Message Board
  » Board rules
  » Enter board

Guestbook
  » View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Second single - your ideas?
Flasher T
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 26-04-04 - 10:34 AM
You guys knew this was coming. :)

Which track from LPSL do you think will be the second single? Which do you feel SHOULD be the second single?

I expect it to be Camilla, but I think it really ought to be Forever More or Rain.
1st Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 26-04-04 - 06:09 PM
I would have to go with my first instinct and hope for that matter which is Camilla but I also find Rain a suitable single or Dans La Fantasie. I know DLF sounds like a Kate Ryan song but there IS a reason why Desenchantée and other Kate Ryan songs became huge hits, right?

/// Morten
webmaster
2nd Reply
mondano
Posted 27-04-04 - 05:35 PM
I think it will and should be camilla. Camillia is by far my favorite tune on the album. Although E-Type never released my favorite song on E4E which was Time, these songs are so full of energy. IMO opinion he can only go wrong with 2 songs on LPSP, Forever More and Lost And Goodbye. My top 3 pics as the next single would be:

1. Camilla
2. Dans La Fantasie
3. Rain

I love Forever More now, but it took me a few listens to really like it. This track is what I call one of E-Type's experimental tracks. Dark devilish vocals combined with operetic vocals interesting but strange. This has been tried before by groups like E-Nomine and D-Devils. I also find Forever More lacks a killer tune that would stick in your head, not typical of e-type at all. The baseline is kinda plain IMO.

I really do like Lost and Goodbye, it is such a good song. The only problem is it's a ballad which E-Type is not famous for. He is famous for Euro. Lesser E-Type fans might feel he would be going to backstreet boyish.
3rd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 28-04-04 - 01:54 PM
When I heard Lost and Goodbye, I instantly thought of Al Green. It's very obviously influenced by American soul, and while it's not quite as good as Star, as ballads go, it's still a great song.

Forever More is extremely good, probably won't work as well as a single, but for myself it is comes very close to Demon. In fact, although people keep talking about how LPSL is extremely Euro, I think it harks back to The Explorer in a very good way. I think we have a sort of image in our head of Explorer being something back in the day, when everything was different, and E-type was much more hardcore - but if you compare the sound objectively, LPSL is not hugely deviated towards Euro from The Explorer.
4th Reply
Yhanncarlo
Posted 28-04-04 - 03:10 PM
One question....whos the girl whos singing in the song "Dans La Fantasie" ?? it REALLY does sounds like Kate Ryan!!!!! im like 80 % that its her voice!!!!
5th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 28-04-04 - 04:05 PM
It's Jeanette Von Der Burg in the "Dans La Fantasie" song :)
6th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 01-05-04 - 01:22 PM
Hey Morten and the rest ...

Wanna say that my Kate Ryan idea is still keeping up here hahaha :)

Anduh ...
Camilla can be first single from LPSL in Netherlands
read www.etype.nl ... hopefully this beautifull
young girl can get what she wants!!!

I prever the Preditor or Desenchentee 2 ;) as new singles! Biggest hit pottention!

see ya
Arjen
7th Reply
Rallycar
Posted 01-05-04 - 07:35 PM
I like Forever More next, or Camilla
8th Reply
Yhanncarlo
Posted 02-05-04 - 01:34 AM
Never heard of the dutch singer Lauren before...
9th Reply
Schloss
Posted 02-05-04 - 03:34 AM
I personally don't mind any song of the new album to be released as a next single. I only hope the dj's won't spoil it with remixing, like it was before when we had absolutely terrible remixes for example of Free Like A Flying Demon or Calling Your Name.

Hey, this could be a great new topic, by the way! :) The subject - "what is the worst E-type's remix/single in your opinion?" :)

As I already said any song is OK to be next single for me, but..... Mr. Ericsson, I'm begging you - please don't do anything with "Forever More" :)))) Leave this song in peace :))))
10th Reply
Danny
Posted 03-05-04 - 08:38 AM
Hey Morten, little correction, it is Anna Nordell who sings the french vocals on "Dans la Fantasie", Jeannette sings on "Camilla" & "The original You".
11th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 03-05-04 - 11:34 AM
That's right Danny - guess I thought about the producer who also is a "Von Der Burg" so I thought Jeanette would sing it - I didn't check the booklet when I wrote it as I was at work, so that's why! :)
12th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 09-05-04 - 09:50 PM
Eeuh ... I LOVE REMIXES :)
Especially:
- Waterdreamix
- Yetin & Max Mix
and the remix of Paradise ... they are damned good :)
Also good remixes on Princess Of Egypt and Here I Go Again and Hold Your Horses :)

So please remix the songs :) cause they can
never be bad in the mix :)

see ya
Arjen

ps:
Camilla will be next single for sure ...
would be strange ... that the 5th album will have different release things like 2nd, 3rd and 4rd :P

see ya
Arjen
13th Reply
Azamat
Posted 11-05-04 - 05:08 AM // Updated 11-05-04 - 05:09 AM
I like such songs as Camilla, Predator, Forever more, Far up in the air more than others.
Back to entries

Go to top of page