» Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  E-type New Album?
cooldj
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 14-11-03 - 09:10 PM
HEy all!
in the news section it said that e-type's new album is going to be in his traditional e-type style. Well, i love the guy's songs but no two of my favorite artists/singers are from the same style of music, so now all of the sudden i'm concerned with music styles but havin ignored them for the last decade i have some catching up to do.
So what's etype's style, i know he did a little country and metal but that's certanly not the style of last man standing or that last one(euro4ever)?
1st Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 14-11-03 - 11:25 PM
Well ... let's just say that if you have heard all of E-type's albums you will know that he has a special sound to his music and that's what is meant by a traditional E-type album. I suppose it could be a bit like Euro IV Ever but I don't know - we have to wait and see.

The reason why we wrote it to be a traditional E-type album is because there WAS talk about releasing a live cd with a concert from the Euro Metal Tour but that was never done - and there was also talk about Johan Dereborn and Martin Eriksson (not E-type) to start up a country project but I don't know what happened to that!

So basically that's it, I guess ... Hope it helped a bit :)

/// Morten
webmaster
2nd Reply
mondano
Posted 16-11-03 - 00:50 AM
Hey Cooldj!

If you listen to all of the singles E-Type has released over the past decade you would know that his style of music is most definatley Eurodance.
The title of his last album "Euro IV Ever" isn't just a fluke. "Angels Crying, Life, Russian Lullaby, Set The World On Fire, When I Close My Eyes, Hold Your Horses, Until The End, Will I See You Again etc." are all examples of eurodance.

What makes E-Type such a great artist is that fact that he is a crossover artist, mixing Trance, Rock, Country and Pop, into his eurodance style. But this is also what makes euro dance what it is, there are no boundaries.

3rd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 16-11-03 - 10:54 AM
Umm... mondano... actually the title is in fact a fluke.... :) it was supposed to be called Eurofighter ;)
4th Reply
Andy
Posted 19-11-03 - 02:37 AM
Well it's all got Euro in it, meaning EuroDance sound.

I'm glad it wasn't called Eurofighter, cuz that's kind of Cheesey He He He :)
5th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 19-11-03 - 02:07 PM
And Euro IV Ever isn't? :S

Eurofighter was very much in keeping with the tradition of naming albums (Last Man Standing, The Explorer). It had meaning to it. Euro IV Ever is a quick fix, and doesn't sound like E-type to begin with.
6th Reply
cooldj
Posted 21-11-03 - 05:42 PM
i'm probably going to piss flasher off :), but maybe he is saying in the title that euro (dance or whatever) is going to be his style forever, kinda goes with him only performing in europe this summer :) (just a joke no hard feelings)
7th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 21-11-03 - 06:24 PM
Umm... I don't think so, actually. If that's the case, why did he release that album and THEN set up the Metal tour?
8th Reply
cooldj
Posted 21-11-03 - 09:20 PM // Updated 21-11-03 - 09:33 PM
its a pun, i was just commenting that he didn't perform outside europe this summer (u know, euro ->europe, forever), so to go with my joke: he supported the name of the album by following it up with metal tour. Well, tecnically he never did since ukraine, latvia , russia are part of europe (judging from tour section of the website), originally i meant denmark sweeden and finland. In any case it takes a lot of resourses to do a tour outside europe, its all good as long as he comes out with that cd soon :)
9th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 25-11-03 - 10:19 AM
I guess we should distinguish between Scandinavia and Europe ;)

Last major performance in Europe excluding Scandinavia was... hmmm... I guess, the opening of the Euro Cup in 2000 :D (I even have a tape of it somewhere)
10th Reply
cooldj
Posted 25-11-03 - 09:40 PM
whatever man, my wording is correct and my pun makes sence (u have to have the last word don't u)
11th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 26-11-03 - 06:23 PM
Yes, yes I do. :p ;)
12th Reply
alyastra
Posted 28-11-03 - 11:13 AM
Well.. Im just wondering... My favourites and songs why i love E-Type the most are
Calling Your Name
Star
Ill always be around
Walk away
and some other slow ballads. What is that style called? I like all the fast songs too, but these have become special, cause they never wear out.
What is That stile called? Any suggestions?
13th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 28-11-03 - 11:19 AM
Well, I suppose most of the tracks can be labeled as pop ballads - so my guess would be pop!

Calling your name though is still a bit in the dance-genre even though it's not as fast as the other tracks - maybe we could call it dance pop? :D

/// Morten
14th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 28-11-03 - 03:26 PM
I'd just say ballad :)

Do you like Eagle-Eye Cherry? Not exactly the same thing but if you like those songs you'll probably like Eagle-eye.
15th Reply
Andy
Posted 29-11-03 - 02:50 AM // Updated 29-11-03 - 02:52 AM
Well E-Type did many genres,
from Pop Style (e.g. Backstreet Boys, AOB),
to EuroDance (e.g Bobo/Masterboy)- fast beat, male rap, female Vocals
to EuroReggae (e.g Dr.Alban/Herbie/AOB),
to Country (e.g. Rednex)
to Rock to Metal.....
and that Progressive Trance track "So Far Away" on LMS was Sweeeeet;)

Yet he retains that E-type-ness :)
16th Reply
Angel
Posted 02-12-03 - 12:14 AM // Updated 02-12-03 - 02:07 PM
Hey guys!

Nana Hedin has her own website out!
http://www.nanahedin.com

/Angel

-------------------------------------
Webmaster's comments
-------------------------------------
Hey Angel!

Please keep to the topic - as far as I can see - this topic is about E-type's new album and doesn't involve Nana Hedin - please be aware of that the next time, ok? :)

/// Morten
webmaster

Edited by NetRoam (Admin) on December 2nd, 2003 at 02:07 PM CET
Back to entries

Go to top of page