» View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Good Move E-Type!!!!
mondano
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 18-04-03 - 08:01 AM
Yes, I am so happy that E-Type has decided to stick to there traditional style instead of going euro-country. I wish e-type all the best on the new album and I can't wait to hear new material. Anyways there is nothing wrong with includeing 1 or 2 country-euro tracks on a new euro album. Traditionaly all of E-Type's albums have included "experimental" tracks anyways.
1st Reply
Andy
Posted 19-04-03 - 01:30 PM
Yeah, I agree with you. I like all of E-Type's material, but I am glad that he will do some more EuroDance/Pop. If he decides to put 1 or 2 EuroCountry, or Metal tunes on it, that's even better, cuz it will make the album more diversified, and would appeal to more people.
2nd Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 20-04-03 - 00:20 AM
I think that it is a very good move on E-Types part to make an album that he has had more experience with, but as everyone else said, it would also be very interesting to hear some metal tracks on it, to kind of liven things up a bit I guess.
I was very happy to hear about the new album and hopefully tour plans!....
I give E-Type all of the luck in the world on his new album and I will definetly be buying it when it comes out!!!!....
In Gods Name and God Bless,
Heather :)
3rd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 21-04-03 - 05:35 PM
^All three North Americans. Funny.

Anyway, I absolutely loved the metal versions and hope that at least some influence on the next album will be retained... but oh well, I guess we'll wait and see :)
4th Reply
mondano
Posted 21-04-03 - 10:38 PM
I think it would be awsome for E-Type to include euro-metal on the album. Euro-metal might (IMO) do well in North America not euro-country.

Anyways as I have said before it is not e-type's style that keeps him unpopular in North America it is his voice, which I love becaus eit is different.
5th Reply
Andy
Posted 22-04-03 - 01:35 AM // Updated 22-04-03 - 01:38 AM
LOL E-Type sounds like Backstreet Boys in his Ballads. Well, Except that he does not sound as "Wimpy" as Backstreet. No Offense to BSB.

Naaaah, It's not his voice. I mean, Shaggy has a "unique" voice, and he became very popular in US (especially with his Hotshot album).

What about Aqua. How unique did Lene's voice sound He He He. It's too bad that most people in US know them as " that cheesey Euro Barbie Girl band". They had some Awesome Ballads, like "Turn Back Time". Same goes for Eiffel 65 and their only hit in US "Blue"

Even if E-Type does hit it in US, most likely it will be with only one maybe two songs. Most Americans just don't see nor appreciate the Greatness of Eurodance/Pop music.
6th Reply
Andy
Posted 22-04-03 - 01:40 AM
Oh Yeah. Stockholm Records even gave more promotion to A-Teens in US than they give E-Type, A-Teens even released their 2 albums here.

How Sad is that?
7th Reply
mondano
Posted 22-04-03 - 09:48 PM
Andy:

From what I've gathered form other poeple that have heard E-type, it is his voice. I'm talking about the computerized version of his voice not his normal voice as in his ballads.

Aqua and Shaggy can actually sing live, like they do on there albums. E-Type a.k.a Martin does not sound the same live as on his albums. The style that E-Type makes music in is popular in Canada. Eurodance does very well in Canada, as well as in some parts of the US.
8th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 22-04-03 - 10:24 PM
Hey everyone,
Just today, my friend Courtney was listening to E-Type, and as everyone has said, it wasnt the beat that she didnt like, it was his voice. She has never heard a ballad, I like his voice on the fast tracks personally, just because he sounds unique and special in a different kind of way. That was what attracted me to his music, the first song that I heard was Russian Lullaby, and at first I laughed and thought it was strange. Then as I listened to it more and more the more that I absolutely LOVED it!!!!. I get made fun of so much for listening to E-Type and not the so - called " normal " music, like Ashanti, Eminem....etc....And the list goes on. But truly, I have always gone for the Euro dance/pop music because it is happy and it is different and I just love it!!!!. Especially E-Type hehe....
But my point is, people here in the U.S. just arent used to music like E-Types because it doesnt get any promotion over here and has kind of gotten the nickname " babyish or weird " and some other rude names that myself, and Im sure that a lot of other American Euro pop/dance listeners know about and dont appreciate either....But I think that if E-Type and other popular dance artists and or groups got promoted here better it would be a smash, and take away some of the attention of rap and punk, which are good, just not my style.
In Gods Name and God Bless,
9th Reply
mondano
Posted 24-04-03 - 00:16 AM
^^
Thank You AquariaGirl12!!!

That's is exactlly the point I was trying to make. I felt exactlly the same same way as you. The first song I heard by E-Type was "I Just Wanna Be With You" and I fell in love with his voice, because it was different.

Euro has always had a hard time in North America. Since 2000 when Trance became mainstream euro has been doing very well over here. Everything sounds more mature now, as group like aqua, erotic, toybox have been left behind.
10th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 24-04-03 - 10:12 PM
Hey,
Mondano, thanks for agreeing with me. I liked the groups AQUA and Toy - Box, whenever I was first starting to like Euro music. And I still do, although I prefer Toy-Box's first cd compared to their second one.
I am always trying to get Euro promoted here, I told the Dj at the skating rink, but so far, nothing. But the owner of the rink is a Dj himself, and he plays a lot of up beat music, and knows about The Vengaboys, so I told him about E-Type and he said that he would check it out.
But Im glad that you agreed with my point, thank you again.
In God Name and God Bless,
11th Reply
Andy
Posted 09-05-03 - 02:05 PM
I think it's sad that E-Type did not become famous in US. I mean if you look at it, Cheiron/Denis Pop produced many artists who became very popular in US, like Ace of Base, and of course Briney and Backstreet. Cheiron songs charted high in US.

I don't know, maybe for the promotional purposes E-Type should have collaborated with another artist. Some people might disagree, but I think it would have souned sooooo cool if Martin did some additional Vocals/Rap on Britney's "Stronger" track. Nana did some backup there. It would have given him some exposure in US market., and would have made the song even better too :-)

But then considering Britney's Reputation as a "Teen-Pop" star, maybe it would not have been such a good idea. I don't know
12th Reply
mondano
Posted 09-05-03 - 08:07 PM
NO WAY!!!

E-Type should never collaborate with the likes of Britney Spears/ BSB/ NSYNC, or any pop star for that matter. If people in the US and Canada don't like his style now then that's ok. To collaborate with POP stars would mean he really would sell out.

Remeber he make Euro music and they make Pop music there is a huge differance.
13th Reply
mondano
Posted 09-05-03 - 08:13 PM
Oh one more thing!

E-Type would do well to collaborate with other Euro artists. That would definately be respectable.
14th Reply
Andy
Posted 09-05-03 - 10:30 PM // Updated 09-05-03 - 10:31 PM
I see what you are saying, and I mostly agree.

But I was pretty specific. I think Britney's "Stronger" was a very Euro Oriented Track. E-Type's vocals would have added so much MORE to it. How about Bon Jovi's "It's My Life", that was also kind of an E-Typish song. Something Could have been put together there as well.
Back to entries

Go to top of page