» Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Just counting
Raf_angel
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 15-06-03 - 07:14 PM
Hey Everyone,

I swear I was really bored today and a bit frustrated in the beginning (my internet wouldn't allow me to the etype.dk site) but when I eventually started hanging out I noticed something funny...
I counted that in the non-etype related forum you can almost see when there is an argument going on... just take a look at how many replies there are... (if they are above 8, most of the times *BINGO*)

I always like reading things people write because it gives me different perspective about things sometimes and maybe even ideas but I had to say I was actually a bit shocked when I read all the silly things going on...
We are here because we share a mutual feeling, we enjoy an artistic expression of someone... why treat each other as the enemy?
It just seems a bit silly to me..

xxx
1st Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 21-06-03 - 09:10 PM
Believe me, Raf_angel ... I have the exact same view of the matter as you have - but sometimes it just comes to those minor confrontations, and I'm sad that I'm always the one who has to be the bad guy in it all caused by the status I have on this website. Some confrontations come from spreading out rumours - others come from bad behaviour or illegal requests ... and I - as the webmaster - have to go into the discussion / conversation and state my own opinion, tell people right from wrong or tell about the rules that we set for this website and all that ... I'm just looking out for the best interests of the site and if some people don't exactly share the same views as mine, then it's all open for discussion.

Every person is entitled to have own opinions - but what I can't stand is when own opinions become obsessions, and friendly discussions then become hostile. As you say, Raf_angel, we're here because of our mutual interest which is E-type. Discussing topics related to E-type is great, but it should be possible for people to consider their opinions when reading other opinions and maybe say to themselves "Wait a minute. He might have a point here" - but when these discussions become hostile and people start to flame others, that's where I draw the line and I hope everyone understands that.

I'm really sorry, but as I've written many times before - I am the one responsible for this website along with my co-webmaster, Stingbat - and if we see things get way out of hand in discussions - we have to either lock the topic, so there can't be posted more replies in them, or we have to take action by banning someone temporarily.

Anyway, Raf_angel ... it is a very interesting fact you brought up, and I can't say anything else than I agree totally with you. I just hope that everyone else will see this topic as well and wonder about it all :)

Best regards

/// Morten
webmaster
2nd Reply
Raf_angel
Posted 24-06-03 - 08:16 AM
Thanx Morten
for your friendly reply...
Sorry for reacting so late, my grandmother died...
I was actually expecting other types of replies.. but your restored a bit of my faith in humanity ;)

Love
3rd Reply
Lena
Banned: 2 time(s)
Banned

Posted 07-07-03 - 08:54 PM
Hmmm... nice conversation! It reminds me of... ah, it doesn't matter!
Back to entries

Go to top of page