Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Reaction please!
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 24-04-04 - 10:21 AM
Tell me people ...
I am really wondering what is going on ...
is E-Type not the hitmachine which he was anymore?!

In the 5th week E-Type goes down from in the single sales chart from place 7 to the 12th, and the album goes down from place 4 to the 7th place (in the 4th week) ...

It lookst like the power is gone?!
It looks like that our dear friend is not that good anymore as he was before, that he never had to leave his sound and change it for the normal poppy dance?
or
Do we have to wait for the 2nd single, which maybe does the same as we saw with the album The Explorer?

Greetz,
Arjen

ps:
just to open the discussion, not to get the complete
crew again against me :P
1st Reply
Schloss
Posted 24-04-04 - 01:11 PM
Probably now I will say something that will be not pleasant for someone's ears and will be beaten by the others, but...

In my opinion new album is not that great as any previous was. This is what I already told to some people from this forum in private communication via e-mail.

You know when I first listened to "Paradise" on Melodifestivalen site in low quality, it seemed to me as another big hit written by Martin, then I got the whole album and..... hell..... guys, it is way too POP :( Most people including me expected it will be something like The Explorer or any other....

For me personally there is no song on this album which would be as good as "Life" for example. You just listen to the beginning of Extended Version of Paradise - doesn't it remind you Life Extended? I guess it really does.
"The Original You" is just the try to make a song similar to "Loneliness - Ring The Alarm".

---------------------------------------------
LPSL imho is the worst album in E-type's discography
---------------------------------------------
Probably that is why E-type is not on the top of charts this time and his new releases neither.

Tastes differ (I know it!) but anyway I would like all of you to be objective in your point of view. Please don't say "you're wrong" just because songs were written by your idol. Martin could and can write songs much much much better than these ones... Unfortunately he only could, but he didn't.

If you really think I am mistaken, well... I'm ready to be eaten :)))
2nd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 24-04-04 - 06:59 PM
I don't agree. I definitely find LPSL to be better than E4E. Yes, Martin will probably never write anything better than Free Like A Flying Demon (best song ever IMO), but the new album is full of diverse, genuinely exciting songs. While a lot of songs on E4E sounded roughly the same (not that they were bad songs though), everything on LPSL is different. In fact, Far Up In The Air is the only track that didn't get me extremely excited once I heard it, and it's grown on me since.

Original You is in much the same vein as Loneliness, but then, he had Princess of Egypt on LMS, When Religion Comes To Town before that, etc. It's his MO to have one reggae-influenced song per album. They're all sufficiently different.
3rd Reply
Ekaterina
Posted 25-04-04 - 06:54 PM
Well, I agree with you that most people expected it will be something like The Explorer . I thought that it would be more metal album.And when I heard "Paradise" I was a little bit disappointed

BUT I can not say that is the worst E-TYPE 's album.
In the whole album is great.
I don't want continue because it is an infinite theme.
Different people-different tastes:)

4th Reply
Arven
Posted 25-04-04 - 08:29 PM
*Different people-different tastes:)*
Golden words! ;)

Hey people, LPSL is great! Well, probably it's not the best E-type's album BUT it's not the worst at the same time. I adore almost all its songs (If Heaven Were To Fall, Paradise and Far Up In The Air are awesome btw :) and I don't think that they are worse than Life or Free Like A Flying Demon (though Life imo is one of the best songs ever written :).

I guess we really have to wait for the second single.

Back to entries

Go to top of page