» View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Meaning of LPSL
mondano
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 26-03-04 - 10:33 PM
Well I tried to search for E-Type songs via the web (I know that was stupid) and I typed in Loud Pipes Save Lives. All that came up was a buch of motorcycle pages, so I read a bunch of them. Well it turns out that motorcycle enthusiasts feel that haveing a loud exhaust pipe, gives other motorists a warning that a motorcyle is near by, so that they are more aware. This ruduces the number of accidents involveing motorcycles and less deaths.

I guess the message I get from the title is next time you or someone else hears a loud "annoying" motorcycle whizz by, remeber that there is a reason the are loud.

I'm not sure I agree with this message but it dose make some sense.
1st Reply
Flasher T
Posted 27-03-04 - 02:12 PM
Haven't we been through this? :)

That's the obvious reference, but I'm sure there's more to it... Just one example, "pipes" as in windpipes is often a way of referring to a singer's lung capacity and vocal talent, meaning how high a note they can reach and how long they can hold it.
2nd Reply
gussie
Posted 25-04-04 - 11:31 AM // Updated 25-04-04 - 11:38 AM
I like your translation of the album title's meaning.

If you look at the album cover, you can see a custom "chopper" (a.k.a. custom motorcycle). The exhaust pipes are almost at a 90 degree angle pointing in the air.

That's so they can blast smoke in those huge SUV's windows.

"Loud Pipes Annoy Other Drivers"
3rd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 25-04-04 - 03:49 PM
That's actually Martin's own chopper, if you didn't know. :) And, are you sure you mean the album cover? I'm looking at it right now, and the exhaust is not seen here. I see the two swords acting as the seat back, and if you look at the back of the sleeve you can get a better view, the blades are twisted over the rear fender and they go down all the way to the wheel hub. In fact, the pic at the Independent MC website shows the exhaust on a usual low level, under the hub of the wheel. Oh, and it's a straight pipe - no muffler. That would make it pretty loud all right. :D

http://www.independentmc.com/martin/images/marre.jpg
4th Reply
gussie
Posted 26-04-04 - 00:22 AM
Now that I see the full picture on independentmc it makes more sense. The album cover seems to be digitally manipulated; the swords look more like exhaust pipes on there. They also don't appear to raise and cross from the rear fender, instead they look like they are coming from the left side of the bike. Unless these are two different bikes? I dunno.
Back to entries

Go to top of page