Message Board
  » Board rules
  » Enter board

Guestbook
  » View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  E-type going for America!!
R.M.L.
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 09-10-02 - 02:59 PM
Well, I never thought that E-type would go for the American market so when I read the news I was a little surprised!

To me he always seemed content with “just“ being a Swedish Eurodanceking as he actually never really did something about the European market and therefore, never gained the popularity and success in Europe as he DO deserve. He has been concentrated on doing the main part of both LMS and E4E in Sweden in stead of trying to conquer the rest of Europe. With his music style and sweet personality it should not be that difficult to capture the heart of Europe!!

So why does he not do something about the European market in stead of making eyes at the American market? There are fans from Denmark, Russia, Holland, Finland and France just to mention a few…and they are ALL screaming for E-type to come and do concerts in their countries! So why does he not listen to his fans and do a tour in Europe? Of course he has to do promotion and release his albums in Europe and then follow it up with a big tour!! But then he would become more known, sell more and climb the European charts. And when the European market is satisfied THEN he could go to America!

We all know that E-type has varied his music on all 4 albums, and now he is trying countrydisco! That is going to be interesting to hear, but it IS E-type and whatever music style he touches it sounds great, so I bet the American album will too. If ”Call me” and ”Madly unkind” are in the direction of sounding like “Angels country” then we have something to look forward to!! I just hope that the album will be available in Europe too, so that we European fans can get a hold of it. E-type is after all belonging to Europe and not America!!

Anyway, he is going and nothing can be done about that. So it will be interesting to follow the development and see how he is doing in the American charts! I wish that he will succeed and get his aim fulfilled!! America or not… I hope for the best as he is E-TYPE !!

R.M.L. ;-))
1st Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 10-10-02 - 09:54 AM
ah,

I am happy that E-type finally dares to take this step and try his wings over the Atlantic. I just hope that this "countrydisco" doesn't sound like Rednex... ha ha ha! (no, I'm actually afraid it will. That is in my mind what you get as you combine country and disco..)

Anyway, I think we, as fans, should be more supportive, be happy about this new chance. Not being "selfish" asking for me, me, me. Maybe it is time for him to conquer new continents, as seemingly Europe is not really interested in him. Personally I don't think that a concert in France would be success. even with promotion. But that's my opinion, of course.

I am happy that he "Goes America", and if that leaves him less time to concentrate on Europe, then it is his choise. it is his life and career, after all!

I'm sure he won't forget his European fans, I don't think there's a reason to be afraid he would STAY on "the wrong side of the Atlantic" (I hope that doesn't insult any American/Canadian fans, it is just for the fans who think E-type should stay in Europe)

GodSpeed, well done. I hope it will be a success :)

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
2nd Reply
Erika
Posted 11-10-02 - 07:25 AM
D'U want to know my opinion?
I think this American tour won't be very successful because most of Americans (I said "most" not "all") aren't interested in European music. Actually there are very few singers/bands who managed to reach great success in America. Maybe just the Beatles and U2.
But being a real fun I still hope everything will be alright!!!
3rd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 12-10-02 - 09:12 AM
RML, you forgot Estonia ;) the radio stations here STILL have Free Like a Flying Demon in rotation.

Anyway, like I said in Mondano's thread, it's OK to try something new to make more money - as long as he remembers where his roots are and what his most devoted fans like him for :)
4th Reply
Phoenix
Posted 14-10-02 - 06:40 AM
I hope it will be a success. But when I read the news, I was a bit dissapointed. I always hoped he would release an album here, but I never wanted him to change his style.
People here love Euro-dance now. NY radio is full of european songs, and ppl vote for it. With Country-Disco it's different, you never hear it on charts and the number of ppl who listen to it is limited.
He would definetely attract more people with Euro-dance, than with country-disco. And to change lyrics!!! Gosh, it seems like a crime to me. I like his lyrics theme most of all.
However, I hope he makes it and wish him luck.
Olga.

5th Reply
Clubqueen
Posted 15-10-02 - 10:01 PM
He was a success in Canada on sunday!!!

AMAZING!!!

And people would be surprised how many people down here listen to him and respect his music.
6th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 17-10-02 - 01:28 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that this whole "America and E-type goes country-disco" thing isn't all that true after all. The article which was the basic source of information we had, told the story in a wrong way.

Therefore - I ask you please to go to the latest news - there you will get the true story.

/// NetRoam
webmaster
7th Reply
Lena
Banned: 2 time(s)
Banned

Posted 17-10-02 - 06:30 PM
Aha!
Back to entries

Go to top of page