Interactive  [Message Board]
Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries
20th Reply
Flasher T
Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 13-04-04 - 09:55 PM
ILoveJan,

1) Morten and Nikolaj (Stingbat) created and are keeping up this website. It is entirely their creation. In my opinion, they have the right to be as edgy as they please. We have discussed it in this forum on previous occasions.

2). Dee was never "part of E-type's band". There's E-type (Martin), then there's Dee, and then there is the band. Originally it was called the Bend Over Band, then a few members left and a few joined and they renamed it the Frying Demons, then some more changes happened and they held a contest for a new name, which AquariaGirl here won, and they changed their name to the Scandinavian Headbangers for the E4E tour. During the Metal tour, e-type.se mentioned the "Swedish Headbangers", I don't know whether that was official or the webmaster mixed something up, anyway at this point they are using the name Frying Demons again according to the LPSL sleeve. The only original member remaining to my knowledge is Johan Dereborn. Dee has never, I repeat - never been a part of the band. She was merely a collaborating artist.

3) Martin has been a musician all his life, for about a decade before he became big with Set The World On Fire in 1994. He's done pretty much everything, including a brief stint as a drummer in a hardcore metal band, and some rapping as MC Werewolf. I think he was in it for the music first, and the money is a nice addition.
21st Reply
AquariaGirl12
Posted 14-04-04 - 02:42 AM
I was at the concert in Toronto too, I was up front very close, I could heard Dee singing, but very quietly, the backup singer had to always help her out.
Not to start another argument, but IloveJan, I think that YOU shouldnt be so edgy with your opinions whenever you probably dont even know all of the facts.
God Bless,
Heather :)
22nd Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 14-04-04 - 10:56 AM
Sorry Flasher but nobody understands what you're saying. How about taking some english lessons?
23rd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 14-04-04 - 03:31 PM
*keels over laughing*
24th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 14-04-04 - 05:40 PM
U can laugh as much as u wanna but I'm tellin' u the truth. Ur so called "points" are irrelevant and it's like u haven't even read my previous messages. = Makes u look really stupid. As a moderator of 2 other boards I happen to know something about being one. Moderators are not even allowed to state their opinions on some boards. Moderator or Admin, you should stay as neutral as possible.
25th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 14-04-04 - 10:58 PM
Wow. You're not just a troll, you're an idiot. One who contradicts himself at that. Quote from the 8th reply in this thread:

"Thanks a bunch from your reply! :) Finally someone who speaks/understands english, lol! "

That's just funny though.

"Ur so called "points" are irrelevant and it's like u haven't even read my previous messages. = Makes u look really stupid."

You're the one who doesn't read other people's messages, or doesn't listen to them. Every single person on these forums knows that E-type is a single artist. Every single source of any trustworthiness whatsoever says so. But no! Here is The Great And Glorious ILoveJan, who says differently, and we should all bow down to his mighty wisdom!

"As a moderator of 2 other boards I happen to know something about being one. Moderators are not even allowed to state their opinions on some boards. Moderator or Admin, you should stay as neutral as possible."

I'm surprised at that - you seem to have no people skills whatsoever, just skills in being an ignorant little troll. I am the cofounder/admin of a nice little community as well, on fceforum.com if you have to know (interesting btw how you keep making claims but never backing them up), and I believe it is quite acceptable for the moderator or administrator to contribute to a discussion in any way they can; and in particular, this website and this forum belonges wholly to Netroam and Stingbat. They get to decide what goes. If you don't like it - leave. Nobody will miss you, believe me.
26th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 15-04-04 - 00:14 AM // Updated 15-04-04 - 00:35 AM
You know what.. I actually replied to your message but I decided to edit it. As the board rules go: "Arguements leading to use of foul language will be awarded with a warning - if it continues a 1-week ban from the board will be the result of that." And I don't want to get banned just because of very ignorant & extremely rude person like you. That's all I'm going to say. I hope I won't have to communicate with you ever again. I also hope someday you'll realize what a fool you are. Go on and reply, I will not get back at you. I'm better than that. I'm walking away from this thread and leave you bytching here - alone.
27th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 15-04-04 - 08:25 AM
Damn, you'd do anything to avoid admitting you were wrong, wouldn't you?
28th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 15-04-04 - 09:02 AM
Stop replying to me. I know u wanna fight and get me banned but lemme tell you something; ain't gonna happen MR. TROLL. GOODBYE TO THIS THREAD.
29th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 15-04-04 - 09:08 AM
Just wanted to add a little note as to the whole moderating part of the thread.

It might very well be that some other forums have moderators or administrators that don't participate in discussions and don't state their own opinions because they should keep a neutral mind to it all and only take part if a kick or ban is initiated - but on this forum there's no such thing as that. Sure both Nikolaj (Stingbat) and myself ARE administrators and moderators, but we still participate actively in the discussions with our own opinions and thoughts.
Reason? Because just like the users of the website, we're extremely big E-type fans so of course we have to mingle with the other fans on the board. That way the fans will also get the impression that we're really dedicated to this website and that we're both keeping eyes on the board but also stating our thoughts and opinions AS E-type fans - not as administrators.

Yes, I know most administrators should stay as neutral as possible and I try to that as well - as administrator - which is also why you won't see me moaning, yelling, giving false accusations or start banning people because things might not go my way. Even though I'm the webmaster and administrator along with my co-webmaster we're still just plain fans who decided to make a website about our favourite artist - why shouldn't we be able to state our own personal opinions just because we're administrators? I don't see it to be honest!

As to the latest development in the discussion ... I will most probably reply a little bit to that in the other thread but I do have one little comment to this thread though ... Flasher has been objective to the whole thread stating reasons why Dee was never part of the band explaining how E-type's LIVE band has been over the years. There is a big difference between E-type as a band and E-type's LIVE band which he brings with him on stage. He even made some valuables points when he wrote about E-type being the drummer in a hardcore metal band and a rapper as MC Werewolf. What made we studder was the 22nd reply - "How about taking some english lessons?" ... Not to sound negative or flame anyone (and I'm writing as the fan I am - not as administrator), but to me it sounded like a defense mechanism since I didn't find it hard to understand what was being said.

About the 19th reply - I didn't find my comments edgy at all - I was guessing how things were as I've experienced it before - as AquariaGirl12 says she could hear Dee singing but very quietly which to me proves that her microphone wasn't plugged in so everyone in the crowd could hear her - I know Dee does sing when performing but most of the time it's alright because noone can hear her for the instruments and other vocalists seeing as how her microphone isn't plugged in. Believe me - I've experienced it many times.
To return to 19th reply - I hardly think that Angels Crying was a huge hit because Dee was there. A hit is made when the radio stations play the track over and over again and there you can't see Dee at all. If people haven't heard the song, why would they go buy a single in the stores they don't know because there's a gorgeous girl on the cover? I do agree though that it could have affected the sales once the musicvideo was played because the video always makes the song sound better and it gives a certain feel to the song the radio can't give - so some people have definitely bought the single after watching the video.

Well - I guess that's it for now - hope some things were cleared out and I hope this conversation doesn't have to become so edgy as it seems to have gone!

/// Morten
webmaster

PS. Nobody is getting banned. I just want to keep a nice forum where people are open and welcoming to the inputs that people might have. That means that it's great to share opinions but perhaps even better if some people might realize they have been wrong so they can all get along in the end. Flaming never helped anyone! :)
30th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 17-04-04 - 09:24 AM
Gotta Say that Dee was REALLY a member of the Band Over Band ...
That was always on this website by the topic BAND ...
And for sure she was part of the band ove rband :)

ow yeah :)
Just little funny thing ...
When E-Type performed Anges Crying once on a Dutch Programm called TELEKIDS (Which aint there anymore!) ... he was not live singing! HE WAS PLAYBACKING! very funny to see how wild Dee was playing on stage there ... with her big boobs ...
she was there dancing and all the little kids where
looking at her ... SOO FUNNY :D

see ya
Arjen
31st Reply
Arven
Posted 17-04-04 - 12:57 AM // Updated 17-04-04 - 12:58 AM
To A.T.L.: you know, it wasn't funny at all :S
32nd Reply
Phoenix
Posted 18-04-04 - 05:40 AM // Updated 18-04-04 - 06:29 AM
ILoveJan wrote: "You know what.. I actually replied to your message but I decided to edit it. As the board rules go: "Arguements leading to use of foul language will be awarded with a warning"

--- In 25th Reply of this thread, as well as in previous messages, I didn't see anything that could provoke you to a, so called, Foul Language. And then, you go on to insult Flasher by saying: "And I don't want to get banned just because of very !!! ignorant & extremely rude !!! person like you." Huh? Rolling my eyes.

ILoveJan wrote: "As a moderator of 2 other boards I happen to know something about being one. Moderators are not even allowed to state their opinions on some boards. Moderator or Admin, you should stay as neutral as possible."

--- I'm a member of many Russian and English speaking forums that cover various topics, and I've never seen a forum where the moderators would just stare blankly at the monitor. Furthermore, they must participate in discussions, since they are usually better informed than others.

ILoveJan wrote: "Sorry Flasher but nobody understands what you're saying. How about taking some english lessons?"

--- Laughing out loud for 20 minutes. ILoveJan, I've known Flasher for over two years, and never ever found even the slightest mistake in his English. His English is not just advanced, it's almost perfect. However, grammatical mistakes and short simple sentences you use in your messages point to a limited knowledge of that language. So, stop showing off, man, and go learn proper English and proper manners.
33rd Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 18-04-04 - 03:49 PM // Updated 18-04-04 - 04:10 PM
1. You just said you were friends with Flasher The Ignorant

2. I told nobody understands what he is saying because he was placing arguments and points which I already had given answers to. That made him look really stupid.

3. As I am trying to tell people "MOVE ON PLEASE", you still keep on bumping this topic back. We can continue this argument for months but it won't take us anywhere. So please just leave it as I am going to. It's funny how some dumb ppl try to make opinion matters fact issues... So stupid.

4. Nobody has never said my english is bad, never. Quite the opposite. I am a good friend of many BRITISH people who understand me very well and say that my [speaking] english is perfect. In fact some of them didn't even know I was from Scandinavia until I, myself told them. However when I get angry or distracted I tend to forget what I know and that is why my english as written language isn't that quite well understable. Besides American english isn't even a real language. It's a mixture of slang and British english with many twists. I'm quite sure I know better PROPER english than you. In fact I know it.

5. While you keep bashing me you prove one single thing. You're as ignorant as your friend...Then again, that is probably why he is your friend. I will not keep on this conversation with someone like you any more. But I know you can't let go and once again, you just have to reply. What you and your friend need is a reality check. Forreal.
34th Reply
Rainbow
Assistant

Posted 18-04-04 - 09:26 PM // Updated 18-04-04 - 09:40 PM
Hello ILoveJan!

I can only say that most of the community members who read the forum often enough including our dear webmasters are all friends to each other and if you were going to judge about a person by his friends you would have to take into account much more people than you imagine. :) It is also natural that it's hard to bare when the friends get offended by someone. But it doesn't mean that there's something wrong with Phoenix or anyone else. Yeah, you are right... it's hard to let it go! It's a common chain reaction that happens during the arguement. I'm sure that later when the things will settle down you still will be able to realize that Phoenix and Flasher T are great people and they aren't any ignorant or agressive in case you thought so. Yes, they both are my friends and not the only friends I have here.

It was simply a bit of bad luck in your case. Without intention you attracted a lot of attention and - let's face it - you failed to make a good impression from the first sight. It can be hard for you to imagine, but before the matter was clear you seemed to be claiming things opposite to the obvious truth and attacking people who were trying to prove you wrong. We just don't know you well enough, just as you don't know us well enough. However, reading the conversation further little by little I was able to see that you aren't like that. On the contrary, you do care about the rules and probably even more than some other community members do. You don't want to fight or even keep on arguing and your social skills should be alright since you manage to moderate some other boards and to have a good reputation there. Besides, you posses some knowledge in music and your English is alright. I really hope that later you also will be able to change your opinion about the guys. It's merely hot discussions that make people a bit blind for some time. Can happen to everyone... It's not a reason to call anyone stupid, right?

Regards,
Maria
35th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 18-04-04 - 10:22 PM // Updated 18-04-04 - 10:26 PM
Thanks Maria for your reply. I'm glad to see that you're also objective and not taking on anyones side. It's not so much about what I think about these persons but what I have to say. They both attacked agaisnt me and I jumped right back at them. I'm however very trough with this topic and I thank you for saying what is relevant and not bashing me for my opinion. And please notice, I'm not stating facts, I'm stating my own personal opinions. There's a big difference.

I would be glad to get to know some of you guys and the truth is that I don't know any of you and neither you know me. Maybe it'd be a better idea to start a topic to intruduse myself and get to know you too? What you say?
36th Reply
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Posted 18-04-04 - 11:20 PM
Arven ... you didnt saw that ...
so how can you ever say a thing about it!?
It really looked very funny
37th Reply
Rainbow
Assistant

Posted 19-04-04 - 01:15 PM
Hello once again! :)

I dunno if it's a good idea to make a thread about you, but probably it would be nice to know your e-mail or any other way to contact you to start with. It's always nice to get to know new people... especially E-type fans. :)

Maria
38th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 19-04-04 - 01:46 PM
Ummm.. I didn't mean that the whole thread would be about me. I ment that it'd be nice to have a thread to tell who you are. Not only me, everyone
39th Reply
Arven
Posted 19-04-04 - 09:56 PM
Well, A.T.L., I just used my imagination while reading your message.
Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page