» View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  CIH-virus strike 2
Chrissan
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 27-04-02 - 07:26 PM
Hi. I just have to tell you guys that yesterday a bad virus stroke a lot of computers all over the world. 26th April every year a bad virus called CIH strikes computers with Windows 95, 98 and ME - and this time it found me! Yesterday when I started up my computer my hardrive was gone! I've been really lucky and be clean from viruses without having any virusprogram (wich I will change for now) and now one of the worst viruses strikes me. Almost 12 GB programs, games, saved documents, made homepages was deleted when I started up my computer last night........... A lot of the games and programs is soon back since I have backups on them, but hundreds of documents/homepages are now lost for ever..... Let's hope I'll survive this one! "Chrissan is crying" ///Chrissan Swedish assistant and translator
1st Reply
Phoenix
Posted 27-04-02 - 09:05 PM
I'm so sorry for you, hold on, we'll hope it's the last virus you got
2nd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 29-04-02 - 07:21 AM
That sucks.... I've got XP so it didn't bother me, of course I also have Norton Antivirus running.
3rd Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 29-04-02 - 01:16 PM
hmmpz ... my computer is also doing strange this week ... Internet Explorer stops working ... computer is going out several times ... (I mean it stops with working ...) ... guess I gotta check my computer :'( see ya Arjen
4th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 01-05-02 - 09:15 AM
First of all, Chrissan, I am sorry for you. I hope you will start scanning your computer every now and then... You know, we also are suffering with viruses here... the day before yesterday all the computers in the office were infected, except for mine - that is because my computer has some trouble with the network, so I didn't get it from there. The "good" thing was that we were not able to work anymore, so we just went home and relaxed... yesterday we had a guy to fix the computers, and he found all in all 8 different viruses in the computers (I had one and it wasn't active - which was nice) We scan the computers regularly, but... it seems that the program we are using is not good enough. still, everyday, I get messages to my email, that include suspicious attachments.. with .exe yesterday I got one, today I got 2... last week I got 4 or so. it seems to be a "season" for viruses to spread. so everyone... be careful. ///Myra Reporter & Assistant
Back to entries

Go to top of page