» View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  TATU
Andy
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 03-04-03 - 03:14 PM
Oh Man. These two Russian girls really got quite popular here in US, a lot of radio-play. They are supposedly Lesbians, but I think it's jsut a Marketing move.

IOP Their songs (All the Things She Said, Not Gonna Get Us) are Pretty good, but I don't think they are the best Russian act.
1st Reply
Lena
Banned: 2 time(s)
Banned

Posted 07-04-03 - 04:21 PM
I hate TATU!
2nd Reply
Andy
Posted 07-04-03 - 05:51 PM
Well. Lena. We All Have our Own tastes in music. I think Tatu's music is Nice. I especailly liked their Russian song called "Robot". It was very Catchy, and the comparison that it made between "Loving a Robot" and "Loving a person" of the Same Sex was very interesting and Smart.

It is also nice that a Russian Act hit it big World-wide. I just wish that Ruskiy Razmer or Ruky Verh sang in English and had as much success :-)
3rd Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 08-04-03 - 03:24 PM
I hate RUKI VVERH - the mors untelented group around the globe.
4th Reply
Andy
Posted 08-04-03 - 05:53 PM // Updated 08-04-03 - 05:58 PM
ATC "Around The World" was a COVER of Ruky Verh's song. "Around the World" was an International Smash Hit. Alex Christensen (producer of ATC and U96 and Rollegirl) took Ruky Verh's melody and changed lyrics to English.

I really do not think that Someone without any talent could write such a song. Ruky Verh have many other Great tunes in Russian, and if remade with English lyrics could all become Hits.

So What is Your Argument Lena. All you do is make Nasty Remarks, without any Reason behind them. Anyone can say that something "Sucks" without a good reason for it.

(This reply was moved to the right thread by the webmaster)

Edited by NetRoam (Admin) on April 8th, 2003 at 05:58 PM CET
5th Reply
alyastra
Posted 08-04-03 - 07:50 PM
they are what they are, but they can sing and know what makes them popular => they are smart enough to climb the charts. People who like TATU should try to look up Tatu feat. Prodigy vesrion of "Not gonna get Us". Gets even better.
6th Reply
Andy
Posted 08-04-03 - 08:01 PM
Yeah. They are Smart. A lot of their Russian material was in the area of Electronic Pop, but they added Rock elements to their US release. I don't necessarily support that, but I think it's a smart move, since Rock is what sells best in US. Their melodies are very nice, but personally I would rather see them do EuroTrance or Synth-Pop :-)

It's a Mystery to me why E-Type never hit it big in US with his "Explorer" album, since that album had many Rock elements and many Great songs, yet it reatianed much Euro feel to it :-)
7th Reply
alyastra
Posted 08-04-03 - 08:27 PM
Its the timing and knowing how to sell the product:) In US its all about show, I bet young lesbians (presumably) sell better than talented and awesome, yet bit older E-Type:) And the rock elements are fine, the formula of Tatu´s fame recipe besides of lesbian reputation is clear melody (VERY important) and drum s& rhythm. Even if someone should take a look to E-types singles chart, songs that contain both are closer to the top. That’s the way (aha aha) crowd likes it ;)
8th Reply
alyastra
Posted 09-04-03 - 09:12 AM
I ment that if in the E-Type´s consert there would be 2 or 3 Dee´s dancing in a foreground...
9th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 13-04-03 - 03:05 PM
To Morten:
and WHAT there was in that message? Now I don't know it :(

To Andy:
Of course, someone CAN write any songs without a telent! Like me, for example :)
10th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 13-04-03 - 05:50 PM
Lena: I moved the message because it was posted in the subject where Andy wrote about the Danish Heliumheads - but I could clearly see that the message was about this TATU-subject, so that's why it was moved here! Everything has to be right when people write here, and that's why it would be weird to continue the TATU-conversation in a different subject!

/// Morten
webmaster
11th Reply
Daria
Posted 23-04-03 - 12:51 AM
I like TATU. They really make dance music - you will never stay away when it plays in the clubs or on parties... I just wanna say, that they have the right to choose what to to - lesbos or smth else. It mustn't care us. As for me I don't care if they are "pink". I love there songs. Especialli - i'm not shure how it sounds in English, but in Russian it is named - "30 minuters". And "Doschitai do 100" - is my favourite. And the image of one of the girls I used in my story.
12th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 25-04-03 - 03:34 PM
To Morten:
Ah... I see... thank you for the explanation!

To Andy:
... but I'd never say, that I have no TALENT, hahaha!
13th Reply
Andy
Posted 25-04-03 - 03:50 PM // Updated 25-04-03 - 03:51 PM
To Lena:
I am sure that you have some talent Lena :)

To Daria:
Do you listen to any other Russian music? For example I really like Ruskiy Razmer, Virus, Reflex. Also Ruki Verh, Demo, 140 Udarov V Minutu, and Akula are also pretty good. They are easy to dance to, and have nice melodies :)

Unfortunately many Russian people don't like
them :(
14th Reply
Daria
Posted 27-04-03 - 12:39 AM
TO Andy - Well, I listen them, but only their most succesful hits. They all make good music, and I can't understand why You decided that most russians don't like it. Many people like them, and most of their songs sound in clubs and people like to dance them very much. But to LISTEN - I mean really LISTEN to the music, I prefer smth else. Valery Leontiev, Blackmore's Night, Plazma, Night Snipers (cool russian rock-band). Shame on me, but I haven't listened to Russkii Razmer, BUT I can surely say that every person I know (most of them are males) really LIKES it!!! :) I can send you Night Snipers or smth else, if You want, just write Your adress. :) Demo is good group, I like them, but I haven't heard about them for a long time. No new songs. And now I'm listening to latinas hits, cause I'm a dancer, and love to dance latina! :)
15th Reply
Andy
Posted 27-04-03 - 07:52 PM // Updated 27-04-03 - 07:54 PM
Yeah. I really like RUSKIY RAZMER. I have their BEST (Greatest hits ) collection, and I listen to it A LOT.

I think PLAZMA is a Nice Band. A lot of their music sounds Similar to Modern Talking, and I Love Modern Talking :-) It's Nice to see a Russian Group Sing in English. They really have potential to become Famous Internationally :-)

Dasha, Your English is Very Good and you communicate very well, just like Flsher T. That's Very Good. I took 3 years of German at school and at university, and I still can't communicate in it :-(

C Ya

P.S. My parents are from a town called Donetsk in Ukraine and I was born there.
16th Reply
Andy
Posted 27-04-03 - 08:02 PM // Updated 27-04-03 - 08:04 PM
I forgot. Here are Windows Media links to 2 FULL Albums:

RUSKIY RAZMER "Greatest Hits":
http://www.rbcmp3.com/store/album_asx.asp?sku=28901

140 UDAROV V MINUTU "V Realnom Vremeni"
http://www.rbcmp3.com/store/album_asx.asp?sku=22818

I enjoy Both :-)
17th Reply
Daria
Posted 28-04-03 - 12:54 AM
Thanks for links. :) That's a cool site!! I'm going to get this songs and later I'll say my opinion. :)
Andy, thank You for a kind word about my English :) I learned it at school for 10 years from the 1 grade, but... now it is not as good as it was 3 years ago, when I was graduated from school. I entered the Banking College, and there were no english lessons and I began to forget it. So You can practice Your German and You'll achieve exellent results! You need just a wish. :)
18th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 06-05-03 - 12:44 AM
by the way... there are 9 000 000 ppl here in Moscow, so I wonder how can it be that everyone knows everything about everybody... anyways, some days ago someone saw Yulia Volkova with Vlad Topalov in the sentre of Moscow - thay where kissing in the shadow corner of one nice restaurant on the Pushkin squere... puff! Not very bad for les.. lesbi.. how it in English? for lesbiane (if only i spell it correctly). I never saw any lesbianes here in Moskow...
Back to entries

Go to top of page