Back to entries
Author Subject:  Eurovision
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 16-05-04 - 07:32 PM
Hello there!!!

How did you like the Eurovision songcontest winner????

To the ones who don't know, it was Ukraina's Ruslana with her song "Wild Dance"

They had the most amazing show. and I heard they had been hitting their feet so hard on the floor in the practice, that the stage had split ;)

in my opinion the right song won this year. Although I also loved Albania's song. And I loved the band who performed for Turkey, even though I never thought they'd do so well...

Anyway, looking forward for your opinions...

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
1st Reply
Phoenix
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 16-05-04 - 08:15 PM
We've just been talking about it in the Russian forum. Yeah, I agree, this year the right person won. And, yes, the stage, that was made from glass, wasn’t used to their wild dances :D

I have Ruslana's album, and have to say that the album is even better than the song she wrote for Eurovision. This music kept me going when I was ready to give up. It's amazing. Its energy and drive are contagious. This music was created from gusts of a zealous wind, from freedom of mountainous paths, from whispers of the forest and from rain’s laughter.
The lyrics are exquisite. Especially “I know” (about mountains) and “The Northern girl” (about the warrior girl.). Sometimes I feel that this music was written for people with interests and spiritual values similar to mine. This is one of the few albums that I would freely take with me into the mountains or the forest, without a doubt that this music is as much ALIVE as the forest that surrounds me. IMHO, it’s a must in CD collection, even for those who don’t know the language ;) (I could translate the texts for you, when I have time.)
Back to entries

Go to top of page