Interactive  [Message Board]
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries
Author Subject:  Eurotopia first impressions
Flasher T
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 01-11-07 - 11:15 AM
Short, but awesome. :)

Netroam, you need any help with the lyrics?
1st Reply
Clarille
Posted 01-11-07 - 11:22 AM
This album is interest:) But too short:(
2nd Reply
mondano
Posted 01-11-07 - 06:15 PM
Love the album but yes too short. Kinda disappointed as Martin's vocals are very limited on this album, almost Sanne Karlsson Feat. E-Type (a.k.a Martin). I do however feel that this album has huge hit potential worldwide and every single song is single worthy (but definatly The Tide and Last Day Alive).

Interesting how E-Type's went for more of a trance edge besides Ding Ding Song (old school euro ala Captain Jack/Solid Base) and Inside (house). Overall a very solid album with zero filler songs.

Always glad to see that Martin isn't afraid to try a new style (we'll just pretend he never thought of going country)!!
3rd Reply
rynchan
Posted 02-11-07 - 00:38 AM
Can anyone type out the writers of the songs, as well as lead and backing vocalists? Or is it just all mostly Sanne? Either way I'd still like to know!

Thanks,
Riikka
4th Reply
mondano
Posted 04-11-07 - 02:09 AM
Had many listens now and I absolutely LOVE this album. "Make Us High" is my favorite song on the album. Fantastic job E-Type, never seize to amaze me!
5th Reply
Giantkiller
Posted 04-11-07 - 04:47 PM
Amazing album, E-type never dissappoints!!!, I will take nine awesome songs rather than 2 on an album of 12 songs. We should be thankful for such an amazing outcome. Every album E-tpe does just gets better. I cant stop listening to it!!

E-type you are a Euro God!!
6th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 08-11-07 - 03:14 PM
Ding Ding Song, mondano, doesnt sounds like Captain Jack, its like ACE OF BASE in the beginning!

And INSIDE matches with Benny Benassi and Prezioso ft Marvin ... so the Italo Dance style ... but then more around the TECKHOUSE as it's been called :)

just to let you know :)
greetz
Arjen
7th Reply
mondano
Posted 08-11-07 - 08:44 PM
Hehe A.T.L I meant more of the style rather than the sound, because of course E-Type always has his own sound.

I guess Ding Ding Song is more "Bubble Gum Europop" and yes Inside is more "Techno House." My first thing I thought of when I heard Ding Ding Song was Solid Base, but that dosn't mean it sounds like Solid Base. That is the beauty of Euro, there are no boundaries and ever style of music can be incorporated be it Opera, Metal, Classical, whatever. The only constant in Euro is a drum beat.
8th Reply
dellers
Posted 09-11-07 - 06:00 PM
This is actually the first E-type album I haven't bought. Just about 3 songs I like, and I don't buy a whole album for 3 songs. I kinda dislike the production, way too trancy. Tide is the best song by far, and it has the best melody. Well, guess I'm gonna buy some Earth Wind & Fire instead of E-type this autumn :)
9th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 10-11-07 - 03:15 PM
This is the 2nd E-Type album which I didn't bought, hihi ... but I still have the orriginals in my room ;)
anyway ;) will not bother you with those stories

In my eyes it's not totally trance, still Dance, but this time more like the other dance artists make.
Its very funny to see what people like the most. I heard some people say THE TIDE, but that was for me the first song which I said that it was my most NOT popular song on the album. My first impression was that INSIDE is my favo, and MAKE US HIGH too, now I almost love all the songs but still the tide less then the others and DING DING SONG a lot (Which I thought would be awefull because of the title)

I heard DING DING SONG the first time, long before the release, then i said: WOW THIS IS ACE OF BASE :)

But for the people who still think 9 tracks is don't worth buying ... i will say: YOU ARE WRONG :)
For me it is a WANNA HAV cd between all my other cd's!
10th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 15-11-07 - 00:41 AM
heard the songs and i am very impressed.
to me it seems like the lyrics have a more 'real' meaning...i dont know exactly what i mean by that sorry...
the sound is a little different but i like it on second listen because the first listen i was just too excited.
Very amazing e-type as usual :)))
God Bless,
-Heather :)))
11th Reply
BlackBear
Posted 20-11-07 - 12:03 AM
I am rather disapointed.. :/
"Tide" is the only track that really touch me,..
"Last day alive" is ok as well.. ! :)

SO YES! More vocal from martin!.. This is what makes E-type special..
12th Reply
Giantkiller
Posted 20-11-07 - 03:45 PM
you guys are all crazy this album is amazing!! You all need your head and ears checked!!

13th Reply
Klems
Posted 20-11-07 - 05:07 PM
Well of course I love that album. All the tracks are really good. My favourite ones are "Eurofighter", "Last day alive" (which has a taste of "Africa" in my opinion), and "To the lions".
And of course, I am very disappointed that the album is so short, it's really a pity. We had to wait 2 months more than planned, so I was expecting something a little bit longer.
By the way, I don't understand swedish language at all, but it seems that in his last update E-Type wrote something about the fact that the album is that short. Can someone help to translate please?
But conclusion is that E-Type still really rocks, and I hope that he will keep on doing good dance music like that :-).
14th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 22-11-07 - 10:49 PM
The reason for the album being cut short is the following:

Martin broke his hand while writing the album, so he had to walk around with a cast on his right arm for a month or so. That's also why he has a blue cast on his arm on the Eurotopia and Eurofighter covers.

Because of the cast - he couldn't play the piano - thus he couldn't write any songs for the particular period in time. And seeing as how he was scheduled to release the album at the appointed time (and couldn't wait any longer) they had to cut the album short.

The original plan - as he told us at the release party for Eurotopia - was for the album to contain an intro and an outro + 2 more slow songs to slow down the pace a bit on the album. As he said - "The album is very much like "Bam Bam Bam" all the way through", so he DID intend to write a few slower tracks for the album but couldn't do that in time unfortunately.

As for my opinion on the Eurotopia album ... I actually thought that The Tide was a bit weird when I heard it the first time, but since then it has really grown on me and has become one of my favourites on the album along with Make Us High and Last Day Alive. It really is an awesome album with great tracks and I listen to it every time I'm driving alone and I do that quite a lot these days :)
15th Reply
Schloss
Posted 23-11-07 - 07:14 PM
> Because of the cast - he couldn't play the piano - thus he couldn't write any songs for the particular period in time.

And what is the reason of not singing on several of the songs? :))))))))))
16th Reply
mondano
Posted 23-11-07 - 08:07 PM
Schloss:

I agree that the album is missing that quality that made me love his music, that being his unique synthesized vocals. Obviously he went a totally new direction on this album as he added more of a Vocal Trance sound rather than just pure Euro that he is known so well for. Most dance music is made with Female vocals behind a male production crew these days and has been that way since early the 2000's. Just look at groups like Sylver and Ian Van Dahl (there were many more), who had huge success world wide not just in Scandinavia.

E-Type is also known for his experimentation from changing styles on each album:

Made In Sweden (Pure Euro)
The Explorer (Euro/Rock)
Last Man Standing (Euro/Pop)
Euro IV Ever (Euro)
LPSL (Euro)
Eurotopia (Euro/Vocal Trance)
*Thank God he never went Country/Euro like he was planning before Euro IV Ever:)

IMO E4E and LPSL were way to similar, right down to the cover art. (But I still loved them). As for the length I agree it's very short. I wouldn't surprise me if he one day does a re-release of this album with added material.
17th Reply
Giantkiller
Posted 23-11-07 - 11:43 PM
You guys all are on crack!! This album kicks ass, As Dance has progressed so has E-type!! Love this album!!
18th Reply
Schloss
Posted 24-11-07 - 11:57 AM
I may conclude that this album has only 2 weak points - its shorteness and E-Type as backing vocalist on some of the songs.
The 2nd one becomes trendy as I can see - just listen to the latest album from Dr. Alban ("Back To Basics") and you'll hear that the dentist acts more than ever like guest vocalist on his own album - just like E-type.
However, both albums are great in spite of anything! :))

Btw, today I got the Japanese version of "Eurotopia". Its scanned images and tracklisting you may find here:
http://www.e-type.ru/disco/eurotopia.htm
19th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 24-11-07 - 03:43 PM
How can you ever heard the new cd by Alban?!
Thats not possible
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page