song of Sarah Connor, if it's only a few weeks old?? I've been in Turkey for a month now, and I can assure you, that there's no way I could have heard it here... Checking the releasedate.. it was 18th of February. Over a month ago.

and about the hitpotential of BS... IF that song would hit the charts heavily, that is because of her NAME not because of the song. That is a kind of a song that (most) people don't really want to hear again. I honestly think it was released as a single only to promote her movie (the song is from the movie "Crossroads" -Starring Britney Spears, if someone didn't know). Of course people can have opinions, and the Dutch taste of music seems to differ from mine, so... don't know. But I don't see any REAL hitpotential in it...

Anyway, for E-type, it's been quite a few months from the release of EuroIVEver, so I think it's quite natural that it has left the sales charts... (still #6 on CDON Finland, though)

You do know that you can't just stare at the charts all the time..?? Why wouldn't you just let yourself enjoy the music for some time?

And if Sarah Connor starts to rise the chart over a month after the single release, then I don't think there's no need to worry about Africa :)
(and even if there would be a reason to worry for Africa, is it the fans that have to worry or the recordcompanies?? how have they done the promotion...??)

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
10th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 01-04-02 - 07:54 PM
Myra:
I am almost the whole day busy with music ...
so I am staring at charts and finding out what the newest hits can/would be ...

and SARAH CONNOR maybe may have a release date of somewhere in February ... but here it took more then 6 weeks to get her in the TOP 10 ... so ...
guess SARAH is also in Sweden "dangerous" for our Martin!

Britney:
You say your oppinion about it ...
Maybe lot of kids/people say different things!
And I am not sure (couldn't find it) but I guess the song is written by MAX MARTIN ... or CHRISTIAN LUNDIN ... or someone else who was part of CHEIRON it sounds like that in my ears

About AFRICA:
The WHY that E-TYPE + max created a different AFRICA version was really because of that they wanna let the LIFE sound go on ... so ...
it is (by music) a bit a sequal on LIFE ...

but as I said ...
we will see if it will reach #1 ...
still a long way to go ...
but if it will not reach the #1 position within 4 weeks ... (4 weeks from now on ...)
then I guess it will not reach it at all

see ya
Arjen
11th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 02-04-02 - 10:01 AM // Updated 02-04-02 - 01:05 PM
why why...

if it took Sarah Connor 6 weeks to hit top 10, then why are you so worried about E-type?? it's been only 2 weeks now.

The thing about Africa... is that a FACT or is that something you think? If it is a fact, let me know your sources.

and to Britney... I'm sure all the fans will buy it, as I said. But I still don't think she'll get new fans/recordbuyers because of that. Even if it would be written by someone from former Cheiron, it still doesn't guarantee it will do fine. Or if you think that's a guarantee, then there should be no worry about Africa, right?

What I would want you to understand, is that I just don't care wich songs hit the chart and which songs don't. Of course I would hope E-type would do well, but my life continues even if he wouldn't. I know which songs I like and which I don't without reading it from charts.

And even if you would stare at the charts 24/7, you still can't tell the future. There are so many things affecting the sales, that it is impossible to say about next week.

and ATL... you DO know that as you get older... you will have to get a life someday??

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
12th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 02-04-02 - 12:12 AM
... just a little side-remark:

Britney's "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman" is written by Max Martin and Dido ... I heard that as I watched the making of the video for the song!

That's it!

/// NetRoam
webmaster
13th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 02-04-02 - 05:58 PM
Yep ... I allready thought that NetRoam ...
Guess it ain't sad ... cause the song sounds not bad at all ... there is much worse music then that song!

See ya
Arjen
Back to entries

Go to top of page