» Board rules
  » Enter board

Guestbook
  » View guestbook
  » Sign guestbook

Interactive  [Message Board]
Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries
Author Subject:  album and single goes bad!
A.T.L.
Banned: 1 time(s)

Profile Visit homepage Posts
Posted 12-04-04 - 00:50 AM
Hey there

big dissapointed ... thats how I can describe how
I feel when I look at the Swedish sale charts!
Paradise enters at number 2, stays for another week on 2, crashes to number 5 ...
Most first singles of E-Types new album enters at number one or reach for sure withing 3 weeks the #1 position! Paradise doesnt! So it goes bad! 2 is not enough ... THERE CAN BE ONLY 1 ...

Album enters at 2 ... crashes to number 7 ...
Whats going on? Is Swedish "Marco Borsato" (dutch singer which sales the most records when he releases a new album!!!) not that "beloved" anymore?

see ya
Arjen
1st Reply
beowulf
Posted 12-04-04 - 06:03 PM
well in sweden i don't know but i think it's a shame that in france nobody knows what is e-type since 10 years...since made in sweden....i've know that there was a new album because a friend have seen this on web...
and when you want to buy e-types albums ther's no way....
the group had a lot of fans in france,when will thez come say "we are alive!!!!"

kiss
2nd Reply
Flasher T
Posted 12-04-04 - 06:13 PM
It's not a group, dammit!!! :P
3rd Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 12-04-04 - 10:25 PM
E-type is a band. PERIOD.
4th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 12-04-04 - 10:36 PM
Nope - E-type is not a band, period! E-type is 1 person (Martin Eriksson) and that's it. Is DJ BoBo a band as well perhaps? Nope - that's also just 1 person even though he has female vocalists on many of his songs - so I guess that's a way to look at it, right? ;)

/// Morten
webmaster
5th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 12-04-04 - 11:36 PM
If a band has more than one singer, that mean it is a BAND. If e-type sang alone he was an artist alone. But he doesn't, so he is a BAND.
6th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 12-04-04 - 11:44 PM
A band is only the case if there are 2 or more members of the band and that is not the case. Reason? That second or third member would have to be a consistant member of the band - has to be the same person all the way around and that's where things go wrong. E-type has different vocalists meaning they can NOT be described as a member of the band meaning E-type isn't a band but a solo artist. That's just how it is!
7th Reply
Yhanncarlo
Posted 13-04-04 - 08:24 AM
HHmm...A.T.L you should listen to the other songs that are on the top 5 list then :P
Lena Philipsson - Det gör ont(It hurts) nr 1#
and
Shirley Clamp - Min kärlek(My Love) ROXS!!!! nr3#

8th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 13-04-04 - 03:45 PM
I don't think even Morten's definition is exhaustive - basically it all depends on the person/producer/label. If E-type says E-type is one person, then E-type is one person. Martin has been working with Johan for ever for example, yet Johan is the leader of the Frying Demons. If you want another example, if you remember Meat Loaf, it was the name of the guy, although the backing vocals were by one girl, the tour and videos featured another girl, the band was the same throughout, and all the songs were written and produced by Jim Steinman.

If E-type is marketed as the one person, then there's no way you can say that E-type is a band.
9th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 13-04-04 - 06:03 PM
I can only agree completely with you, Flasher ... you managed to explain it in a different but more understandable way if I may say so myself - even though I thought my explanation with DJ BoBo was great too ;)

What I find weird though is that many people actually think that an artist like "Sash!" is 1 person, but the fact of the matter was that he / they also has / have a lot of female vocalists just like E-type has ... Reason why I wrote "They"? Well, because Sash! is a band / producing team but with the same person as the front figure - that's why Sash! can't be described as a single person. Somewhat the opposite goes for E-type. Even though he has female vocalists - it's still just him that's being promoted as the artist. Have you ever seen any other people on E-type's ALBUM sleeves or SINGLE sleeves (apart from Angels Crying, Hold Your Horses and Banca Banca singles)? Hope you got my point!

Anyway - to return to the actual subject regarding the album and single... I think that it is quite good to see E-type in top 5 or top 10 on the charts considering the competition he's up with. On the singles charts we have 4 Melodifestivalen songs in top 5 - that shows how much interest the Swedish people have for Melodifestivalen and that's great in my view. The statement that it's bad Paradise hasn't reached #1 spot is plain silly in my opinion - the fact that it's top 5 for 3 weeks does show the interest in E-type's music but still has something to do with the big competition from other singles.
As to the album going from 2nd to 7th - there are 2 new entries with Anastacia and a soundtrack - and let's face it. Most new entries get a high spot and afterwards slightly fade down the list. Let's see next week how things are. Guns 'n' Roses on #3 spot - Well, it's no secret that they have had more publicity in the media over the years than E-type has + it's a greatest hits album. Everyone wants it. That's why they are higher on the list. Same goes for Gyllene Tider. We have to think of the fact that artists like Gyllene Tider, Anastacia, Norah Jones, Guns 'n' Roses and such have a bigger target group than E-type has - and the Swedish people happened to buy a lot of those records this week.

To tell the truth - I don't think the charts really say all that much about how successful and well-known an artist can be. Just because an album is #7 after 2 weeks doesn't mean that less people are interested in buying E-type's album. It's merely a fact that more people bought the other albums as well. It's a question of sales statistics but do we ever see how many copies that's being sold every week? It could have been a matter of 50 CDs that separates #2 with #7 - we don't know that. Do people care that E-type is no. 2 or no. 4 this week or next week? Just the fact that he's in the charts does count for something and I don't think the charts mean all that much to people - just the fact that he's in the media (TV and Radio) a lot make people remember him and have them buy his album. Let's just see how the charts are the next few weeks.

That's it for now - may update the entry later if I find other relevant info - for now I'm off work, so see you later :)

/// Morten
webmaster
10th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 13-04-04 - 08:19 PM // Updated 13-04-04 - 08:20 PM
E-type doesn't make all of his music by himself, like Sash does. E-type is a band. NaNa Hedin is the other singer in that band. I know u wanna believe that e-type is all that but he ain't. He is nothing without NaNa or Dee. Sorry. With NaNa and Mr. Martin = e-type = great music. With NaNa alone or Matin alone = nothing.

And btw E-type really isn't that famous outside Scandinavia.
11th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 13-04-04 - 10:05 PM
ILoveJan,

You are seriously beating a dead horse here. E-type is one person. It's a matter of public domain. That's just the way it is. Yes, he has backing vocals, yes, he has producers who help him create the music. So what?

Britney Spears has backup vocalists, in fact on some tracks she used a lot of help from Nana Hedin (Stronger in particular), and she was/is produced by the same guys from the old Cheiron Studios team as E-type. Is Britney Spears the name of a band?

Eminem has an entire crew backing him and Dr. Dre, himself a prolific artist, producing his tracks. Is Eminem the name of a band?
12th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 13-04-04 - 10:27 PM // Updated 13-04-04 - 10:45 PM
I see you have not worked with anything music related in your life. You're talking about 2 completely different things. First of all NaNa Hedin is NOT a backing singer in e-type. She is the main vocalist featuring on the CHORUS of the song. What she does for Britney is backing, and that's completely different. It's BRITNEY who you hear on her albums, not NaNa.

Eminem's band is called D-12. D-12's songs feature vocals from other singers than Eminem. That's why it is called a band. Ring the bell?! E-type is a band.
13th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 13-04-04 - 10:46 PM
And I assume you are a great industry professional?

Everyone has producers and backing vocals. *Everyone*. That is in no way a distinction between a band and an artist.

Universal Music says E-type is one person. Universal Music >>>> you. Get over it.
14th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 13-04-04 - 10:47 PM // Updated 13-04-04 - 10:51 PM
Yes, I am an artist myself and I DO work with music all the time. Can't you understand the difference between BACKING VOCALIST and a FEATURE VOCALIST?!
15th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 13-04-04 - 10:50 PM
You know what, I honestly can't. But I can tell the difference between the unfounded opinion of a troll and a consistent, decade-long campaign by one of the world's biggest corporations. Guess which of these two tends to be right?
16th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 13-04-04 - 10:51 PM // Updated 16-04-04 - 02:32 PM
NaNa Hedin DOES NOT SING backing vocals for E-TYPE. NaNa sings the CHORUS. What she sings for Britney is BACKING. However Britney sings the song from the beginning to the end and that's how Britney is the MAIN vocalist and NaNa is just the backing vocalist. With E-TYPE NaNa sings the CHORUS ALONE and that way she is a FEATURE VOCALIST which means she is in a band called E-TYPE. You have to be freaking STUPID not to get the difference. So, please, if you know nothing about how the music biz works, don't act like you do.

And btw, by calling me a troll you just prove how ignorant you are. I'm just statin my opinion.

Universal has not called E-type a one single person. The press release I got from them clearly stated that E-type is a band.
17th Reply
Flasher T
Posted 13-04-04 - 10:55 PM
No, she is not in a band called E-type, because there is no band called E-type. E-type is the trade name of
Martin Eriksson.

It's on every single sleeve, album sleeve and website info. "Music by E-type, Lyrics by E-type/Mud".
18th Reply
ILoveJan
Posted 13-04-04 - 10:58 PM // Updated 13-04-04 - 11:01 PM
BACKING = Singing in the BACKGROUND along with the main vocalist. That is NOT what NaNa is doing. She is singing ALONE in the CHORUS.

It says music and the lyrics by E-type, not "Music and the lyrics by Martin Eriksson. See the difference?
19th Reply
NetRoam
Webmaster
Administrator

Posted 13-04-04 - 11:01 PM
You may be familiar with the genre that E-type makes his music in? If you say that E-type is a band you would want E-type to sing the verse and a female vocalist to sing the chorus, right? But what about songs like:

Do You Always?
You Will Always Be A Part Of Me
Loneliness - Ring The Alarm
I'll Always Be Around
Walk Away
So Dem A Com
Fall From The Sky
Star

and there are probably more to come...

Is that also the work of "the band" E-type then??

Do you know the Swiss dance-artist DJ BoBo? Is he a solo-artist or is he a band?

What about taking a look at Nana Hedin's official website at www.nanahedin.com and check the following phrase about E-type in the BIO?

"E-TYPE
E-type was another Swedish artist who wanted to use NaNa´s voice in the chorus, she has since then featured on four of <b>HIS</b> albums that sold double gold or platinum each time."

Notice the "his" in the text! What do you say about that?
Prev 1 2 3 Next
Back to entries

Go to top of page