Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Step 1: Menu / Design / Logo
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 29-08-07 - 00:03 AM // Updated 29-08-07 - 00:21 AM
A couple of months ago I began designing the new www.etype.dk. At first I wrote down a site-map of things we wanted to feature on the website in order to figure out how our menu will have to be structured. Seeing as how we have quite a lot of information and even intend to add even more than we already have, it took a while to get it all structured, so everything would get it's right spot in the menu.

The designing process of the website is always the toughest part, as we also try to be better than the previous design and also be able to show some fresh ideas. This isn't always easy but with a lot of experimenting we did succeed in making a root design that we liked. The general idea of the website is to incorporate the opportunity to choose between different themes, but I suppose that will be a feature that COULD be added later on as it's not the most important thing right now.

In our conversations about the new menu structure and website in general we quickly agreed upon one major thing. The website needed to give the E-type community a central spot in the website, so it will be easier for fans to connect with eachother. This, of course, means that the current community will be completely redone and added a lot more nice features. Taking this community into consideration it was also necessary to design the website, so it would be capable of handling a growing community of E-type fans with all the nice features it in time will have.

Seeing as how we've started to design a completely new website, we also decided to change our logo. We could go the easy way or the hard way. The easy way would be to use the logo that E-type currently uses for his latest single, but we felt it wouldn't be the best to do, since that logo might be changed when the album is released or a new single, and then we would have to change the logo again. What we had in mind was a logo that would identify US and non other than us. For that - we got a bit of help from a fellow E-type fan (who just happens to be a graphics designer) - and I must say that the logo that was made looks great and I can't wait to show it to you all, when the website is finished.

Anyway ... This is where we're currently at in our development of the new website. The next step for us will be to slice up the design and try to figure out a way to present all the information. An intro-page will also be one of the next tasks at hand.

We're still quite a bit from the ultimate goal which is the release of the new website, but we're working on it.

Be sure to check this Developer Blog to find out more about the latest development. I can't promise any dates of release, but we might make some estimates when we get further into the process.

For now - take care!

/// Morten
webmaster
Back to entries

Go to top of page