» Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries
20th Reply
mondano
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 10-04-03 - 01:49 AM
Today on CNN the showed how Baghdad has be taken over by US and British forces and the Iraqi people celebrateing in the streets!! I am confident that this war will now begin to shape Iraq into a peaceful democratic society.

One CANADIAN wrote an e-mail to CNN stateing:
"I am sorry on behalf of all Candians for opposeing this war to liberate the Iraqi people. I too thought this war was wrong. I have taken for granted the freedoms that we have and not letting others enjoy the same freedoms."
Ths says it all in a nutshell.

Flasher T: I still don't buy the excuse that this war is all for oil. This is an excuse that people who are selvish and inconsiderate of how other people are living under a brutal regiem, will use. Anyways even if they do have the intent to take the oil (which is not true), they are still liberateing the Iraqies. What if you lived in Iraq under Saddams rule, or have been gased like the Curds were, would you still be opposed to this war? STOP TAKEING YOUR LIVES FOR GRANTED AND LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. I know I woulden't want to live in Iraq. If I lived there under Saddam America could have all the oil they wanted as far as I would be concernd.

Also Iraq is not going to become an American colony. They went into Afganistan and Afganistan has its own Prime Minister. Also on top of that the rest of the world will be keeping close watch on this region and America would not be able to rule forever.

I hope all of you who have opposed this war so far take a look at the news. Look at how happy the Iraqies in Baghdad are. You should hold your heads in shame for wanting to keep them from what the now have. FREEDOM.

21st Reply
mondano
Posted 10-04-03 - 01:53 AM
One more thing:

When it comes to this war, I am ashamed to be called Canadian. Peace keepers my ass. Keeping from haveing peace is more like it.
22nd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 10-04-03 - 12:29 AM
Mondano, you are making a very serious (and very common) mistake in assuming that Iraqis have the same mindset as you.

America came and kicked out Saddam. Well, Victor Bravo. This does not mean that Iraqis have a great appreciation for America. Infact they'll do everything in their power to get rid of America as soon as they can. Which they won't, since America intends to keep the oil.

Again about reasons and pretences. In most wars there are many reasons and one pretence (in WWII - occupation of Poland. Just as an example). In this war there were many pretences, but just one reason. America's economy is screwed, so they need a victorious war and a resource-rich colony. It's as simple as that. The fact that they're making the life of Iraqis a little bit better in the process is commendable, but shouldn't be taken for more than it is.
23rd Reply
Erika
Posted 14-04-03 - 02:03 PM
Flasher T:
I totally agree with you about your last note.

BUT: even though Bagdad is taken over and the war is coming to its end I still can't find the justification, the reason why one stronger state can decide wheather people of a weaker state must die or not, even if it's profitable for the stronger one. At least Bush should have confessed that the US army fought for the American interests but not for the liberation of the Iraqi people. it's evident that all Bush needs is to show how powerful he is and to get money and new colonies in some meaning.
24th Reply
mondano
Posted 15-04-03 - 10:54 PM
Flasher T:

I totally agree with you that Iraqies do not have the same mindset as me. In fact, of course the woulden't, how could they? They have been living under a brutal regiem for so long that they don't know what it is like to live in a free democratic society. Should we not give them the chance to experiance democracy opposed to dictatorship. Do you know have many poeple from the Middle East have immigrated to North America? Believe me there are many and from what I can tell I don't hear/see anybody crying to go back. In fact they love it here.

Also do you not think it possible that Sept 11th changed the US. And that this war against terrorism is ligit. Or it is just that the US is the only country powerful and has enough guts to do the tramendous task at hand. Mabey it will take more massive civilian deaths from terrorism in other countries for the rest of the world to see the threat at hand.

Makeing the lives of the Iraqies much better in the long run is commendable? Yha just like the millions of Jews living with freedom in 2003, because of what the Allies did in World War 2 is commendable.
Mabey if you lived under such a society as Iraq you woulden't be so ignorant. Yha it is also commendable that women in Afganistan do not have to lived covered up because the UNTIED STATES got rid of the Taliban! There were no benifits for the US to attack afganistan.

I really find your last comment very selvish.
25th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 16-04-03 - 12:54 AM
"In fact, of course the woulden't, how could they? They have been living under a brutal regiem for so long that they don't know what it is like to live in a free democratic society."

That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. The Arabic region has its own culture, entirely different from the Western civilization.

"Do you know have many poeple from the Middle East have immigrated to North America? Believe me there are many and from what I can tell I don't hear/see anybody crying to go back. In fact they love it here."

Of course they love it there. That's why they emigrated.

" And that this war against terrorism is ligit."

It's not a war on terrorism. There were no WMDs. It's a war on Saddam and a war for control of oil fields. Afghanistan was a war on terrorism; Iraq wasn't.

"Mabey it will take more massive civilian deaths from terrorism in other countries for the rest of the world to see the threat at hand."

Show me the threat. Iraq certainly wasn't a threat to the US. Bin Laden had one shot, and he made it count; now the Western world is too careful to allow something like that to happen.

" Yha just like the millions of Jews living with freedom in 2003, because of what the Allies did in World War 2 is commendable. "

Millions of Jews live in freedom in 2003 because they have the military force to defend themselves. WW2 wasn't about the Jews.

"Mabey if you lived under such a society as Iraq you woulden't be so ignorant. Yha it is also commendable that women in Afganistan do not have to lived covered up because the UNTIED STATES got rid of the Taliban! There were no benifits for the US to attack afganistan"

Bush needed a war to boost his ratings and the near-dead economy. Anyway; how can you really criticize a religion that you know next to nothing about? People should be given free will, what they choose to do and which religious rules they should follow is their own problem.
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page