Back to entries
Author Subject:  Battle of ballads!
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 10-11-02 - 10:57 PM
Hey everyone!

Since I can see that people are beginning to be a bit bored, as there's not much going on around E-type these days, I thought I'd try to get people active again by asking them some questions every now and then to which I need opinions. That way we can also get to know a bit about other fans' taste in E-type's music and such!

So my first question is about E-type's ballads on the albums he's made! Below I've listed a few ballads, and I'd like to know which song you find the best and why!

-> Do you always (have to be alone)? (from Made in Sweden)
-> You will always be a part of me (from The Explorer)
-> I'll always be around (from Last Man Standing)
-> Star (from Euro IV Ever)

If people would like my opinion, I guess I would say that I like "You will always be a part of me" the best, but of course all 4 of them are great! The reason for "You will always be a part of me" being just a little bit better than the others is that it has a really beautiful melody, strong lyrics and I just love the guitar-solo in the song. It sounds so great!

Anyway, I hope that others would join me in this little "battle of ballads" :)

Take care, people!

/// NetRoam
webmaster
1st Reply
Flasher T
Posted 11-11-02 - 04:03 PM
Great idea :)

At this point I like Star the most, but it must be Christmas coming up (btw, Estonia is snowed in!). But actually, I've always loved the lyrics in Do You Always.
2nd Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 11-11-02 - 05:16 PM
Hello everyone :)

yes, I am still here, only suffering a lot of problems with the computers, so I usually can't write/don't have the time otherwise.

anyway, to ballads... I also really like the lyrics of "Do You Always".. and I really love both "You Will Always Be a Part of Me" and "Star" (at the moment I still find Star a bit better, because it still reminds me of that lonely afternoon in Stockholm I once told about on this forum).

"I'll Always Be Around" is also very nice, but it has certainly no chances on "my charts" to beat the three above-mentioned ones...

But to add here, lately I have preferred "You Know" from the Explorer. And "I'm Not Alone", even though it can't really be counted as a ballad.

But I guess we can see the 'public opinion' if we scan through the charts on this site... (which I haven't done yet, though)

Anyway, I hope he will continue making ballads on his albums, cause he really has the talent to make ballads that you can feel with every cell of your body, instead of "just listening". Not every ballad I've heard does that, but E-type certainly does.

Back to the autumnstorm *brrrrrr* (yes, it CAN be cold and grey also in Turkey...)

take care everyone, listen to lovely ballads when the storms are roaring ourside the windows... I sure will.

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
3rd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 11-11-02 - 05:32 PM
I wouldn't say "I'm Not Alone" is a ballad, but it's definitely one of my top 5 E-type songs.
4th Reply
Phoenix
Posted 11-11-02 - 07:31 PM
"I'm not alone" is on my chart as well.
About ballads--
it's kind of hard for me to decide between "Do you always?" and "You will always be a part of me". Lyrics mean a lot to me and both songs have strong lyrics which speak volumes. But if you really need a definite answer, then it's "You will always be a part of me". Why? Well, the lyrics there give a sense of eternity, something deep and everlasting.
Stay warm, and don't get sick,
Olga.
5th Reply
Erika
Posted 12-11-02 - 07:17 AM
Of course "Star" and "Do You Always"- these two are the best.

P.S.: it's my opinion.
6th Reply
Erika
Posted 12-11-02 - 07:19 AM
By the way I like "Walk away" too!
7th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 12-11-02 - 02:33 PM
and OH WEDA then ???
that song is completely awesome!
and also POP PRELUDIUM!
8th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 12-11-02 - 03:31 PM
Yes, definately.

Oh Weda is a nice "lullaby", it's easy to get a restless child to sleep when you play it a few times in a row...

and Pop Preludium... awesome. Even the people who don't know what has been E-type's "source" for that song, can really feel the great sorrow that it includes.. a kind of melody and production that really twists your heart.

if we make this a conversation on great E-type-songs, I can give you a list of about 4 album-fulls of songs... but for ballads... today I have "Do You Always" playing in my head, right next to "Green Fields" (where ever THAT came from, it has travelled a long way.. hah hah hah!!)

keep on...

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
9th Reply
R.M.L.
Posted 13-11-02 - 00:32 AM
That is actually a very good question, NetRoam!!!

I find it very difficult to choose just one ballad among the four you have listed! They are all beautiful songs and have lyrics that “talk” to people and reflect feelings/situations we all know of from our lives. The sound in them all is a bit sad like E-type has just lost a girlfriend or was missing one in particular when writing the songs. But my absolute favourite ballad is actually “You Know” from The Explorer! So if it had been listed I would have chosen it without hesitation!

But since I have to choose among four other fabulous ballads I had to take some time to listen to the songs and then rate them. After some difficult voting with myself I think I would say that “I´ll always be around” is a little bit better than the others. I really like the way the song is put together – E-type’s voice sounds awesome together with the background vocals! And there is something I cannot really explain that makes me in a good mood when I hear the song, though it’s a ballad with a sad theme!

If I add “You Know” and “Walk Away” to the list … then my list of ballads will be like this;
1) You know, 2) I´ll always be around, 3) Walk away, 4) Star, 5) You will always be a part of me, 6) Do you always (have to be alone)?

R.M.L. ;-))
10th Reply
Aliisa
Posted 14-11-02 - 05:48 PM
"You Will Always Be A Part Of Me" is my favourite song in the WORLD :) it's my favorite ballad. there isn't better song than that

that's my opinion

there r no bad E-Type songs. I love each of them
11th Reply
Rainbow
Assistant

Posted 16-11-02 - 00:54 AM
Greetings, folks! :) Would be glad to join your conversation!

Well, it was not much to choose from, especially taking into account that all the options are our favorite artist’s songs who as it has been mentioned by the fans many times has no bad songs. ;) However, I never doubted to call “Do you always…?” the best one, at least among the ballads from the first three albums. When I was listening to it for the first time I happened to have the lyrics in front of my eyes, so I had a chance to appreciate the melody and the lyrics of “Do you always…?” at once, and both stroke me with their amazing beauty. Ah, who else can better understand what I mean than you all! :)) But it’s hard to explain why the song seems to me to be so especially breath-taking compared to the other ballads. Guess it’s because the melody in “Do you always…?” is a bit more mysterious and the lyrics is a bit more symbolic, which always appeals to me. *SS* Besides, the situation described in the song is a point by itself, at least as far as my heart is concerned. All in all, I felt in love with “Do you always…?” from its first sound and from its first line “I wake to the sound of a far away thunder…” and it has always been my favorite song since that. Most of all I was carried away by the way the lines “How am I supposed to help you when you're in your desert land…” at the end of the song sounded. I was sure even that if someone whispered that to me in case I needed some help badly I would fall in love with that person as well. :)

As for “You will always be a part of me” I can’t say that I fail to appreciate this one, either. I agree with Morten that the song has strong lyrics, I can’t find a better word to express it. No doubt there is something special with this ballad, yet somehow it has never been the top one with me. Unfortunately, neither “I’ll always be around”, nor “Walk away” arouse any serious sympathy in my heart, but all I mean with that is that I like the songs when I hear them, but I never longed to listen to them unless I listen to the whole album, unlike “You know” and “PoP Preludium”! And I can’t but dwell upon the divine ballads from “EuroIVEver”. “Star” is an exceptional song. It’s rather about life on the whole, than about longing to a concrete person, but the atmosphere of the ballad is not that cheerful whereas in “Life” for instance the words “I’ve got life” sounded to me as if Martin was completely satisfied with everything he has. When I heard “Star” for the second time my eyes turned wet even. Most of all I was touched by the line “Now time has come to say goodbye to all the things I couldn't find” ‘cause after the earlier lyrics “What ever we search for we will find…” I was naive enough to suppose nothing can go wrong. A-ah… Never associated it with Christmas on my own, by the way, but when I hear folks say “Star” would be a perfect Christmas song I realize that I’m inclined to be of the same opinion. It’s always nice to see eye to eye with someone, and of course, I’m delighted to see “Oh Weda” to be mentioned in this thread as an awesome one. When I heard it I just gasped and I expressed my attitude to it in the following way: as short as “Made in Sweden”, but as beautiful as “Do you always…?”! I’m not that crazy about Mira’s mentioning the word “child” though, since I actually did listen to it right before going to sleep myself, but rather not to fall asleep, but to turn the coming dreams into sweet ones! ;)

Hope, my report was detailed enough! :P

Love you all,
Maria.
12th Reply
Arven
Posted 16-11-02 - 09:06 AM
It's not easy to choose the best ballad because I like ALL E-type's songs very much. Hmmmm...
Well, I agree with NetRoam. "You will always be a part of me" is the best ballad. It is very romantic.
13th Reply
Michael
Temporarily disabled
Posted 16-11-02 - 07:34 PM
Only "Do You Always"! This is the one of the best songs of E-type! You know, I don't like ballads too much, but this song i do
14th Reply
Flower
Posted 17-11-02 - 01:50 PM
Let's keep our fingers crossed, and we'll hear THE BEST E-type's ballade very soon - when he'll record hes new album!
---
Lena
15th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 17-11-02 - 03:01 PM
How come nobody chose "Fall from the sky"?
16th Reply
Erika
Posted 19-11-02 - 07:40 AM
no se! do U like it most of all?
17th Reply
R.M.L.
Posted 19-11-02 - 07:41 PM
I like "Fall from the sky" very much!!

But I don´t consider it as a ballad - it´s more in the direction of a pop song. Mostly because the beat in it is more fast.

That´s why I didn´t mention it in my earlier reply!

R.M.L. ;-))
18th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 20-11-02 - 06:11 PM
Myra ->
for one time I really need to agree with you!
PoP Preludium hits me by heart!
Especially the reason why he made it ...

2nd:
I cannot hear YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A PART OF ME!
It is such a "tear-maker" ... cause I have played it in the church on the burying of my father!
Everyone loved the song ... and everyone was asking if the song would be released (or was released) sooner or later in the Netherlands ...
(sounds strange ... that people ask on a burying about single release ... meant -> they were asking it few days/weeks after it!!!)

3rd:
I also love THE EXPLORER ... the power of that song!
It may sound simple ... but it sounds so cool :)

4rd:
Can we count LAST MAN STANDING also as a ballad?

5th:
eeuh ... guess I stop now :D

see ya
Arjen
Back to entries

Go to top of page