» View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Danish Discovery:HELIUMHEADS
Andy
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 07-04-03 - 05:24 PM // Updated 07-04-03 - 05:24 PM
OK. I am Weird, But I recently Just fell in Love with this Danish song. It reminded me of Eiffel 65:

HELIUMHEADS "Reality" (2nd Remix is Awesome)
http://www.eurodanceworld.com/singles/000045.ram

This group even had a deal with Universal Denmark to put out an Album, but they got Dropped :-(

Morten, Have You ever heard of this Danish act?
1st Reply
Andy
Posted 07-04-03 - 05:33 PM // Updated 07-04-03 - 05:42 PM
Oh, Yeah, I think HAMPENBERG is also a pretty Cool Danish Techno/Trance project:

http://www.eurodanceworld.com/albums/hampenberg_album.ram

Very Moving Music :-)

P.S. Behind this Project is Morten Hampenberg. His name is also Morten :-))) Popular name in Denmark and Germany, Right?
2nd Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 07-04-03 - 06:20 PM
I haven't heard about the Heliumheads before ... I guess I didn't since they got dropped, but it sounded alright :))

Hampenberg makes some great dance/trance music and it's true that it's Morten Hampenberg, but there are actually two more in the band ... Thomas Salling and Lin Samuelsen :))

You should go to www.hampenberg.com and hear a few of the small sound-clips they have there ... their latest album is called Duck Off and contains some extremely great tracks!!! :)))

The name Morten is pretty popular in Denmark and Norway I guess ... but not in Germany :))

/// Morten
webmaster
3rd Reply
Andy
Posted 08-04-03 - 05:07 AM // Updated 08-04-03 - 05:08 AM
Yeah, Hampenberg is Sweeeeet. They have Techno/Trance and they also have some really nice Slower Pop songs (Smile, Away From Home)) "Grab That Thing" is a fun/catchy Techno Track, kind of reminds me of Vengaboys :-)

"Don't Lie To Me" is simply Amazing. Angelic Female Vocals all Covered in Powerful Trance Melody. So Much Power

"Dream Love" from their first album was that way too. It featured Ingun. Who is Ingun, Do You Know Morten? Also there are vocals by Mary D. Is she a Danish singer?

Their Instrumentals are also Very Good
Another Great Danish Act with many Great tunes :-)
4th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 08-04-03 - 10:13 AM
To tell you the truth I don't know who Ingun or Mary D are but my guess is that they are both in some way related to Denmark. Ingun sounds like she's from Iceland or the Faroe Islands, but I have no idea really!

But anyway ... if you get the chance to listen to the entire Duck Off album some time ... take a listen to track 2 - "Take control" ... sounds like "Don't lie to me" and it's AMAZING!!!!! Also ... "Been there done that" is soooooo incredibly cute. They have sampled a baby laughter in the instrumental slow song ... it sounds soooo nice :)
5th Reply
Andy
Posted 08-04-03 - 06:01 PM
Sorry, I posted reply in wrong place :-)

Morten, Do you also like "Infernal".

I liked a few tunes from their "Waiting For Daylight" album, like "Sunrise" (Awesome Dance Track), "Serengeti", and "Living Under Water".
6th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 08-04-03 - 06:33 PM
Yeah, Infernal has made some good music :)

When talking about "Waiting for daylight" I especially like their "Humbled by nature" ... nice ballad ... and of course Sunrise.

But I actually like their previous work a bit better ... their first album "Infernal affairs" where they had a sort of Scottish theme going on ... back then they had monsterhits in Denmark with tracks like Sortie de L'enfer, Highland Fling, Voodoo Cowboy and Your Crown :))
7th Reply
Andy
Posted 08-04-03 - 07:51 PM
Cool. what about their cover of a Russian folk song "Kalinka" ? I have not heard their version, but I assume it's a cover of the Russian "Kalinka".I Saw it on their website :-)

That previous material that you mentioned (Your Clown, Voodo Cowboy), how would you describe it. Was it Dance/Pop, Trance, Techno, Rock??

I LOVE "Sunrise" song. It's got a very nice Melody Riff, and some nice energy :-) I have not heard "Humbled By Nature" but I will check it out.

Morten, Between Hampenberg and Infernal albums, which album do you think is the best when it comes to nice Pop melodies. I don't know which I would like to buy first? They all seem very Nice.
8th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 08-04-03 - 08:36 PM
Ah yeah - of course ... I forgot to mention "Kalinka" ... probably the biggest Infernal hit in Denmark yet. And yes - it's the trance version of the Russian Kalinka :)) Sounds cool :)

Of the other Infernal songs I can tell you that Sortie De L'enfer, Highland Fling and Your Crown is dance/trance music - much of it is instrumental. Voodoo Cowboy is a bit slower ... It's tough to say what style that song is ... has a tempo like So Dem A Com but of course isn't exactly like that :)) You should hear it to hear what it's like.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by nice POP melodies because Infernal and Hampenberg are both bands that are famous for their dance/trance music ... but considering the albums they have released, I would most probably say both Hampenberg albums are great ... and Infernal's first album - Infernal Affairs is great too. In a way I find "Waiting for daylight" with Infernal not as good as the others ... but I'll let you decide what to do :)
9th Reply
Andy
Posted 08-04-03 - 08:47 PM
Thanx for All the Info, Morten :-))

10th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 08-04-03 - 08:51 PM
You're welcome, Andy ... hope you could use it :)
11th Reply
Andy
Posted 08-05-03 - 09:53 PM
I really like Tukan. They have only two songs, but they are some AWESOME Vocal Trance : Light a Rainbow, When You Hear the Silence. Have you heard of them Morten, I think they are Danish DJs.

Hey Morten, I also have another question:

What happend to the Danish act called Hit'n'Hide. Their first album was similar to Aqua, pretty nice, But their second album was more Serious and simply Great (Run Run and Kingdom of Eternity are Great songs).

I heard that Hit'n'Hide Rapper (Morgan) did something else. I think the song was called:

Morgan feat. Nicole "Tell Me".
Have you heard it. Is that Vocal Trance or Pop Dance?
12th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 09-05-03 - 02:01 AM
I have heard "Light a rainbow" with Tukan, but I don't know much more about them than that.

Hit'n'Hide is also a Danish act that had a few good hits in the days - released 2 albums as you said - I have the first one on CD, and I have heard the other album as well. My favourite is the first album though - brings back memories :)

You're right that Morgan has teamed up with Nicole and made a song called "Tell me why"

You can listen to a bit of the song here: http://www.tunemag.dk/audio/morgannicole.wvx

Then you can hear for yourself what kind of music style it is :)

/// Morten
webmaster
13th Reply
Andy
Posted 09-05-03 - 03:17 AM // Updated 09-05-03 - 03:19 AM
OH, I LOVE It. I've never heard this song, but I've read about it. Very Beautiful Pop Melody and the Trance arrangement is very powerful. I am a HUGE fan of Commercial Trance sound

Thank You Soooooooo Much for this Awesome Link.

Did they release anything else???? Maybe Album???? Other singles??? Who is this Nicole, maybe you know?

By the way, I have both Hit'n'Hide albums, and they are both very good. I bought their Second album only last year, and the first one I've had for a few years. They were pretty hard to find, since they are imports. I really like "World of Dreams" on their first album :-) And the second album has a nice Trance remix of "Space Invaders" :-)

Great song this "Tell Me". Thank You Morten
14th Reply
Andy
Posted 09-05-03 - 03:22 AM
Oh Yeah, Morten Here is TUKAN's website, you can hear both of their tunes there:

http://www.tukan-online.com/

I hope Tukan releases a whole album, not just the 2 singles :-)
Back to entries

Go to top of page