» View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Singles in swedish
Xelix
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 29-01-07 - 06:35 PM
I don't know, has E-Type any singles in swedish? To my mind, it might be good idea to translate E-Type hist aka Life, Africa, Angels crying, Paradise and other to swedish. Probably it will be good album :)

P.S. I was searching similar topic in old entires, but cat'n find the one. If it however is ) take my excuses
1st Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 30-01-07 - 10:44 PM
I don't believe there has ever been any E-type singles in Swedish. He's always made songs in English although I don't know if he's done or released songs under his real name of Martin Eriksson which were in Swedish. I do know though that he's co-written a soundtrack called Birka but that was mostly instrumental tracks.

I must admit that I haven't really thought of E-type's songs being performed in Swedish. To me they would sound a bit weird but I'm willing to change my mind if someone should make a cover version in Swedish that would sound awesome! :)

/// Morten
webmaster
2nd Reply
Xelix
Posted 01-02-07 - 09:10 PM
Anyway, we must thank E-Type for his constancy. Even after 14 years since his first single, Martin has his own music style and, as it so oddly sound's, his style of changing styles :) For example, we found fast rhythms and keys in the "Made in Sweden", and the second album "The Explorer" meets us with guitars. And the "Last man standing" mixes this styles: under medieval cover we found dance rhythms.
To the subject of this topic: it may be bacause of Martin wants to conquer whole World with his songs. Thats why he "choose" an international language.
3rd Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 03-02-07 - 08:08 PM
Oeh, I can make a frisian song for him ;) hihi :)

Ofcourse he made one song in the France language
and made the song ES IST NIE VORBEI together with Blumchen ...
Maybe it IS kinda good idea to make something
in Swedish ... I guess it would be amazing ...

If a lill fool like Basshunter can make a huge hit with such a song like BOTEN ANNA why couldn't E-Type make a huge hit ?! :) huh :)

Its still sad that his biggest hit here was CAMPIONE while that was, in my eyes, his worst song after BANCA BANCA!! :)
4th Reply
Xelix
Posted 02-03-07 - 07:21 PM
Agree with you.
By the way, it's an intresing idea for E-Type to make double-language song in English and... Ukrainian. Really, why not? ) I convinced that for big number of european people it is some kind of exotic language. IMHO, of course. Certainly, the main problem to realise this will be to find a girl with good voice and which knows Ukrainian ) in Sweden.
However, it's just my thought. It's a reserve plane for cases if E-Type won't to make song in English-Swedish for some reson ;)
5th Reply
mondano
Posted 31-03-07 - 03:08 AM
To the idea of double language songs....

German artist Sash! does it all the time, although it's much easier for him as he doesn't usually sing his own music, but he has gained worldwide success/fame including here in Canada, which is remarkable for a dance artist. For Sash! the key to his success is collaborations from artist from Boy George to Bristish Opera Singer (Actually my mom's favorite artist), Sarah Brightman. Some of his multi language songs include:

The Trip (Feat Inka) Finnish
Adelante (Faet. Peter Fualhammer) Spanish
Equadore (Feat Rodruigez) Spanish
Encore Une Fois (Feat Sabine Ohmes) French
Ganbareh (Sash! himself) Japenese
Together Again (Feat Bla Ojne) Finnish

5 out of 6 of these songs have been massive hits worldwide.
6th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 31-03-07 - 08:51 AM
LOL, then Netherlands does not belongs to the world,
only 2 of them were a hit!

Example from the Netherlands with huge hits:
Maco Borsato! He made a song with Andrea Bocelli
Also very cool :)

greetz
7th Reply
Stingbat
Co-webmaster
Administrator

Posted 08-04-07 - 06:35 PM
"... Together Again (Feat Bla Ojne) Finnish ..."

Just wanted to correct you, but Together Again is NOT in Finnish, but in Danish.
The female singer is Julie Rugaard, also known as "Blå Øjne" (http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Rugaard).

/// Stingbat
co-webmaster
8th Reply
mondano
Posted 16-04-07 - 02:15 AM
LOL, ok, ok so I was guessing on the languages. I only speak English and some French (Canada's second language). I can also understand some Polish and German but very little.

The point was that if Sash! can produce multi-language songs and be very successful at it, I don't see why E-Type couldn't as well. I think "Dans La Fantasie" would have been a massive hit, possibly in Canada as well with promotion due to the French aspect and limited E-Type vocals. With 6 albums under his belt and the amount of experimentation he does I'm surprised he's only had 2 multi-language songs, the other being "Es Ist Nie Vorbie," which is technically a Blumchen song feat. E-Type.

P.S So what language is Sash's "The Trip feta. Inka"
9th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 16-04-07 - 11:00 AM
I just saw the lyrics for The Trip feat. Inka. It looks a lot like Finnish, so I think you're right about that one :)

You're right that it could have been cool to have more multi-language songs from E-type, but then again - that's not exactly the kind of songs he's famous for, but I agree that a song like Dans La Fantasie could have been a great hit in Canada or France or anywhere where they speak French in general ;)
10th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 10-05-07 - 09:44 PM
Henkien
Kultamatkani on
Lauluni voima
Kuolematon
Kerronko sulle - salaisuuden
Taakse sut kantaa
Se tähtien
Ahaa

that really is Finnish :) "My golden journey of the spirits is the immortal force of my song. Shall I tell you a secret - it will carry you beyond the stars"

just felt like translating. What's up otherwise? Was out of reach for a year here - still remembered the password, I'm amazed...

///Myra
Back to entries

Go to top of page