» View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  E-Type/Canadian Releases
mondano
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 02-08-02 - 02:14 AM
E-Types music can once again be found in Canada. "Life" just got released as a single as part of the "Club Euro 2002 Summer" CD. Also "Euro 4 Ever can be imported now to Canada finally via HMV, an awsome music store.
1st Reply
Flasher T
Posted 03-08-02 - 08:55 AM
Cool :)

You should continue your quest for more E-type airplay in Canada :)

We're all behind you!
2nd Reply
mondano
Posted 03-08-02 - 10:22 PM
I really have been trying for many years. "Here I Go Again" and "Campioni" have also made it on Canadian radio.

At this point it is up to E-Type to respect all of his fans worldwide and follow alice deejay, vangaboys and ian van dahl's example and realease his records in North America as well. These artist have proven that there is a market for Euro in Canada.
3rd Reply
mondano
Posted 03-08-02 - 10:24 PM
Oh I forgot one point:

Promotion is the key. I don't think E-Type realizes this.
4th Reply
R.M.L.
Posted 04-08-02 - 00:11 AM
Promotion IS the key to open the world to E-type´s music, but people forget that it´s not E-type himself that is making the decisions about it!

It could be the case that E-type is not interested in being an artist of the world but has settled for being an artist of Europe only! Just think of his latest album - Euro4Ever- the name alone tells a great deal!!

I think it´s great that his music has reached Canada ´cause then more people will know about him, but I doubt that E-type will tour Canada, America or other countries outside Europe.

He has already released 4 albums and if he was interested in going world wide then he would have done it years ago!

5th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 04-08-02 - 07:09 PM
RML, I don't quite agree. If you know the story of why the album is called EuroIVEver and not Eurofighter as intended, you'll agree that if E-type and SR are so concerned about not hurting the feelings of Americans (which in this case I think is bullshit), they should at least make the best use of it and release the album in North America.
6th Reply
HellScream
Posted 01-09-02 - 10:49 AM // Updated 16-09-02 - 01:08 AM
Well I can say I haven't been able to find anything about E-Type at HMV and definetely not heard any of his music on the radio but I did dance on LIFE at a european club in Toronto called BLACK SEA and definetely they will get more hits of E-Type's. That dude ROCKS!!!
7th Reply
mondano
Posted 02-09-02 - 04:56 AM
Helscream, I know that you can get 3 of E-Type's CD's at HMV in Newmarket. You may have to go to the sales desk and ask them to import them for you though. Also you can go to www.hmv.com and search for etype, you'll find "Euro IV Ever", "Last Man Standing" and "Made In Sweden". I have never been able to find "The Explorer" in Canada.

Where do you live? Toronto?

As far as airplay goes I have only ever heard, "Here I Go Again" and "Life" played on z1035, so it is very hard to find his music here. Also "Life" is avaliable on a new compilation called "Club Euro 2002."

Anyways hope this helps you out.
8th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 02-09-02 - 06:37 AM
Hey everyone,
I think that it as very considearate of E-Type to change the name of his cd just because he was afraid he would hurt Americans feeings. With myself being American I wouldnt have cared if he had changed the name I still would have bought it!!. I think most Americans wouldnt have even noticed the name. I dont think anybody would have been offended. We are all pretty much cooled off a bit about 9/11/01 whch I sure you all know that the anniversary of that day is coming up soon....Please pray for our men and women that are over in Afghnistan fighting the War On Terrorism. But anyway back to the point of this messag....It was very considerate and sweet of him and SR to change the name of the album....Even if not completely necessary. :)
In Gods Name and God Bless,
Heather :)
9th Reply
HellScream
Posted 02-09-02 - 02:50 PM // Updated 16-09-02 - 01:32 AM
Hmmm I live in Hamilton which is not that close to Toronto but it's ok ..... takes like half an hour or one hour depends on traffic to get to Toronto but it's a thrill owning a Maserati Spyder. This car is super fast.
10th Reply
mondano
Posted 03-09-02 - 10:17 AM
Man it's cool to find someone else in Canada that is into E-Type. I have been to Hamilton a few times and it's not very far at all. I would definately suggest going to the big HMV in downtown Toronto next time your in the area. Ask the clerk there and they should be able to find some of E-Type's cd's there. I know for a fact that the further away from Toronto you go the less dance music you will able to find.

Keep searching and good luck!! Let me know how it goes.
11th Reply
HellScream
Posted 03-09-02 - 03:08 PM // Updated 16-09-02 - 01:15 AM
Yeah man this Fryday I'm going to Toronto again and I will definetely go to HMV and ask if they have any music of E-Type's. I'll keep ya informed and thx again for ur advice oh and by the way do you live in Toronto ? And if u do let's meet at HMV or somewhere.
12th Reply
mondano
Posted 04-09-02 - 11:39 PM
Hellscream:

I live in Bradford actually. It is 50km north of Toronto. It's just off highway 400. But yhea post a message if you ever want to meet or just to chat.

My e-mail address is:
mondano@hotmail.com
13th Reply
Bassman
Posted 12-09-02 - 07:51 AM
Hi there guys, Johan from the band here. Guess what - we're coming your way! Oct. 13th we're doing a radio event at the docks in Toronto. Check back to this site for more info!
14th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 15-09-02 - 03:03 PM
Hellscream - I am so envious right now! *spoken like the resident car nut*

Come on over to www.forcarenthusiasts.com - you'll enjoy it ;)
15th Reply
HellScream
Posted 16-09-02 - 01:01 AM // Updated 16-09-02 - 01:29 AM
Hmm pretty cool stuff Flasher T but I don't have time to post on that forum cause all of you registered members have over 1000 posts and I think that is really time consuming plus my priorities are my job and my social life heh. By the way Mondano I went to HMV in Toronto and now I own -Euro IV Ever- and -Last Man Standing- heh. I'll send you and e-mail so we can meet and damn now I have great music to listen to whenever I drive.
Back to entries

Go to top of page