» View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Eurtopia tracks known so far
mondano
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 27-09-07 - 01:29 AM
So far E-Type has stated on his website himself the titles of 4 tracks to be released on Eurotopia. Of course 2 of those are "True Believer" and "Eurofighter". The other 2 are "To The Lions" and "Inside," both of which I thought might be hi next single until Eurofighter was released. Can't wait for the whole CD to be avaliable for import at HMV.
1st Reply
mondano
Posted 08-10-07 - 05:10 AM
Just read on etype.se that he has just finished mixing the last song for the album, with hep from Antiloop. The song will be called "Last Day Alive"
2nd Reply
Danny
Posted 08-10-07 - 03:41 PM
check www.etype.nl

we have the tracks on the site

Danny van der Ploeg
webmaster www.etype.nl
3rd Reply
mondano
Posted 08-10-07 - 07:44 PM
Hmm 3 years later and only 9 songs, 2 of which we've already heard, and no intro and outro:(. Be better to take a few more months. Na really knowing E-Type they'll be awsome as aways!!
4th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 09-10-07 - 08:36 AM // Updated 09-10-07 - 08:41 AM
I just can't help to think the following:

Where are the tracks he mentioned on his official website? Where are the tracks called "To The Lions" and "Last Day Alive" which we also knew about through his own words? Were they renamed to "Lion" and "Staying Alive"? Because if so, then 9 tracks isn't much for an album - especially if most of the tracks aren't longer than 4 minutes of length - that will make it a pretty short album in my opinion.

Anyway - if they say that it's 9 fantastic songs I will still look forward to hearing it, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed :)
5th Reply
Danny
Posted 09-10-07 - 11:02 AM
No it´s 100%.
It´s just that the songs have changed titles.

as said by Anders Johansson from Universal Music
6th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 09-10-07 - 06:54 PM
its such a disspointment this ...
dammed what a crap ...
9 tracks for an album really sucks

It can only be okej if the tracks will be great ... we CANNOT say they are because we only know 2/9 ... so still 7 to wait ... but 9 tracks ...
It looks more like a demo album ...

Okej ... if he will only release 9 tracks ... then please release WITHIN 1 year another one!
Otherwhise fans will be disspointed! :)

greetz
arjen
7th Reply
Schloss
Posted 10-10-07 - 06:48 AM
>... then please release WITHIN 1 year another one!

I already have a couple of names for the 2nd album with missed songs: "Eurotopia Continues" or "Eurotopia Part II" :)

Martin, choice is yours! :))))))
8th Reply
Danny
Posted 10-10-07 - 07:12 AM
if you all look closely to Made in Sweden, there are 11 tracks. with 1 intro, and a remake of STWOF.
so normal songs on that album are only 9
01. Made in Sweden (Intro)
02. Set the world on fire
03. This is the way
04. So Dem a Com
05. Fight it back
06. Until the end
07. When religion comes to town
08. Will I see you again?
09. Russian Lullaby
10. Me now want miseria
11. Set the world (Unplugged)

so it is absolulty normal i think
9th Reply
Schloss
Posted 10-10-07 - 07:39 AM
you forgot "Do You Always", so it's 10 :)
10th Reply
Danny
Posted 10-10-07 - 08:32 AM
you're right :P, forgot a track.
but then overall, albums of E-type
has 10 tracks as a normal song,
or 9, with 1 sort of instrumental (euroIVever).
so we will wait until the album is ready.
so we can judge for ourself
11th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 15-10-07 - 10:16 PM
hopefully if that cd will release down here
then there need to be more then 9 tracks
only because of the prices for cds !! grrrr
12th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 16-10-07 - 10:57 AM
Guys, I think you're missing something here.

The classic three albums all had an intro and outro; So Dem A Com was on both MIS and The Explorer; MIS had the Unplugged version of Set the World on Fire and LMS had Angels Country. Also, all the albums had at least one obligatory ballad. Of these I think only Star was something that can be placed among the Best E-type Tracks Ever, most of the others were things he had to do because it's the norm and the record company always wants them.

In fact, the big criticism of E4E was that it had a lot of tracks that seemed like filler. LPSL had Lost and Goodbye, which wasn't necessarily bad, but I kept wondering what the hell it was doing there - it didn't fit in with the rest of the album at all. Otherwise LPSL was without a weakness anywhere, so if you discount the intro, it was 9 very strong tracks. (Yes, the LPSL intro kicked ass on its very own, but still.)

LPSL - 9 strong tracks.
E4E - 13 tracks, minus intro and outro, minus Campione, minus Borschstjii which was an instrumental, that's 9 tracks again, including Banca Banca, which was a weaker track, and When I Close My Eyes, Time and No More Tears were basically all the same track. Seven strong tracks, basically.
LMS - 13 tracks, minus intro and outro, minus Angels Country. I'll Always Be Around and Walk Away were ballads, So Far Away was an instrumental. Seven strong tracks.
The Explorer - 12 tracks, minus intro, minus So Dem A Com version, minus You Will Always Be a Part of Me, minus You Know. Eight strong tracks.
MIS - 12 tracks, minus intro, minus Set the World Unplugged, minus Me No Want Miseria which was an instrumental. (Do You Always was a strong track, despite being a ballad.) Nine strong tracks.

If Eurotopia really is nine strong tracks, without filler, without instrumentals, and without ballads put in just because it's traditional to have one, this will be as good an E-type album as any in history, and not short at all. A lot of bands have produced very good albums with nine or ten short tracks, which didn't feel disappointing.
13th Reply
mondano
Posted 16-10-07 - 06:54 PM
I think those tracks that are "filler" are always amazing and part of what I love about E-Type. I love the fact that he leaves his traditional Euro for a creative edge. "Time", I thought was one of his best songs on E4E and should have been a single, as well as "Dans La Fantasie" from LPSL. "Banca Banca" was an awful choice for a single although I do like that song. It did show that he was willing to step away from the norm and try releasing a different song, that all his albums do consist of. Every E-Type album has experimental, instrumental and ballads, as well as his typical euro. To say these tracks don't count??? Maybe as singles yes, but lets face it he dosn't release more than 3 songs from an album, besides (The explorer), which was rare with 5 releases.

I for one rather him take till January and create some instrumental tracks, a ballad and maybe a rock or country song as well. So in my view 9 songs is disapointing, but hey 9 is better than 0 right? And it's true for me to import a CD which will cost $40 Canadian for 9 songs, is a rip off, and unfortunately i will just download.
14th Reply
mondano
Posted 16-10-07 - 07:02 PM
P.S Like I said before he has already released 2 out of 9 songs. That's means most likely only 1 more single and than what 3 more years till the next album?? And once again the world will forget about E-Type. Not very good marketing and less exciting.
15th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 29-10-07 - 11:18 PM
okej mondano understands what I mean ;)
its totally not interesting for the market
there really has to come more SOON!!!!!!!
But allright ... I can guerantee that the 9 tracks
are amazing ... so ...

But I also love ME NO WANT MISERIA which has been played on the radio statiosn here in the Netherlands a lot when TITW was released ... and its no instrumental song ... it's just different!

Those songs make the albums become different ... also in LMS we've got the slow songs

Anyway ... I will buy the cd thursday in Stockholm hihi
Back to entries

Go to top of page