Message Board
  » Board rules
  » Enter board

Guestbook
  » View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Development-story (2001-2007)
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 28-08-07 - 02:26 PM
It's no secret that our current design which was heavily inspired by the Greatest Hits album has been online for a looong time, and if you ask me - it's been online for too long as well. It was uploaded on March 7th, 2000 which means it's been online for almost 7½ years now. It's bad, I know, but here's why it was never replaced.

Ever since sometime in 2002-2003 I have thought to myself that we will soon need to have a new design online here at www.etype.dk. Unfortunately everytime I have really wanted to sit down and work on a new site, I have always been interrupted by something else or not had the necessary time to really get to work on it properly.

In 2002-2003 I was still studying to become a multimedia designer, and back then we had a lot of school projects with short deadlines that had to be kept, so even though I may have felt inspired, it just wasn't possible to do anything about it, since I always had so many tasks to do with my education.

Since the Summer of 2003 until now I have had a full time job as a computer executive at a transporting company. A job which, of course, takes its toll on me in the everyday life. Most evenings after I return home from work, I mostly feel so uninspired and tired that I tend to do other things. Apart from that I also had a girlfriend for 3 years from 2003-2006 who weren't that keen on the idea of me sitting by the computer doing "geeky" things. This was a time of my life that I kinda regret a bit, since I shouldn't have made it last for that long. Luckily I can look forward now :)

During the above mentioned period of time I actually DID try to do a few designs for the new and improved www.etype.dk, and I actually thought I had chosen the design that we wanted to have. Unfortunately a year or two without any work being done to it made me realize how out-dated it had become, so it was scrapped again.

Since the start of 2007 Stingbat and I have been in serious dialogue about the new site, and we have been discussing site structure, features, community and such. So here we are then. We're back in the loop and back on track!

Please read the next thread I'll post later today which will feature the first step of the development of the new and improved website.

Comments are, of course, welcome at any time :)
Back to entries

Go to top of page