Message Board
  » Board rules
  » Enter board

Guestbook
  » View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Danish Tunes Continued.
Andy
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 19-11-03 - 02:43 AM
Well Morten, I'm Back :)
I only Recently bought INFERNAL "Muzaik" album, and it is AWESOME. Great Tunes all the way Through: dance/Trance and Pop. Simply an Awesome Album, very similar to DJ Encore's, but a bit more Exotic in sound :)

But, I was Extremely dissapointed in Hampenberg's "Duck Off" Album. I only liked 3 songs on it (Don't Lie to Me, Away from Home and Smile). "Take COntrol" is OK. It has too Many Instrumentals on it, and that "Duck" song was Annoying and stupid :(
1st Reply
Andy
Posted 19-11-03 - 02:52 AM // Updated 19-11-03 - 02:53 AM
Oh yeah,
The new TUKAN single got released called "Wonder of Life" and it is a Great Vocal Trance tune :)
These guys really ought to release an album:)
www.tukan-online.com

And there are a few tunes from Lene Nystrom's album that I like. It's ROCK, but I wish it had some Trance in there. I think Her voice is very Nice on the album, No more Helium :) How is it doing in Denmark? Good/Bad?
2nd Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 19-11-03 - 01:22 PM
I agree with you that a few of the tracks from the "Duck Off" album aren't the best that Hampenberg has made... Their first album was a lot better I think... The 3 songs you mention are all great tracks but I also include Take Control (I really love the instruments on this one) and Been There Done That (This is really a CUTE track) :)

I haven't yet heard the Tukan song, but I'll look out for it so I get a chance to hear it.

In my opinion I'm pretty disappointed with Lene Nyström's album... I heard it through once and that was more than enough... I agree there is a track or two that's decent for hearing, but the rest is really not something I want to listen to.
Her album was no. 30 on the Album top 40 of Denmark in week 41 but went out of the top 40 already the week after and never returned, so I doubt it is a huge success here.
3rd Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 20-11-03 - 12:44 AM
Just read in the Danish media today that Lene Nyström has only sold about 13.000 copies of her album ... 6.000 in Denmark and 7.000 in Norway ... so I guess compared to Aqua this is really a disappointing sale
4th Reply
Andy
Posted 20-11-03 - 05:49 PM // Updated 20-11-03 - 05:58 PM
That's sad.
I read a lot of Bad Reviews on the Net, even on her fansite I think :(

I heard short sound samples of all songs (album is not released in US).
"Pretty Young Thing" and "Bad Coffee Day" sounded like good songs. Also the last track "Scream" sounded like a Great slow track. The rest sounded between OK and Poor, but with more listens I might like more songs. It has some of that "No Doubt" sound in it and if released in US would have a lot of Competition from dozens of Rock artists here. Sound is not Very Innovative, as opposed to what Aqua had (for US market at least)

Who wrote songs for her? Is she still married to one of the Aqua guys.

Did any of the Aqua guys release solos? I don't care about Rene Dif, but the other 2?

I think poor sales might be due to Poor promotion worldwide by Universal (Maybe)
5th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 23-11-03 - 03:14 AM
"Pretty young thing" is also a really nice track - one of the few that I like!

I don't know though who wrote songs for her - I suppose it's a few UK producers but I don't know!

Yes, she's still married to Søren, and he's still in the music business - though retired from the spotlight ... he's now earning a living writing music for others - don't know for who though

Claus has retired from the spotlight as well - got married to his girlfriend - got a child and I suppose he's a family man now!
Back to entries

Go to top of page