Erased by me

Azamat
1st Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 24-04-03 - 05:28 PM
Azamat: Please read the rules of this board. We don't like illegal requests such as requesting places to download songs in mp3-format or whatever.

We don't want the RIAA on our backs because users here request and exchange illegal music through out board, so we made the rule to cover both the users' and our own backs.

Let this be a message to all users who read this message that we don't tolerate requests like that.

Sorry to tell you all, but we have to be strict about things like that.

/// Morten
webmaster
2nd Reply
Azamat
Posted 25-04-03 - 03:50 AM // Updated 25-04-03 - 03:51 AM
Morten: Well, I gotcha you. Very direct, nothing to do.
I'll be like a Schtirlitz.

///Azamat

3rd Reply
Azamat
Posted 25-04-03 - 06:09 AM
Morten/
So has been wrote on Board Rules Page :" ..any illegal stuff such as MP3's... "
You seems to know standarts of CD's, DVD's or anything else not good.

You has said about MP3, which had researched by my colleagues. If you don't know - I'm engineer, and your words very sorrowful to listen.
MP3 (Mpeg-1 Layer 3) not illegal stuff, don't forget it.
Don't be so pride, maybe you never use MP3, so I'm glad for you.
Have a nice day.
4th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 25-04-03 - 12:37 AM
Azamat: I do use MP3 ... there are places where you can download legal music in MP3-format, but it's only start-up bands who want the promotion, so they can release their own CDs and such. I seriously doubt that any Ace of Base songs are legal to download, so that's just what I'm telling you.

I happen to know that downloading famous artists' music of the Internet is an illegal task - something RIAA in the US (and APG in Denmark) have been trying to stop for a long time. Remember how things went with Napster and AudioGalaxy? Well, that's because those progs made it possible for people to share mp3's with others which was illegal.

I'm not saying this because of my pride. I'm just saying this to help us all, because I don't want to be nailed by those guys, because illegal things are going on at my forum, and I doubt you'd like it either.

So hopefully you understand my point about all this. Rules are nevertheless rules and rules are there to be followed :)

/// Morten
webmaster
5th Reply
Azamat
Posted 28-04-03 - 06:41 AM
To Moren.

Yes, I go along with you in this point.

Azamat
6th Reply
Azamat
Posted 08-05-03 - 04:36 AM
Who knows, which song was written by Martin Ericsson and Jonas Berggren together?

For your information - Jonas Berggren is from Ace of Base.
7th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 08-05-03 - 07:52 AM
Russian Lullaby ... any E-type fan knows that :))

/// Morten
webmaster
8th Reply
Azamat
Posted 08-05-03 - 08:16 AM
Yes, you're right! :)
9th Reply
lynnp
Posted 08-05-03 - 07:29 PM
This is moreso about MP3s than it is about Ace of Base. However, MP3s by themselves are not illegal. I know it's kind of a picky point, but MP3s are simply a file format, and are not necessarily illegal. That said, I recognize that illegal copies of music are illegal, including MP3 copies. Some bands that are not start-ups do indeed support MP3s, such as Hole. They post MP3s of their own music on their web site. It's been rather controversial.

As a point of reference, if I buy a CD and make MP3 copies of the songs for my own personal use, it is not illegal. That falls under fair use. What is illegal is sharing these MP3s.

While I am not disagreeing with this board's no MP3 policy, I do think that the RIAA is rather misguided in this whole issue. I have no idea what the answer is, but it's been my experience that MP3s can really introduce people to music they've never before heard.

My first experience with e-Type was via MP3s that a friend of mine gave me. I'd never heard of him before or heard his music. How could I? I live in the States where we don't get much different music. After hearing these MP3s, I tried my best to find the CDs. I had friends buy them for me when they visited Europe. Then those CDs got stolen. Back to MP3s... Finally, I found an online site where I could order the CDs, and now I have all 4 albums.

My point is this: had I not been given the e-Type MP3s, I would not even know about this wonderful music. In my life, the MP3s served as advertising to buy the actual music. Just my 2 cents...
10th Reply
Azamat
Posted 12-05-03 - 08:39 AM
I suppose too, that MP3's like a advertisement...
What about me, I have heard song "Under violet moon" by Blackmore's Night for the first time exactly on MP3 in our local net. And now, after some time, I have buyed two albums and Concert Version (alive appearance). I'm buyed by this advertisement, and .. I not regret about it.
11th Reply
Azamat
Posted 20-05-03 - 04:02 AM
Yesterday 19th was bithday of Jenny Berggren.
12th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 22-05-03 - 05:57 PM
Wow I need to say something here ...
Cause RUSSIAN LULLABY is not written by JONAS AND E-TYPE ...

There are many mistakes about this as far as I know!
Jonas sended Martin some accords (or however you need to say that in English) ...
Martin was listening to it in a plane ... and then he recognized some Micheal Jackson sounds in it ...
He decided to change the accords ... and then
the song Russian Lullaby was there ...
Jonas only gave Martin an idea to write a song ...

This is the thing which Martin tolld ...
so its the truth :)

see ya
Arjen
13th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 22-05-03 - 05:59 PM
About Ace Of Base ...

There are many people who cannot get the
ACE OF BASE singles etc ...
Me too ...

I was searching for the singles UNSPEAKABLE
and even BEAUTIFUL MORNING and THE JUVENILE
Those 3 singles are not gettable here in the Netherlands!
Even not as IMPORT product ...
So I guess its very normal to download those songs!
Cause a lot of people dont like to order things by internet ... (I mean things like Bol.com, Amozone etc)

see ya
Arjen
14th Reply
mondano
Posted 22-05-03 - 06:54 PM
I love mp3's. Artists don't recognize the amount of FREE advertisment they are getting through mp3's. Like stated before, most of us on this board would not even know who E-Type is if not for mp3's. E-Type has not spent a dime on promotion in North America yet I still have bought 3 of his albums through HMV.

I my view E-Type is makeing more money off of me buying his CD's, then the amount of effort and money he has spent on promotion overseas etc North America.

Now who is ripping who off?
15th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 22-05-03 - 07:19 PM
Well, A.T.L. ... if you could please tell us all your source of information so we all know what Martin said and to who ... then I'd be more willing to believe it's true!

Looking in the cover for Made in Sweden it says "Music by Jonas Joker Berggren. Lyrics by E-type and Mud" ... to me it sounds like Jonas made all the music for the song!

If it should be true what you said, A.T.L. ... then it would say "Music by E-type" instead because even though Jonas might have given E-type the idea for the song by giving him some chords, Martin changed those chords - as you say - which will make the production of the music entirely his own.

Taking the Russian Lullaby single-cover it says: E-type / Joker / Mud ... Jonas is even singing backing vocals along with Max Martin and Jeanette.

So with that in mind I can't really say that I fully agree with you - it might be true, but I'd like the evidence in hand before I'm fully convinced!

-----

As for the mp3-talk ... I understand everyone of you that mp3 is a great - not to mention free - tool for advertising the artists ... and I admit that I use it too at some extent ... but I also have in mind that the artists lose money on all the people who download their music instead of buying it. It's easy to just download the music and leave it at that. Then it doesn't quite work as advertisement anymore ... For example I like to for example download some songs from an album and if I like what I hear, I buy the album ... to me I don't think there's any need to buy an album for 150-160 DKK (20-25 USD) if I only like 1 or 2 songs on the album ... that's a waste of my money - which I don't have a lot of already. So bottom line for me is ... mp3z are good advertisement for an artist - as long as people still buy the music in the stores ... otherwise it becomes plain stealing, which is sad. I understand you unfortunate souls who can't find or buy music in their countries - but buying music from the Internet on Amazon, CDON or BOL is easy and more safe than you might imagine! I have tried to buy music, dvds, stuff for my computer and such in online shops and I have not ONCE experienced any problems or faults by paying with my credit-card online! So to the insecure people out there ... it's actually very safe to buy stuff off the Internet - Believe me!!

Well, that's my 5 cents!

/// Morten
webmaster
16th Reply
Azamat
Posted 23-05-03 - 04:14 AM // Updated 23-05-03 - 04:18 AM
I ought to say what I don't believe to you, A.T.L.
This song is known to have wrote by Martin and Jonas, and all.

And I have to say few words about using of MP3's:
MP3 have following features: bitrate speed from 16Kbit/s till 320Kbit/s or more. Frequency of sampling (FoS) not always be equal 44Khz. Here is may be 6000 Hz or 192Khz. 44 - 192 Khz better, than 20 Khz.

You can say: "I don't need so high (56Khz) FoS". "The peoples is known to hear only until 22500 Hz".
If FoS equal 44100 Hz, so the top of frequency, which you can hear is 44100/2=22500 Hz.
Sound is not only beautiful noise from AS. Here is so matrix, stereobase, deep and harmonics.

What about me - I do use MP3 only in my PC (if I'm working), not more. CD (cda format) I do use in CD-player, when I would rather listen to the music for soul .
17th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 29-05-03 - 10:40 AM
Ow ofcourse you will not believe me Morten ...
But he said it in an interview!!!

So ofcourse I am wrong ...
and ow my God immagine that I would tell something
which is right ... still then you will say I am wrong!

But I tell the truth ...
All I've said has been said by E-Type himself in 1998
so ... NO DOUBT THAT ITS TRUE!

see ya
Arjen
18th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 29-05-03 - 06:49 PM
A.T.L.: Honestly ... I don't like your attitude problem. This is supposed to be a forum where we don't flame people for anything ... and I didn't say that I don't believe you!! I'm sure E-type have said that, but I just said that I would be more willing to believe it all a 100% if facts have proven what you said - you can easily say that Martin said it in an interview, but where's the proof for that??

I'm merely looking at the things at hand here - album-cover, single-cover and from those things I make the assumptions ... I'm not at ANY point saying that what I'm saying is correct ... I'm just trying to figure out why the album and single covers have the information they have, if the facts you say are true.

But you're obviously too egotistic and too hung up on your own opinions once again that you simply won't see the matter from another point of view. If you look at the first lines I wrote in the reply again:

"if you could please tell us all your source of information so we all know what Martin said and to who ... then I'd be more willing to believe it's true!"

There I just told you that IF you could provide us with the source of information - for example who interviewed E-type, when was it, got it on tape or something ... then I'll be SURE that it's true. I never told you in those lines that you were wrong!! You assumed that yourself! And I bet it has something to do with previous confrontations we've had so you think that every little thing I write in here is negative in your eyes - that every little word that's opposite to your point of view automatically means that I think you're wrong! Well guess what? Not true in any way!! It so happens that every person is entitled to have one's own opinion and it so happens that we can disagree a lot - not much to do about that - that's just the way it is!

But coming with that ironic statement from you was really uncalled for!

/// Morten
webmaster
19th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 02-06-03 - 08:23 PM
I will put the interview on tape ...
as I promised you for 3 years ago now ...
But if I still dont have the shit to put it on my
computer then I cant do it ...

And you never want to say that my things are right
Cause you are the ALL KNOWING person here ...
And not only I am getting sick of it ...

And you also know when I was banned ...
and was that RECENTLY ???
No it wasnt ...
So when will that go away huh ???

If Jonas send E-Type the accords ...
E-Type wrote the song ...
with the idea which E-Type had from Jonas ...
So E-Type needs to put his name under the song ...
Understand what I mean?
So its normal to see E-Type/Jonas as writers for the music ...
ONLY the accords have been send from Jonas to E-Type ...
E-Type had changed it completely ...
so there was just a little idea from Jonas ...
He wasn't writing the song ... only E-Type did ...

anyway ...
just believe me ..
.as soon as I have recorded the part of the interview
on my pc .. you can see it ...

see ya
Arjen
Prev 1 2 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page