» View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  "Lost And Goodbye" Remix
rynchan
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 17-04-04 - 11:52 PM
I'm posting this here because I'd like to hear peoples' opinions on this (and some people here have actually met E-type or people at his record label)...

I was listening to the album over and over (while I wait to get the real article when my birthday roles around at the beginning of next month *gets impatient*), and thought "Lost And Goodybe" was a really awesome track to end the CD with, and sounds different from all of what E-type's done before.

The fact that it came right after "Rain" and "If Heaven Were To Fall" got me thinking, though...what if "Lost And Goodybe" was a dance song, or remixed into a dance song?

Well, for those familar with music: for starters, it's in 6/8 time, which means 6 beats per measure with the eigth note getting one beat. It's like a waltz, but played as 1-2-3-4-5-6, 1-2-3-4-5-6, repeat...but it'd be easy to switch the fast 6/8 tempo to a slow 4/4 tempo (where there is four beats per measure and the quarter note gets one beat) by putting each beat of a 4/4 measure on the 1 and 4 beats in a two measure space in 6/8 time. When you do that, you keep the same vocal speed (though in reality it's written out much slower) and you can add a dance beat that's twice that speed, so the vocals don't seem rushed but they're over a much more danceable beat.

That being said, I can envision the start of the song (the first verse) as it is now, and then when he gets to the first time he sings the part that begins with "When love fades away..." you could start the bassdrum beat in 4/4 time with some subtle synths/backing vocals in the background, and then full-on eurodance/trance at the chorus ("You are lost...you are lost..."), with instrumentation similar to the preceeding songs "Rain" and "If Heaven Were To Fall". Then, instead of the organ line that follows the chorus, have some synth riff, and then back to the second verse and pre-chorus, only this time with full eurodrums and synths, then the chorus, and then a brief synth interlude, perhaps with the prechorus (When love fades away...) with no drums but maybe a more intricate backing vocal arrangement. Lastly, we go back to the chorus and repeat and fade out.

It would make an awesome remix, maybe for a bonus track on an international version of the CD (*crosses fingers for a Canadian and/or American release), or a bonus track on the next single ("Camilla" or "Predator" hopefully).

If anyone has any questions (especially as I probably didn't explain some of it too well), feel free to get in touch with me on AIM (NekoRynChan), Y!M (nekorynchan) or through the forum.

Ciao4Now,
Ryn
1st Reply
Flasher T
Posted 20-04-04 - 08:30 AM
Dude... you seem to know what you're doing - go for it ;)

I'm sure if you create it Morten would host it up here. I do agree that Lost and Goodbye could possibly be remixed very well.
2nd Reply
dellers
Posted 20-04-04 - 12:56 AM
Hehe it would be cool!!
3rd Reply
rynchan
Posted 21-04-04 - 09:25 AM
I would definitely do it if I had the equipment to do it...and it's also hard to remix a song if you don't have the raw vocal tracks (cause then you have to use the existing track, which is not just the vocals but the drums and keyboards and everything else)...but if there's someone here who has the raw vocal tracks or has experience remixing I think it'd be really cool to try. :)

Ryn
4th Reply
Stingbat
Co-webmaster
Administrator

Posted 26-04-04 - 07:38 PM
Hey rynchan!

Quite interesting idea :)

About getting the raw tracks (each vocal, instrument etc.), I guess it could be possible to get.

You probably need to sign some agreement to one of the studios, in order to get it - and besides, it's copyrighted, so you need permission to publish it. But that is of course, also possible to get done.

As far as the recordings of Loud Pipes Save Lives, it has taken place in the following studios:
- Maratone Studios
- LaCarr Studios
- (and mainly in) PHM Studio

I have also though about making some remix or mixes myself, but haven't got time to do more about it. But we can be in touch about it, if you need any help or something.

Take care!

/// Stingbat
co-wm
Back to entries

Go to top of page