Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  I was realistic I guess
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 11-07-02 - 11:33 PM
Hello people ...

Once again I start about BANCA BANCA single ...
As I said before ... my thoughts about the song are and were that it wouldnt be a huge hit ...

Sale charts:
Position # 32 ... as entry ...
in the 2nd week it is allready going down ...
Guess people are really not that interested in this kind of E-TYPE songs ... SPICE GIRLS with RICKY MARTIN on the E-TYPE way ...

Maybe E-TYPE starts to think about other things for "new ideas" ... maybe combination like:
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS with EMINEM ??? or
PINK with THE PRODIGY ??? or
BRITNEY SPEARS with MARILYN MANSON ???

All in all ... dont make those kind of combinations anymore for E-TYPE songs ...

But ofcourse ... I am also (sometimes) positive ...
Maybe BANCA BANCA will go UP next week ...
even though I dont think so !!!

See ya ...
the negative thinker about BANCA BANCA
(and very positive thinker about WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES)
Arjen!
1st Reply
Flasher T
Posted 14-07-02 - 05:21 PM
When I Close My Eyes would be nice... but I still want them to release Loneliness ;)

On a side note, I was watching Motors TV today and there was a program about a big Finnish car show where people bring their modified cars (dragsters, rice, sound, etc) and there was this Peugeot 306 sound machine pumping Life :)
2nd Reply
Chrissan
Posted 14-07-02 - 06:59 PM
Hi.

I'm begining to think too about this single. Here in Sweden I'm quite sure it will be a great summer-single but it hasn't been any promotion about it all!
I've seen it in 1 collection-record this summer on TV, but only once.

I'm looking at the sales-chart for Sweden's singles and Banca Banca has been on the list two weeks, this weeks place is 39 and last week (first week) was 32.

If E-type and Sthlm Records doesn't do something about it now I think it will be a bad summer for E-type. I'm also chocked that Banca banca isn't played on his tour!!! I was in my hometown when E-type played there... but noooooo. No Banca banca there...........

Strange...

///Chrissan
Swedish assistant and translator
3rd Reply
R.M.L.
Posted 15-07-02 - 01:06 AM
A.T.L.,
it seems that I was too optimistic about "Banca Banca"!! If what you, A.T.L., is saying is true - that the single is going down the sales charts then I must say that I´m totally surprised! The single has rhythm/sound/lyrics that makes me think of summer, beach, sand, water, sun, fun and E-Type himself must have had the same thoughts when he had the "Banca Banca" cover designed!!

And if E-Type has left out "Banca Banca" from his concerts then he´s shooting himself in the foot!! What was the point in E-Type releasing a single that he doesn´t even include in his list of songs to sing on his tour??

Chrissan,
You´re so lucky to have E-Type touring Sweden, though it sounds like the promotion of E-Type in Sweden is a bit insufficient! In Denmark there is no promotion, no E-Type in the charts, ´cause you can´t find the E4E-album or the released singles anywhere! There is NO CONCERTS at all here. E-Type gave one concert in Skanderborg 8th August 1999 and that was all!!
The at least Stockholm Records could do is to promote E-Type "to the extend of madness" in Sweden - it is, after all, E-Type´s homebase!!

So, tell me, what´s wrong with these promotion-people??
4th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 15-07-02 - 01:25 PM
The best I can think of is, since E-type's music is mainly Scandinavian-oriented, they don't believe they can sell enough CD's/singles/concert tickets abroad to justify major promotion... not that it is correct though.
5th Reply
R.M.L.
Posted 15-07-02 - 04:41 PM
Well, if E-type´s musik is only for the Scandinavian countries..then I´m wondering, why there hasn´t been any E4E-promotion tour or any other type of promotion in Denmark!?! Denmark together with Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland IS Scandinavia!!
The promotion-people are very narrow-minded, then, to think that there isn´t a market outside Sweden!!
6th Reply
Erika
Posted 16-07-02 - 06:48 AM
Yeah of course they are! Russia is the greatest 'market'- the biggest country in the world... but the population is not very big... he-he-he
But still I think there are enough E-type's fans here.
7th Reply
*unknown*

Posted 16-07-02 - 07:24 AM
Naturally!

-------
Lena
8th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 17-07-02 - 07:42 PM
I was on the bus the other day, going back from the city where my university is located (2.5 hour bus ride - small country), and there were two girls in the seats ahead of me listening to LMS on their tape player... and I recognized it from what I could hear... pretty pathetic, eh? ;) anyway, E-type could do really well if he would play in Tallinn... I want him to play in Saku Suurhall, the same stage that Eurovision was held on.
Back to entries

Go to top of page