» Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Nana / Dee
Schloss
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 07-11-03 - 02:33 AM
Hiya all! :)

Guys, speaking honestly I'm shocked - at the moment I'm downloading the video for Angels Crying (Live @ Stadskampen) and what I saw in currently downloaded part has really shaken me - Nana and Dee on one stage!!! Those bastards (I mean TV-crew) don't even show Nana's face close-up!!! During all the performance we can see Dee's preciousnesses: breast and so on (sorry for being rude, girls :)
Nana as a back vocalist and Dee as the lead one? Isn't it unfair?

btw the same thing happened during their live performance in Rantarock. Dee's in front, Nana's in the shadow.

Does anyone of you guys know anything about Nana's solo career? Does she plan it at all?

Thanx and all the best!
1st Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 07-11-03 - 10:01 AM
Hey there!

It's true that Nana is in the background and Dee in the foreground on the Stadskampen performance ... but I have to say that Nana didn't perform at Rantarock in Finland ... if you're talking about the 1999 performance, the backup-vocalists at that performance are Annie Kratz-Gutå and Martina Edoff.

But I do agree with you that it's unfair that Dee is (pretends to be) the lead vocalist and Nana being the backup vocalist because it's really Nana's (or Annie & Martina's) voice(s) that we actually hear whereas Dee is merely pretending to sing on stage ... but my guess is that Dee is so much in the foreground dancing and acting simply to lure even more people to the concert ... Sorry to say this, but I think a lot of guys who might not like E-type's music before-hand would go see the concert knowing that Dee will be there so they can have something pretty to look at.

I, of course, don't just show up because of that but because I simply love E-type's music and he's the reason I'm there - not Dee.

About Nana's solo career I can only say what I know which is that she released a solo single back in 2000 by the name of Fame (the old Irene Cara classic) ... I'm not sure just how successful the single was, but after that single we didn't hear any more solo material from her ... but she instead started working more with other big artists such as Britney Spears, Celine Dion & Aqua!

What she's currently been up to I don't know, but I hope you got an idea of how things are :)

All the best,

/// Morten
webmaster
2nd Reply
Lena
Banned: 2 time(s)
Banned

Posted 10-11-03 - 09:26 AM
Oh, Schloss...
3rd Reply
Schloss
Posted 10-11-03 - 09:42 PM
2 Lena:

what, my smartest one?
4th Reply
Lena
Banned: 2 time(s)
Banned

Posted 11-11-03 - 09:13 AM
OK, if I’m the “smartest” one, then I must say, that every flying demon need to have black “chest”… so Dee’s “preciuosnesses”… hmmm…
5th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 12-11-03 - 00:34 AM
Hey,
I agree it is completely unfair by having Dee in front whenever she is not actually singing. If you want to read about Nana, e-mail me and I will send you my Biography about Nana.
About her solo career, I know about Fame and as of last May she sang on Celine Dion's newest album One Heart, and is doing some work on background vocals for other artists, I think based upon what I read, most record companies aren't supporting Nana's music because it is too suggestive or too truthful or something like that, she says in an interview that it is more important to consider what she is doing this very day than where her career is going in a while.
This is all opinion based, so I am not sure.
We will just have to wait and see, and hope that her amazing voice is on Martin's newest album!.
God Bless,
Heather :)
6th Reply
Arven
Posted 13-11-03 - 07:47 PM
Who can say why did Nana stop performing with E-type?
7th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 13-11-03 - 11:43 PM
Hey,
As far as I know, it was because of the little acknowledgment that she got on the Last Man Standing Album. I dont know if Dee lipsynching to her and of being in front at every concert, if anyone else knows then feel free to post. If I am in the least bit wrong, someone tell me.
In Gods Name and God Bless,
8th Reply
cooldj
Posted 14-11-03 - 08:50 PM // Updated 14-11-03 - 08:58 PM
if its true, heather, then i guess all we can say is oh well, e-type is a big boy he'll find a solution. Personaly i really hope its not metal but if so many people like that then maybe he should go that way after all.

P.S.:Netroam what was Nana's single's name?
9th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 16-11-03 - 07:33 PM
" Fame " by Nana D'Aquini ( not Hedin ).
:)
God Bless 4Always,
10th Reply
indian
Posted 02-12-03 - 09:03 AM
hey,here is THE VOICE homepage for anybody who wants to read about NANA.

www.nanahedin@com
11th Reply
Angel
Posted 02-12-03 - 12:11 AM
Hey Indian

I think you wrote it wrong.
it´s http://www.nanahedin.com
WOW, I can´t belive she has a website know, how could I have missed it?
Guys, you have to go here!!
And by the way...don´t you guys think it´s embarressing that Dee lipsynks?
And that Martin lets her?
Maybe that´s why Nana stopped working with them live......ever thought of that?
Thats what I would have done anyway.
But I think Nana has so much work to do with others that she simply doesn´t have the time.

See ya´!!

Angel
12th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 02-12-03 - 02:45 PM
I don't think it's embarassing, cause Dee is a dancer first and foremost... she _can_ sing, just not as well... and she wasn't part of the last tour either.
13th Reply
Yhanncarlo
Posted 03-12-03 - 01:10 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE NANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 06-12-03 - 08:17 PM
Hey,
SWEET!!!!! I tried to make a nana site but it never worked out.....
I love the video for FAme I didnt even know that thgere was one!!
Thanks!.
God Bless 4Always,
15th Reply
Arven
Posted 07-12-03 - 04:01 PM
Yeah, I'd like to agree that she simply doesn't have the time.
Back to entries

Go to top of page