» Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Banca Banca.
AquariaGirl12
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 23-03-03 - 09:36 PM
Hey everyone,
I dont know if anyone has tried to translate the Spanish of Banca Banca to English, but I have. Here is what I have come up with....
Banca- Banking ( money ).
Dinero- Money.
Solero- Buy
Camaro- Car
In the song it sounds like Martin is singing " Bance banca dinero a solera a camaro ". The word or sound A means TO in Spanish. So, basically, I think that he is saying " Im gonna get some money, buy a car, come on ". Does anyone else agree with me. This is just what I think mind you....
In Gods Name and God Bless,
Heather :)
1st Reply
Flasher T
Posted 24-03-03 - 04:07 PM
It's as good an interpretation as any... but somehow I doubt he actually had some concrete meaning for it... just a collection of beautiful words :)
2nd Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 24-03-03 - 05:36 PM
well...

I'm back from a looooong trip to Turkey... nice to see so much action on the board again :)

Anyway, I'm not sure about this "collecting beautiful words" because Martin has studied a lot of Spanish (and I remember him once talking about it in an interview, and he said he hated it, cause he was forced to study it. not quite sure WHO forced him, but it wasn't his choise apparently) so he might have actually written it with a meaning :)

he likes fast cars, doesn't he ;)

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
3rd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 24-03-03 - 07:24 PM
Yes he does... *Koenigsegg rules!*
4th Reply
Erika
Posted 31-03-03 - 01:32 PM
You know I speak Spanish pretty well and I like it. But... but I can't translate all this sentence.
Voy por partes:
"Banca"- "bench" or some bank operations;
"dinero"- "money" (you were right);
"solero"- if I'm not that stupid there's no such word in Spanish; "buy" is "comprar" in Spanish;
"camaro"- as far as I know it's a kind of car. "Car" is "coche".

Es todo.
5th Reply
Lena
Banned: 2 time(s)
Banned

Posted 31-03-03 - 04:36 PM
Aha... In Russian version that's a song about money... Money is the main reason to be not so free in your life... or something like that... That it will be the best time of my life... in the usual rut ;)
6th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 04-04-03 - 04:56 PM
Lena... remember the old Russian saying - it's not the money that spoils a person, it's a lack of it? ;)
7th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 05-04-03 - 10:51 PM
Hey,
Erika, I have spoken Spanish and have been for awhile, and I looked up some of the words in my Spanish to English dictionary, and solero was said to be like a slang word for buy. But you are right about comprar and coche. But that is high Spanish, language that is taught in schools, E-Type may have been using slang words, we will probably never know. Do you agree or not?....
Voy a salir ( I am pretty sure that means I am going to go, tell me if I'm wrong). Buenos dias.
In Gods Name and God Bless,
Heather :)
8th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 07-04-03 - 10:32 AM
In case any Europeans are wondering, here is a Camaro:

http://fierrosarg.hypermart.net/Fotos%20de%20autos/Autos/camaro.jpg

It's an old model though, but this is generally considered the coolest Camaro ever.
9th Reply
Erika
Posted 07-04-03 - 01:59 PM
heather: Well, may be you're right. then it means "I buy". By the way if I don't forget I'll ask my Spanish tutor- he's Spaniard.
P.S.: sometimes I think I know even more Spanish slang words that I should- maybe there're some things I don't know even in Russian- aunque puede ser que eso sea mentira- soy rusa y por eso hablo ruso perfectamente.
Si, Heather, tienes razon- "voy a salir" significa "I'm going to go", pero creo que mejor-"me voy" (para mi, al menos- es mas corto).
Erika.
10th Reply
Daria
Posted 21-04-03 - 01:57 PM
As for me I dont know Spanish, but it's enough for me to hear the rythm... well, my favourite cha-cha! :)
Back to entries

Go to top of page