» View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  fanpost
alyastra
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 21-04-03 - 06:30 PM
Just out of curiosity... has anyone ever sent a letter to Martin, and if so, did you get any feedback? Heard that he treats his fans at concerts with great joy, but its one thing at stage and another in real life. Does he even has time to read letters people send to him, I mean, does he care enough to send an autograph or couple of rows back, for example, if asked?
1st Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 21-04-03 - 06:49 PM
What I have experienced is that he takes his private life pretty seriously and that's why he never gives out his cell-phone number or e-mail address because he doesn't have time at all to sit and read fan mail from lots and lots of fans. I guess that's the case with most artists.

But if you meet him at a concert or a record signing he does take time to give you an autograph and maybe speak out a few sentences - get a photo taken with him or whatever!

At least that's what I have experienced!

/// Morten
webmaster
2nd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 21-04-03 - 08:49 PM
^

Ditto.

:D
3rd Reply
alyastra
Posted 22-04-03 - 08:23 PM
I ment a letters by post, actually, but never mind, thnx anyway Netroam:)

Wuts so funny, Flasther-T ?
4th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 22-04-03 - 08:37 PM
I guess it's the same, alyastra! No matter if it's e-mails or ordinary fan-mail, I guess it is the same thing we're talking about.

Time is very limited for an artist, so I doubt he can sit and read normal fan-letters all the time - and replying to them is not an option.

At least that's what I think. I have no idea how things really are :)

/// Morten
webmaster
5th Reply
alyastra
Posted 22-04-03 - 09:00 PM
About replying - that’s nonsense, undoubtfully, but lots of artists have autograph addresses, like DJ bobo or even the same Scooter and other. They must be hiring people to draw the graphs for them, I guess. Yea, I knew that all artists are busy all the time, even when asleep, just needed that someone actually told me that. I’m grateful you did, NetRoam...really am.
6th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 23-04-03 - 00:27 AM
I have actually tried receiving an autographed photo of DJ BoBo from his official website which is really cool.

And I would be soooo greatful if it was possible for me to be able to offer the same to E-type fans. Wouldn't that be great?

Anyway, as I said - that might be possible to arrange, if the higher status people around E-type find it a good idea, but then it wouldn't be a personal note people will get - it will be a standard photo with an autograph, like for example the one that the DJ BoBo crew sends out to interested fans.

I'm glad to hear you appreciated the answers. That's what I'm here for - to service and help out E-type fans in need :)

/// Morten
webmaster
7th Reply
Daria
Posted 23-04-03 - 01:09 PM
TO webmaster - I recieved an autograph from Mark Hamill's fan club about 4 years ago. And repeat Your words - a standard photo with an autograph and a sign Best to Dasha. It was cool. :)
But I think Martin haven't time even for eating! So it is really impossible for an artist to sit, read all the letters... In that way we would never hear his new songs. He would only write back to fans, and stop making music. :) Does anybody want this? ;)
8th Reply
Andy
Posted 23-04-03 - 08:00 PM
Private life you say, huh.

Does Martin ever appear on any Sweedish talk shows? Like in US we have David Letterman and Jay Leno (my personal favorite). What about in tabloids? Anyone know?

P.S. Man I was crazy about Bobo in mid 90's "Freeedom" Baby and "Let the Dream Come True". Still enjoy his music, even though it's more Pop than Euro now.
9th Reply
lynnp
Posted 07-05-03 - 11:40 PM
I think that a lot of artists are reluctant to reply to fan mail because it can become all-consuming. For instance, Margaret Mitchell, who wrote Gone With the Wind, only wrote that one book because she spent all of her time replying to fan mail. I think that's sad in a way because she could have written many more books, and more books would do more to benefit the greater good. i'm just speculating here, but perhaps E-Type feels the same way; he can either make new music or new albums, or he can respond to mail. It's probably a hard decision though...
Back to entries

Go to top of page