Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries
20th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 02-08-02 - 01:34 PM
OK, after listening a bit more to the tracks I've come to the conclusion that "Time" perhaps won't do that well, but as I wrote in my reply before, I kept my attention mostly on "Arabian star" and "Loneliness - Ring the alarm" and those tracks are also the best choices for a next single-release if there should be one!

I don't think it will be suitable to release "When I close my eyes" even though it has the same build-up of the song as "I'm flying" or "Life" and "Africa (radio version)" have for that matter ... people would "just" think that it's typical of E-type to release a track like that and with 2 other singles of that genre out already people will grow tired of hearing the same ... they want something new, so E-type has to proove his versatility to the people, and that's easily proven with "Arabian star" or "Loneliness - Ring the alarm".

So he could perhaps go for the "Explorer" method perhaps - he released "Free like a flying demon" and "Back in the loop" that became great hits ... after that came "Calling your name" which was huge too ... then the bit slower song "I just wanna be with you" and as the final single came "You will always be a part of me" ... to symbolise his method from "The Explorer" he could release "Arabian star" as the 4th single and end with "Star" as a Christmas-single as you say, A.T.L. ... could be great to see E-type perform with a really slow song for once!

But anyway, that's just what I think - noone makes any note of me anyway, so - hehehe

Best regards from

/// NetRoam
webmaster
21st Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 02-08-02 - 02:16 PM
well, ATL, that was a nice little summary of the album. Thank you for that.

something, you are right about Star, it is a christmas-time-song... I will never forget the day in Stockholm, after we had gone to the releaseparty, and NetRoam and Nikolaj had left Stockholm already, and my ferry wouldn't leave in many hours... I was walking around in the center, listening to EuroIVEver on my cd-player.. and at around 4-5 when it started to get dark, and people were filling the streets... it was snowing quietly.. I was at the bridge between the old town and the center, as Star was playing.

Being very alone and very tired (and very broke, not enough money to spend time in cafe's or something) that song really affected me a lot! (walking the streets of HIS hometown, is there someone for me to find..)

anyway... I have no idea if that had any relevance to anything, I just wanted to tell you that about the song. And everytime I hear that song, I remember that moment in Stockholm. I hope it would be released for x-mas...

well... there will not be Christmas for me this year, though... :(

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
22nd Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 02-08-02 - 02:28 PM
I hope that too Myra!!!
It would be such a great Christmass song!!!
"when I'm walking the streets of my hometown, is there someone for me to find"
It sounds quite sad ... but in my eyes it is also a bit a Christmas feeling for a lot of people. The nice days for others ... with a lot of happiness ... with a lot of warmth of relatives etc etc ... and some people are all alone ... those people think for sure:
"need someone around from time to time" ...
anyway ...
Nice that you agree with me :D:D:D:D

keep on smiling
Arjen

23rd Reply
Lena
Banned: 2 time(s)
Banned

Posted 02-08-02 - 02:30 PM
it's a beautiful story... Tomorrow I'll paint it!
24th Reply
Myra
Reporter
Assistant

Posted 02-08-02 - 03:09 PM
thank you, Lena

if it was my story you were talking about, would you also write a nice little poem about it??

///Myra
Reporter & Assistant
25th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 02-08-02 - 03:34 PM
Yes, of course!
It was
Your story!
Please don't worry :)

26th Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 02-08-02 - 04:07 PM
Hey everyone,
I like the song When I Close My Eyes but what part of it isnt suitable??. Netroam said a part of it wasnt suitable....
I have an idea for a video for Star. I have the plot of it all planned out but I have noone to tell it to....:(
In Gods Name,
Heather :)
27th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 02-08-02 - 04:26 PM
As I said earlier, Heather ... the ending of the song is something I don't quite find suitable - the song ends in a very funny way for some reason and I think that the song could go down because of that.

Of course I can't be the one to say for certain unlike someone else if it'll be a hit or not, since I'm being careful with my approximations, but it's just my opinion that E-type has to change the ending if he decides to release "When I close my eyes".

Personally I think that "Arabian star" will be released next if there will be another single-release!

/// NetRoam
webmaster
28th Reply
Phoenix
Posted 02-08-02 - 05:07 PM
ATL, I'm afraid you are the only one who promotes When I close my eyes. And by the way, what made you think that Time will be bad hit outside Scandinavia? My friends (Americans) think it's the best son on the album. It has club melodie and great rythm. Aaaaaaaaaaand, I love it. :-)~
29th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 03-08-02 - 08:50 AM
Myra, you're totally right. Star is an excellent Christmas song!

Heather: I think every E-type fan has come up with a video plot at one point or another... personally, I have ideas for every song an E4E... including Borschji! ;)
30th Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 03-08-02 - 10:15 AM
Time is for sure not a good single for countries like the Netherlands, France, Belgium etc ...
The Sound is tooooo sad!
As you see NetRoam also agreed a bit with me!

When I Close My Eyes doesnt sound funny at all ...
I guess that the end reminds of songs on Made In Sweden!

For next single I also think that he/they will choose for ARABIAN STAR ... cause it would be too difficult to choose a song in the middle of the Album ...
track 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 is more easy to release then
Track 2, 6, 10 and 7 ... dont you think ???

And will there be a single AFTER the next one?!
I am guessing it can be possible that there will be 1 single more ... but that change looks very small to me! Guess we will wait for 1 year ... (or more) ... and then we will see another new E-TYPE song ... and later on a new E-Type album ...

Oops ... shooting something through my head!
If E-Type will release a song like ARABIAN STAR ... Or ... When I Close My Eyes, then he NEEDS TO change them ... otherwhise they will have less succes.
This because the album has allready been solld a lot. Many people know those songs allready!!!

Flasher T:
For BORSCHSTJII you can be very creative to make an idea for a video!!! Cause it can be a video with all dancing people ... (in what I will call "Russian Way")
or you can make a kind of farytile (how to write that word ?????) of it ...

Anyway ... I will write more ... SOON!!!

keep on smiling ... cause its a beautifull morning!
Arjen
31st Reply
Flasher T
Posted 03-08-02 - 06:40 PM
Actually ATL, the idea I had for Borschjii is kinda different from the stereotypical "russians dancing" stuff...
32nd Reply
Erika
Posted 05-08-02 - 05:27 AM
IMHO Borschtjii is not a good song- the worst of all and can anyone tell me how to read it right? (it's written beyond all the rules).

And the last question: who can tell me the words in the beginning and in the end of the song- it looks like Russian but I am Russian myself but I understood just a few words.
33rd Reply
A.T.L.

Posted 05-08-02 - 08:25 AM
Flasher T:

I wrote that it is a song where you can make sooo many different VIDEOs for ... for example the russian dancing thing ... understood???

Erika:
Borschstjii is quite different song ... just like Banca Banca ... and as there are people who dont like Banca Banca ... there are also other people who dont like Borschstjii. For me Banca Banca is the worst song on the album!

See ya
Arjen
34th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 05-08-02 - 05:32 PM
Erika: It doesn't mean anything :) it's a classic E-type inset - a mess of Russian-sounding words.
35th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 06-08-02 - 07:10 AM
It's "borsch" or somesing like that :)
36th Reply
Erika
Posted 08-08-02 - 05:44 AM
If I wanted to say something in for example Swedish I'd learn some sutable words- of course I'm not E-type but still...
37th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 09-08-02 - 08:51 AM
Let’s call it Etypish!

Is there someone, who knows what are “solero”, “kamaro”, “so dem a com”, “sam bo rom bom” etc.? Etypish includes some Latin words, I guess. The first words of the song “Campione 2000” are “viva vis”. How could I translate it?
Es lebe die Kraft!
Long live the strength! (Long live the force!) Viva the strength!
(Viva the Force!) The strength lives! (The force lives!)
Viva la forza! (Viva la potenza!)
Viva la fuerza!
etc.

Vivamus et amemus!
-------
Lena

38th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 10-08-02 - 06:21 PM
Well, Solero has something to do with the sun, and Camaro is an American car. ;)
39th Reply
Lena
Banned

Posted 12-08-02 - 07:58 AM
Thank you! I think about “camaro” it’s a car in Arabian language. And I think about “solero” – maybe “soltero”... I’m not sure, that it was spelled right, cause I still remember E-type’s words “afamato musiquante”. Maybe it was “Musicista, affamato come lupo”, or maybe not. It’s a “hungry musician” in Italian language. But in Toscana “afa” – it’s a heat, and “matto” - it’s a “crazy person”. Ooops! Is it hot crazy musician? Yeah!!!!!! I think so…

Gott mit uns!
---
Lena
Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page