Message Board
  » Board rules
  » Enter board

Guestbook
  » View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  E-Type Invades Canada!!!
mondano
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 23-04-02 - 07:43 AM
E-Type has finally become quite populare in Canada recently. Life has been playing on the radio here alot. Yesterday I turned on the radio and Life was playing and then they played it two more times durning the day. I knew E-Type could become famopus here if it wasn't for crapy Stockholm records not releasing his stuff. Anyways I am glad for E-Type and hopefully he will make a good impression on the charts as well.
1st Reply
Erika
Posted 26-04-02 - 01:57 PM
I unfortunately can't say the same about Russia.Here the situation is terrible! :-(
2nd Reply
moonkittie
Posted 05-05-02 - 08:34 AM
Woo-hoo! Canada rules! lol.. well, ok, so I'm not from Canada..but if E-Type can become at least a *little* popular in Canada it gives me hope for the States! :) Cait
3rd Reply
mondano
Posted 06-05-02 - 05:49 AM
E-Type has entered the top 40 chart in Toronto! First Life entered at number 35 last week. This week E-Type is up to numbver 41! I have a couple comments made by the DJ ON 103.5FM in Toronto! "E-type. Where did this group come from they just came out of nowhere" "E-Type is the most requested song of the week and the people of Toronto just love this group." "E-Type is my favorite group on the countdown today." All comments made by Matt "The Hammer" Reggit at z1035.
4th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 06-05-02 - 08:22 AM
hehe ... "they"? "group"? Well, I guess it's just logical for people to believe that E-type is a group because in every video he has Dee pretend she's singing and thereby pretend she's a part of the group :) Could you do us a favour and tell them E-type is a solo-artist? :) But other than that I think it's great that E-type is beginning to show himself in Canada ... it's really something which will increase his popularity - unfortunately I'm not sure he knows it himself, but it's a start :) Please let us know more about the situation over there :) /// NetRoam webmaster
5th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 06-05-02 - 02:21 PM
Still nothing is happening here :'( Still it is quiet around E-TYPE here ... still ... sssssssssssssssst ... see ya Arjen
6th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 06-05-02 - 04:21 PM
Everyone I talk to for the first time think E-type is a band... hmm. At the same time nobody has ever heard of The Frying Demons either.
7th Reply
Erika
Posted 07-05-02 - 05:51 AM
Ha-ha!!! D'you know that in Russia nearly everybody thinks that E-type is a group and I'm tired out to tell everyone that he/she is wrong? But still I don't understand why they think so.
8th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 07-05-02 - 07:59 AM
Because a lot of people have heard about E-type, but nobody has a clue as to who Martin Eriksson is.
9th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 07-05-02 - 09:04 AM
I think that the reason people automatically think E-type is a group, is that there are nearly always also other voices singing - practically he is not singing solo. think - how many solo-artists do you know, that have another person to sing the choruses for example?? At this very moment I am not able to think of any. but... E-type is E-type, he is unique ;) I don't care if people think of him as a group, as long as people know about him! with sunny greetings, ///Myra Reporter & Assistant
10th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 07-05-02 - 04:37 PM
Well, I can name Richi M who - when his songs have lyrics and vocals - uses female vocalists to sing those parts ... and the most obvious example is, of course, DJ BoBo who - as a reference back to Euro-music - uses female vocalists for most of his songs One more example could also be the German DJs @ Work ... 3 male DJs, who use a female vocalist to sing their lyrics on their album - for example on their hit-singles called Someday and Time 2 Wonder but also on many other tracks on the album! Anyway, it isn't really the point :) I just wanted to mention some of the artists I know who use the same "strategy" as E-type :) /// NetRoam webmaster
11th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 08-05-02 - 09:42 AM
well, that wasn't the point, actually. The point was that usually a SOLO-ARTIST sings solo. so when there is a solo-artist not singing solo, and has a name that you can't know if it's an artist or a band... anyway, more about funny confuses... I just read more about the festival in Ekenäs, and there in the text advertising E-type they wrote something like this: "E-type sure knows how to arrange a liveshow, with a big band, fireworks and his great-voiced and lightlydressed backupsinger and -dancer Nana Dakini..." now... THAT's juuuuuust a little mistake there... too bad they don't have any contacts so I could correct them... *laughing* ///Myra Reporter & Assistant
Back to entries

Go to top of page