» View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  hmm...
Daria
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 21-04-03 - 02:18 PM
Interesting, does Martin whenever reads the forum? :)
1st Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 21-04-03 - 04:49 PM
I don't know if he actually goes to read here on the forum, but I do know that he has visited this site and knows very well about it. It was also - at some point - mentioned on his official website (back when they didn't have the flash version of the site) that one of E-type's favourite links on the Internet was in fact this website, so I guess it has made an impact on him.

But unfortunately I can't say for sure if he does read the forum or not :)

/// Morten
webmaster
2nd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 21-04-03 - 05:33 PM
Johan Dereborn reads it though, and once in a while even posts here (if you piss him off enough, hehe). And that's the next best thing.
3rd Reply
Daria
Posted 23-04-03 - 11:47 AM
as we,russians, say: KROOTO! :)) it means smth like "cool!" :) Well, then using a possibility of THE POWER OF INET - send a "privet" to the hole band "E-type". :)
4th Reply
Azamat
Posted 25-04-03 - 08:08 AM
Yes, In those cases we talks also " tak crooto, chto bashnyu sryvaet" in english it sounds like " so cool, even head is unscrewing"
5th Reply
Michael
Temporarily disabled
Posted 30-04-03 - 07:20 PM
:) Let's speak Russian, yeah?
6th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 30-04-03 - 09:57 PM
Michael: There's a Russian forum for that

/// Morten
webmaster
7th Reply
Azamat
Posted 05-05-03 - 04:08 AM // Updated 05-05-03 - 09:52 AM
Great and powerful russian language forever!!!

(((Eh, ne ponimayut oni nas. ))) (I said there's a Russian forum for that!!)

Edited by NetRoam (Admin) on May 5th, 2003 at 09:52 AM CET
8th Reply
Azamat
Posted 06-05-03 - 03:36 AM
To Morten/ Take it easy, in previous message nothing terrible.

Azamat
9th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 06-05-03 - 09:34 AM
Azamat: It's a matter of principle ... a matter of rules ... If I see things that aren't supposed to be there, I'll edit the message and let people know about it ... that way they know that something was wrong, and then I don't really care if it's just a harmless little Russian sentence. It's still in a different language which only Russians can understand.

How would you feel if I started to write Danish in here?

I wouldn't do that because there's a Danish forum for that - not active though but it's there.

I just hope that you all will consider things through before posting messages. A message like Michael's "Let's speak Russian, yeah?" ... that made me kinda mad in a way even though it might have been meant for fun, because it shows how many Russian users we actually have and that they are about to take control over the board, and I DON'T want that to happen.

Hope you can understand what I'm saying here.

/// Morten
webmaster
10th Reply
Azamat
Posted 06-05-03 - 12:01 AM
Morten, I understand you. I ought to say that you didn't understand us. It was only joke. We won't take a control at this forum by writting of such messages.

Azamat
11th Reply
Daria
Posted 06-05-03 - 02:43 PM
Morten, we apologize for that russian speaking. But I did not have any idea to take control... :) I just wanted to sound my thought in Russian and translated it into english. But anyway, You are right - russian speaking ought to be on the Russian forum. I really like this site and these forums. :)
12th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 06-05-03 - 02:51 PM
Daria: It's not the Russian lines which were translated to English I was referring to, because that's alright. As long as everything is understandable for anyone who can read English.

What I was a bit negative about was the so-called joke, Michael made about "Let's speak Russian, yeah?" That joke could have been interpreted by other Russians as if they were going to write a lot of Russian a place where it's not supposed to be. And as I saw the Russian line Azamat posted WITHOUT an English explanation - that's what made me tell you all what I thought of it.

I hope you understand my reaction and that you'll keep respecting both me, the site and the rules of the forums.

Take care people!

/// Morten
webmaster
13th Reply
Azamat
Posted 07-05-03 - 04:19 AM
Morten, it's right that you keeping very strongly the rules. But, for your information, did you even saw the forum at Ace of Base? If not, that forum is multilingual (for examle: french, deutsch, espanish, brazil, russian, english there are available). All of visitors can write as they want. Webmaster is only observes. If someone has wrote something bad (religious feud, curse), so Webmaster interferes.
There is natural selection like by Darvin, if to be a honesty I don't support Darvin's work, but it's my own opinion. If someone used to write something bad regularly, in this case all ignore him (or her) in future.

Azamat
14th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 07-05-03 - 03:15 PM
Well, does this look like the Ace of Base forum to you? They might be a bit more open-minded with their forums than I am and that's fine.

I would gladly write in Danish in here if I wanted to, but the fact of the matter is that not many people will understand all the different languages which will make the users avoid the forums. Let's face it - Ace of Base IS mor well-known than E-type which also makes it easier just to let other people write in their own language, because they know that they can get other people from their own country to reply to them.

That's not the case with E-type. As you can see - the Swedish and Danish fans don't use our Swedish and Danish language forums which means that if I were to write a message here in Danish, I wouldn't get any feedback on it ... The fact that you have a Russian forum - basically to yourselves - is that it allows THIS particular forum to stay in English. My guess is that if you Russians started to "invade" (sorry for the word, but I hope you understand) this forum with all your Russian messages - all the other users from other countries who don't understand Russian will start to disappear, and I would really hate to see that happen.

So that's why I'm being a bit strict on the language-barrier at these forums and I seriously hope that you understand and respect my views on this matter. Call me anything you want, but the fact remains the same.

/// Morten
webmaster
15th Reply
Azamat
Posted 08-05-03 - 04:21 AM // Updated 08-05-03 - 04:22 AM
Morten, let's close ours discords. You're not against?
I understand you in case of keeping of your visitors.

And, what about lyrics of "Borschstjii"? Has you got my e-mail?
16th Reply
Daria
Posted 08-05-03 - 03:11 PM // Updated 08-05-03 - 03:13 PM
Morten, aha, I've understood Your reaction. :) You're right. But I'd really like to learn some interesting frases in Danish written in English - I collect frases of different countries. Oh, I'll go to non-E-type forum and ask there... :))
Back to entries

Go to top of page