» Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries
Author Subject:  singing_songs
Daria
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 19-05-03 - 02:10 PM
Has anybody ever tried to sing like E-type does? :) I mean, how is it possible to pronounce frases SOOO quikly??? I tried today. I damaged my tongue. $:/// But the result was: now I'm able (well, really able not can) to sing a little bit faster then before... :)))" I just wanna be with You... "
1st Reply
Andy
Posted 19-05-03 - 05:14 PM
Yeah, E-Type does Rap pretty fast. Hard to follow what he's saying.

A bit of the Topic, but you should try Rapping like Scatman John did. Now I think that's even more tricky. You can get you tongue twisted that way.

"I'm the Scatman, Ski bi di bi di do bap dobap
Do ba do bap"
He He He :)
2nd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 19-05-03 - 05:41 PM
Scatman John is unique. You could probably train long and hard and be able to follow him, but not do something like that in a concert environment or even on your own, well.

As for E-type, he's pretty good at it but I can keep up with pretty much all the songs that have coherent lyrics (e.g. not the insets in So Dem A Com and Hold Your Horses). But then, I transcribe Bomfunk lyrics for fun ;)
3rd Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 20-05-03 - 00:18 AM
Ah yeah ... I must say I have had quite a lot of time to practice E-type's rap on most of his songs since I've been a fan for so long, so it's bound to pay off at some point, so it's great to stand at concerts and be able to sing all the verses and choruses along with E-type in the same speed. Especially a song like This Is The Way was tough to learn.

Flasher: You're right ... the insets of So Dem A Com and Hold Your Horses are tough to keep up with ... Loneliness was tough to learn too but I think I got it ... everything else also seems manageable for me by now :)

/// Morten
webmaster
4th Reply
Azamat
Posted 20-05-03 - 03:42 AM
I like to sing "I just wanna be with you" and "Calling your name". Sometimes it looks funny - if I'm loosing a temp and I laugh on itself.
5th Reply
Daria
Posted 20-05-03 - 03:00 PM
Well' I'm very glad - I'm not alone. :^)) And completely agree with NetRoam, that it is great, fantastic (!) to be able to sing with E-type on his concerts. I'd love this. :) By the way, Azamat, I also love "I just wanna be with You", and nobody can shut up my mouth when I sing. :))
Andy, I even not going to try repeat Scatman John. This undoubtly would be impossible for me. :)) My mouth doesn't fit for SUCH quik singing. :) E-type is easier... imho ^)
6th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 21-05-03 - 00:36 AM
Hey,
I have practiced for a long time rapping along to E-Type's songs. I think since I am kind of exposed to more rap music than is probably good for me, I have picked up a knack for it. I dont find it that hard to rap along with E-Type, but I understand how hard it always is at first....
I love his rapping parts....So cool.... :)
In Gods Name and God Bless,
Heather :)
7th Reply
Daria
Posted 23-05-03 - 12:51 AM
Heather, :)) don't forget - You speak English the hole of Your Life. And for me it's a fantastic achievement to rap with E-type at last couple of his hits. *proudly* :))) But I do it quite good. But not perfect, anyway... *a sigh*
8th Reply
Lena
Banned: 2 time(s)
Banned

Posted 23-05-03 - 09:21 PM
... I remember, Erika (from E-burg) tryed to sing E-type's songs in Russian. Where is Erika, by the way?
9th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 23-05-03 - 10:13 PM
Hey,
Daria, you are right, maybe it is easier for me to follow E-Type's songs because I have spoken English longer. But since you havent spoken English for as long as some people ( e-type included ) then you should be proud of yourself for being able to follow the words....
10th Reply
Michael
Temporarily disabled
Posted 24-05-03 - 04:45 PM
Now I'm training in rapping of This Is The Way, and I'm proud to say, that I can rap almost every Martin's song, especially Angels Crying and Set The World On Fire!!! (it's my favorite tunes to rap)
;)
11th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 29-05-03 - 10:37 AM
I guess E-Type is not singing that fast ...
Loneliness (ring the alarm) is a song where I have problems with to keep on singing along with it ...
But the other songs are very very good to follow

Quite funny that you ppl say that E-Type is rapping.
Then he would be making RAP SONGS ...
E-Type is just saying quite good words ... and its in my eyes NO rapping ...

bye bye
Arjen
12th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 29-05-03 - 06:09 PM
Michael,

When I went to see the Tour4Ever, there was a girl standing next to me in the front row who seemed extremely surprised that I could keep up with This Is The Way ;)

I guess if you listen to it all the time it comes naturaly :D
13th Reply
Michael
Temporarily disabled
Posted 31-05-03 - 11:52 AM // Updated 31-05-03 - 11:55 AM
This Is The Way on TourIVEver??? That's interesting... :) Maybe, I didn't understand you...

A.T.L.
saying quite good words = rapping :) Or, maybe, EuroRapping...
14th Reply
Andy
Posted 31-05-03 - 12:29 AM // Updated 31-05-03 - 12:30 AM
By the standards of American Rap E-Type is not really Rapping. THANK GOD that he does not sound like Eminem or Nelly or JaRule, cuz those Guys IOP can NOT Rap (they can't sing either)

E-Type's rap is EuroRap, which IOP sounds much Better :-)
15th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 31-05-03 - 09:24 PM
Hey,
Andy, you are ablolutely right!....I find E-Type's Euro Rap much better than American rap. The style is completely different, but I think that it makes a lot more sense....
16th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 08-06-03 - 07:34 PM
Yeah, actually the TourIVEver lineup only included like three songs from E4E... Life, Africa, and NorbyIVEver (if you can call it a song, it was just used as an intro). The rest were classics.

Heather, you should look at the real Euro rap - freestyle. Search for Bomfunk MCs, Flying Steps, Freestyle Project, etc
17th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 09-06-03 - 01:56 AM
Hey,
Flasher T, thanks for telling me about the other bands. Ill look them up soon!
18th Reply
Andy
Posted 09-06-03 - 03:18 AM // Updated 09-06-03 - 04:29 AM
Heather, If you want to hear some nice Fast Rap in EuroDance oriented songs (kind of like E-Type) I would check out these Acts if you haven't (They have tons of Great Uplifting Tunes):

1. Basic Element - Swedish Euro similar to E-Type
2. Ice Mc - Awesome EuroDance with Jamaican Reggae Rap
3. Masterboy - German EuroDance with Rap
4. DJ Bobo - his older stuff was real nice EuroDance with Great Rap, but now it's nice EuroPop with little Rap
5. La Bouche -German EuroDance/Pop, was very famous even in US
6. Real Mccoy/Maxx - Real Mccoy was Famous in US, but not Maxx
7. Solid Base - Swedish EuroDance and Dance Pop music.
Solid Base Sample from their Express album:
http://www.eurodanceworld.com/albums/solidbase_express.ram IT ROCKS!!!
More Solid Base Samples Here:
http://www.markski.com/markski/album_detail.cfm?index=673
8. 2 Brothers on the 4th Floor - Dutch EuroDance with Rap
9. 2 Unlimited - EuroDance and Rap, I think also Dutch

Man That's a Huge List, and there are tons more
-----------------------------------------------------------

But for a HARDER EuroRap (German) sound I would check out:
The Following are Very Different from the artists that I mentined above. It's more reminiscent of American Rap, but IOP Still Better:

Down Low "LA SERENISSIMA"
http://www.markski.com/ram/d70e6310-15a.ram

Down Low "SO LONG GOODBYE"
http://www.markski.com/ram/d70e6310-13a.ram

Down Low "JOHNNY B"
http://www.markski.com/ram/d70e6310-04a.ram

Another Good German Rap Group is C-Block (they are even BETTER than Down Low). Some of their TERRIFIC tunes are:

The Future is So Bright
So Strung Out
Time is Ticking Away
We Believe
My Life
Broken Wings

U can check Kazaa for these if you like :-)
19th Reply
Andy
Posted 09-06-03 - 03:46 AM // Updated 09-06-03 - 04:21 AM
Oh Yeah Heather,
and if you are Feeling Real NAUGHTY and want to hear some Fast Sex-Charged EuroDance songs with EURORAP and Awesome Melodies I would check out a German group called E-ROTIC. Now, most of their stuff is SEX-Oriented, but NOT All. Their Ballads are Very Romantic and their EuroReaggae songs sound like ACE OF BASE :-)

For Example one of their Naughty EuroDance trax is called "Max Dont't Have Sex With Your Ex", Man that's got some nice EuroRap in it.

They have like 7 albums!!!!! So there are TONS of Tunes to Choose and Pick from.

E-Rotic Song "Kiss Me" with Great EuroRap :-))))
http://www.markski.com/ram/c00dfd0f-01a.ram

More album Samples here:
http://www.markski.com/markski/album_detail.cfm?index=856
and here
http://www.markski.com/markski/album_detail.cfm?index=1710

MORTEN Sorry It's Off Topic, but these all have Great EuroRap and I like to sing these as much as I like to Sing E-Type tunes. Once Again Sorry.
That's about 70% of history of EuroDance and EuroRap Ha Ha Ha Ha

Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page