» View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  NOT logical at all!!!
R.M.L.
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 24-11-02 - 11:04 PM

It was such a huge disappointment when the winner of “Best Swedish Song” and "Best Swedish Artist/group” at the Swedish Hit Music Awards 2002 wasn´t E-type!! I had really hoped that E-type would get at least one award but it didn´t turn out that way !

But at least I saw E-type give out 2 prices and just seeing him was awesome!! I haven´t seen him since I met him backstage in Linköping after his last concert, so it was good to see him live again though it was on tv!

A.T.L.;

First of all … it was because of the first released single from Euro4Ever -“Life”- that E-type was nominated for “Best Swedish Song” and “Best Swedish Artist/group” at the Swedish Hit Music Awards 2002!! Neither “Africa” nor “Banca Banca” were mentioned or nominated!

Releasing “Banca Banca” was not “asking for problems” as you say!! It´s a very good song with rhythm, beat and good lyrics!! If E-type didn´t like the song and had hopes for it to climb the charts, then he wouldn´t have released it in the first place!! Unfortunately, it was not the right time for the single and it didn´t succeed! But I was lucky to hear “Banca Banca” live at E-type´s last concert in Linköping though. The song was actually dedicated to Morten and it sounded awesome, so that was a kind of consolation for me … and a good one!!!

You say that E-type would have had a better chance to stay popular if he’d released another song than “Banca Banca”! You are in fact insinuating that this particular song has been the reason for E-type not getting more popular! Rubbish!!! E-type has been “on stage” since 1994 and one song cannot tilt or reduce his popularity!!

If you wear glasses I suggest you clean them and read the subjects on the board that has been written about this American thing!! Then you´ll read that it’s as Martin Eriksson he will “invade” America!! Not as E-type!! E-type has his eurodance music and Martin Eriksson has his countrydisco! Therefore, this cannot be “asking for problems!!” People just have to learn to separate E-type and Martin Eriksson though the face is the same!!

How can you say that “it’s very logical that he has not won that price” and “the awards were NOT for E-type and …they didn’t belong to him …because there were more better artists than him”??? It was as much in E-type´s favour to win an award as in Kent´s! E-type and his music is very capable of competing with other artists in Sweden and Europe!!! Why Kent won a lot of prices including the 2 ones that E-type should have had, is an open question, but my guess is that as E-type is a very quiet person/artist and doesn´t make a lot of fuss about himself, and furthermore haven´t done that much promotion on Euro4Ever and the singles then he isn´t interesting enough in the eyes of the voters of Swedish Hit Music Awards!! All the nominees are respected artists in Sweden, so I just think that the voters had their hearts set to rock music this year rather than dance music, which makes it obvious that Kent would win. There is no doubt that E-type is a popular artist in Sweden. Kent was just lucky to be a tad more popular than E-type in the days leading up to the show. Attend a concert and you´ll see!!! People are crazy about E-type!!!

If you don´t think that E-type´s songs are good why don´t you concentrate on your beloved Ace of Base then and leave E-type with us true E-type fans!! If you haven´t got any good things to say about E-type then be silent!! You are always criticising E-type and his way of doing things AS IF YOU KNEW BETTER!! A true E-type fan will support him no matter what!! If he releases a single that doesn´t become that successful we´ll back him up and love him anyway!!

Come again, A.T.L.!!

R.M.L. ;-))
1st Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 25-11-02 - 08:39 AM
hello :)

That was a long message, and it included quite many good points.

But I'm only going to comment on one. I have also got the feeling that we have a natural-born daily-news music-critic among us. In disguise of a fan.

of course it is normal to talk many sides of every turn E-type makes, but it makes me wonder why does it always have to be negative?

I am sure E-type has built himself a good fortune by now, so if he wants to try his wings in America, or release a Latin-influenced single, that is totally up to him, and if it makes him happy, that is, if that is what he wants, then he has my full support. I might not always agree with everything he does, but I would never push him down because of his decisions.

fans are fans and the others are something else.

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
2nd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 25-11-02 - 07:33 PM
Interesting point I've been thinking of recently -

If you try to name the genres of E-type's songs, you'll see that a lot of them are distinctly NOT Eurodance. Take "Free Like A Flying Demon", personal preferences aside seems to be the best song ever. It's not Dance and it's not even very Euro - but it's distinctly E-type. So IMO whatever Martin decides to make out of the American singles, it'll still be enjoyable to us fans - cause whatever the style, it'll be distinctly Martin "E-type" Eriksson.

Just something to think about ;)
Back to entries

Go to top of page